“Better than my High Expectations”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Atlanta
“Better than my High Expectations”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

On my recent trip to Vancouver British Columbia with my son to visit University of British Columbia we stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia based on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor.
The reviews ranked it as one of the top hotels in downtown Vancouver so I was expecting a superior experience. The hotel and particularly the staff far exceeded my expectations.

First the location: Rode Sky-train from airport to City center station-30 minutes. Rosewood is 1 block from the station. Vancouver Art Gallery across the street,Waterfront a few blocks down the hill. A few blocks more Gas town's great restaurants. Speaking of restaurants the hotel restaurant "Hawksworth" is fantastic. We had breakfast & light dinner, both wonderful. Great wine list.
Additionally "Reflections Lounge" an open air area is a great spot to sip a glass of wine outside by the fire in the crisp Vancouver evening.
The pool, exercise and spa areas are also exceptional. Lovely facilities and super staff.
Speaking of staff be sure to meet Jim. He drove us (in his Bentley) to catch the sunset at English Bay(recommended by the concierge (i am sorry I forgot your name). Later in the weekend he joined us @ Reflections. What a wonderful gentleman.
The Rosewood group has created a fantastic oasis in downtown Vancouver not to be missed for a special visit to a beautiful city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike H
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you very much for your very generous and gracious words.

We are honered that you chose to stay at our hotel because we know you have a choice of the many wonderful hotels in our great city.

Reflections roof top alfresco lounge opens today from noon to 11pm each night (vs just from 4PM) and has been one of Vancouver "little secrets". I hope you had a chance to enjoy our contemporary hand-crafted cocktails and relax in one of our 5 cabanas by the fire pit and waterfall.

Again, thank you for letting Trip Advisor know about your experience at our hotel.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Vancouver
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Absolutely splendid. Old world charm. Totally updated. Very tastefully decorated. The rooms are spacious, richly appointed, with loads of smart and beautiful fine details. Very relaxing ambiance. Large bathrooms with an amazing soaker tub, separate rain shower stall, and wonderfully heated tiled floors. The staff is so welcoming, efficient, and engaging. Great pool and spa. Terrific cocktails at the bar, great food at Hawksworth. Definitely, worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GourmetTravel888
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for sending Trip Advisor your kind comments.

We are all very proud of this hotel and how our owners and Rosewood protected the history of "The Georgia" which was built in 1927. She truly is a special place.

5 years of planning went into the development to ensure all of the little details of how a first class property should function for our guests/customers at the same time ensure the history and charm of the hotel was preserved correctly.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience in Hawksworth was a memorable one.

Please come back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We saw on our local television station the re-opening of the Rosewood Hotel (2011) after it had undergone a 3 year renovation. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there as it is just an amazed Hotel that is personable but professionally run. They are extremely fussing about quality and pay attention to the smallest detail. The hotel is the same vintage as the Millineum Biltmore in Los Angels and has a similar history with movie stars and famous people from around the world but it is far above the Biltmore's tired interior.

The fitness facilities and dinning have been awarded one of the best in Canada. What makes the location special is that it is directly across from the Art Gallery and only minutes away from the famous Robson Street and Harbour Convention Centre. This is truly a winner and you will not go broke when it come to paying your bill when you depart.

Room Tip: Reserve well ahead for the dining room as local people will book months in advance.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B K
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you very much for your very generous and gracious words. Everyone at the hotel has worked very hard to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay and my team will be very encouraged to know that you enjoyed your visit so much. I will pass on your kind comments.

We are honered that you chose to stay at our hotel. Please come back each year and celebrate your special day.

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
calgary
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Lovely boutique hotel with nice rooms, but not my favourite Vancouver hotel. We stayed with our daughter, and I didn't find them very accomodating upon check in...charged us $30 extra when I asked for room with 2 beds, when it was the same room category and hotel wasn't busy, and we were first time guests, and asked for a children's robe and never did receive one (which is nice to have when going to the pool) I loved the pool but wish there would have been a hot tub or steam room...and there was no little extra treat like cookies or chocolates in room as complimentary welcome treat like many hotels do....again...very lovely hotel, liked the room, but in my opinion not deserving of the number spot on tripadvisor..we will go back to our favourite hotel with 5 star service next time....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to Trip Advisor.

I apologize for making these mistakes. We have children's robes and provide amenities at our nightly turn down service. This is totally our mistake.

We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests' expectations and we did not for you. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I do hope you will give us a second chance the next time you visit Vancouver so we can show you our complete Rosewood experience.

Contact me and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed for two nights with some friends on a weekend trip to see the Vancouver Canucks play. It was a fabulous experience and I wold recommend this property to everyone. The service was fantastic and the hotel itself was absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chuck B
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We appreciated your feedback. Please come back at any time and make us "Your Home away from Home". Go Canucks Go!!

Langley, BC
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Having been to some of the best hotels in Europe, Great Britain, and recently, Maui, I'm excited to report that one of the finest establishments I've ever stayed at is right here in my home province of British Columbia! The Rosewood Hotel exudes class and style everywhere - from the well-appointed, modern rooms to the dapper bellboys and the conceirge service. We enjoyed our stay on the 10th floor in a "Junior Suite". The ensuite was magnificent - loved the heated floors, huge, thirsty bath towels and robes and the soft, modern lighting that was controlled from multiple locations in the room. This was basically an appartment without the the kitchen. The bar is stocked with all your favorite items. It was my birthday and we arrived to a small chocolate mousse cake decorated in edible gold foil as a welcome. How thoughtful. Although we didn't get to try out the spa or the pool, we did have a glorious meal at Hawksworth Restaurant (which I will review separately.) I will be staying here whenever I'm in Vancouver for the weekend!

Room Tip: The junior suite is worth the money!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank ladydocBC
How kind of you to send Trip Advisor your feedback.

Your comments made our day. Our team celebrates when our guests provide us with this kind of feedback.

We like to tell everyone about the little extra touches that make our hotel more desirable and memorable and to hear it from you is very special.

Please come back soon.

Ridgeland, MS
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Rosewood Hotel Georgia while in town for a conference (USCAP). We have stayed at Rosewood resorts before and always had an amazing experience. This was no different. The room was amazing, with modern amenities including a nespresso machine (my husband loved this and used it every day) and convenient buttons on the wall to control lighting, including one right next to the bed to turn on the "privacy" sign, which was extremely convenient! I hate it when I get in bed then realize I forgot to put the privacy sign out on the door... The best part of the room is the bathroom. The floors are heated, the whole bathroom is covered with beautiful dark brown marble and the shower is amazing. It's huge and has 4 rain shower heads. The bathroom itself is also quite large and takes up about 1/3rd of the room or more. The only complaint I have about the room is that the closet is teeny and there's no way to stow your suitcases or unpack all of your clothes. I don't think this would be as big of a deal in the summer but when we went it was really cold so we had a lot of bulky clothes. Also there was some street noise that made it a little difficult to sleep some nights. We could have used a sound machine but it didn't bother us so much that we went out of our way to find some way to block the noise.

The hotel is conveniently located and was an easy downhill 10 minute walk to the convention center every morning. It is also in easy walking distance of many great restaurants.

As far as the hotel staff, they could not have been more friendly or helpful. Every concierge we talked to there gave us the best recommendations and was extremely helpful. Same for the front desk and staff at the hotel restaurant, which we went to for drinks and dessert. Drinks were good, dessert was OK. But like I said, best service ever. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

We also sampled the spa. I got a relaxation massage and the cocoon treatment, both of which were heavenly. I also got a manicure and pedicure. My husband got a deep tissue massage that he wasn't too impressed with. He also got the shower tapas as well as the scalp tapas, both of which he really enjoyed. Again the staff was very professional, did a great job and really went the extra mile to make you feel relaxed. The spa itself was absolutely beautiful, with a great cozy relaxation room and really beautiful facilities.

We didn't bring our swimsuits but wish we had after we saw the pool. It, too, was really beautiful with large dark brown marble pillars and a beautiful tile deck. The bottom of the pool has large panels of lights that slowly change colors. We did go to the gym, which has all state of the art equipment and a small room for doing non-machine related exercises, as well as a set of free weights. The gym is also really aesthetically pleasing and is surrounded by large floor to ceiling windows so you can watch the city below. The staff keeps the gym sparkly clean, coming in every 20 minutes or so to tidy up. They keep cool water and cool towels readily available. Some of the cardio machines even have games on them that you can play while you work out, which I thought was a pretty neat feature. I really enjoyed working out in it and wish I had been able to use it more.

Overall a great experience. I would go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business