Rosewood Hotel Georgia
  • Breakfast included
Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
1,870 results
All reviewshawksworth restaurantbel cafeheated floorsshortbread cookiesrain showerhouse cardeluxe roomturn down servicesoaking tubart gallerybeautiful hotellobby barhuge bathroomcar servicefourth floorhotel experiencelittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The people that work at this hotel make you feel really special and the room itself is very luxurious. I've now stayed in almost every 5 star hotel in Vancouver and this is my new favourite ( Sorry Fairmont WF - It's me, not you. )

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HotelSquamish1910
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent visit to our hotel.

Today, i shared your posting on Trip Advisor with our team as these are the men and women who are dedicated each day to exceeding our guest expectations.

We pride ourselves on making every guest feel like the on on the RED carpet whether you are in Hawksworth Restaurant, our newly opened alfresco lounge on the 4th floor called Reflections or relaxing in our Sense Spa or taking a swim in our 52 ft salt water indoor pool.

Please return soon and make us your "Home away from Home".

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our stay exceeded our expectations. We spent three lovely days at the hotel, and were delighted with hotel and the gorgeous restoration. The staff was outstanding, bar none. Our room was comfortable and cozy, and our stay was made more pleasant by the little details - the espresso machine in the room and a complimentary tea tray sent up every afternoon (upon our request). Kudos to the staff, especially Jim (the driver), Matthew, Connie & Heather (concierges), and John, the bartender at the lobby bar who graciously and creatively mixed me a cocktail based on my favorite ingredients, and shared his historical knowledge of cocktails. The heated floor in the bath was nice, as was the shower and the soaking tub. We have stayed at Rosewood properties before (Caneel & Little Dix) and this "big city" experience at the Hotel Georgia ranks right up there with them.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank appleorchard
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for your kind comments to Trip Advisor.

Team members like Jim Dudley, Heather, Matthew and John are the reasons we are here to ensure your stay was memorable.

"People make the Difference" in our industry and that is the culture we created here 9 months ago when we opened the renovated Rosewood Hotel Georgia.

Taking care of your needs in a "Home away from Home" is key to having a great experience in our hotel.

Please tell your friends and come back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I treated myself to one night at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia after a few days at another hotel in Vancouver. And a treat it surely was! Highly recommended if you want to feel like royalty! I took advantage of an opening special they were running, only 300/nite for a Jr. suite which I thought was grrreat value! The rooms are exactly as they look on the website pictures. Truly classy and opulent :) I just wished I'd had the time to treat myself to a bath in that romantic-looking bath-tub.

I called in advance to inquire about parking, and lo-and-behold, when I arrived at the hotel the front men and other hotel staff were expecting me and were addressing me by my last name! I must admit, I haven't been privy to such royal service before! It kind of creeped me out a little bit.

Even when waiting for the elevator, staff members were asking me: 'How are you enjoying your stay Ms.____ ?'

I think if I had travelled with company that would've been alright but when travelling solo I don't like to draw so much attention to myself ;)

Still a fabulous hotel and I will consider returning in the right company :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Angelita d
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for your kind comment about your stay.

You made my day when I read your Trip Advisor posting.
We pride ourselves on exceeding each guest's expectations. We are 9 months old and have spent a great deal of time on our hiring and training procedures.

We know you have a choice of where to stay and we are very thankful you selected our hotel.

Please tell your friends and come back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia and were beyond impressed. The accommodations, the hotel amenities and the unmatched service of the staff were first rate in every sense of the word.

The front desk staff and the concierge all went above and beyond even what you would expect at a 5 star resort, and all with a warmth and genuine heart for service that made us marvel. The stellar service continued when we dined in their award winning Hawksworth restaurant for dinner and followed up with breakfast the next morning. We have stayed in luxury hotels around the world and would rate the Georgia in the top 2 along side the Crillon in Paris.

The fitness center with their saltwater lap pool on the fourth floor was outstanding. It is located in the heart of Vancouver, with sites, shopping, great dining and art all within short walking distance. The staff directed us to some of the best sites to see in a two day visit and made our trip memorable. There is no better place to stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Steve B

You took our breath away by being compared to the Crillon in Paris. What a compliment.

After 2 years of preparing our 180 team members and 5 years of planning/building for that first day of operation 10 months ago when we opened and to receive such a complement from you was VERY special.

Your comments have been shared by everyone.

Thank you. We enjoyed creating that special memory for you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here in Feb 2012 in a junior suite. The rooms are very respectable and obviously brand new. Bathrooms were almost superb however the showers only have a ceiling mounted "rain-shower" which many people think they will like in principle but isn't so great in practice. There should at least be an optional shower hose.

Had no chance to try the restaurant but had room service - both for breakfast and dinner. At breakfast they managed to forget several items although, in their defence, they deleted these items from the bill even after they delivered it. Dinner was OK but nothing stand-out.

Staff in the lobby were fantastic, in particular the doormen.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank reallyreallyfussy
DwightSanford, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

The rain forest showers have been well-received, however, as you have noted other options should be available. We have started to look at retro-fitting the rooms with hand held showers so that some of the rooms are equipped with both and hope to have this completed in the near future.

Consistency is an extremely important part of our guest’s experience. If one part of the hotel is lacking it can have an adverse effect on the positive interactions and clearly, we have some opportunities within our room service program for improvement. Our goal is to move away from one's perception of room service and create a true in room dining experience that encompasses both service and product (food). Thank you very much for the feedback.