“Excellent”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Georgia over the Easter holiday weekend. The location was excellent. It was easy walking distance to the Pacific Centre, Robson Street, and Gastown. The room was a nice size and bathroom was well laid out with heated floors. Many thanks to the concierge team as they were the most helpful we have ever encountered. We ate at the Hawksworth Restaurant and at Reflections and all meals were exceptional. Looking forward to returning.

4  Thank Caymanss
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We know the real reason people stay at hotels is "the service" each property is able to provide. We know you have a choice of what hotel to stay in when you come to our beautiful city and we appreciated your selection of Rosewood Hotel Georgia to enjoy our one to one personalized service.

Reflections alfresco lounge on our 4th floor has been a BIG hit to locals and our guests so I am pleased you liked it. It's fun place to relax and enjoy the outdoors while sipping on your favourite cocktail. As you know it's open from Noon each day except Sunday. Watch for a special Sunday brunch coming soon.

Hawksworth Restaurant continues to WOW our guests. It truly has become Vancouver's hottest venue for dining.

Come back again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the Rosewood. It was supposed to be five nights as I was at a conference. We were really looking forward to it. The pool was wonderful on the first day.

However, the room was very well appointed but very small for two people. We put up with it for the first night. It was a funny shaped room - very long and narrow. My wife kept saying that we wouldn't be spending any time in the room anyways.....

The room overlooked the interior courtyard and on the second night a band was playing in the court yard. I phoned and complained about the noise and was told that the band would only be playing to 11:00 pm or so. . I said that my expectation was that when I rented a room, I expected it to be quiet. Further more that they knew that I was staying for five nights and that if they had a band going for a event, they should not have booked the rooms overlooking the court yard. There was no apology. Simply a reiteration that the band would shut down around 11:00 pm.

I insisted on another room demanded to speak to the night manager. Got a phone call back about 15 minute later (9:30 pm or so) and more talk about the band shutting down. I got pretty angry and hung the phone. Phoned the Sutton Place (2 blocks away) and they had a room. Then I got another phone from the front desk of the Rosewood saying they would be giving me a 'complimentary upgrade'. Talk about arrogance! They were the ones that booked me into a room that they should never had let given that they had a band going.

Said thanks but no thanks and that I would be downstair in five minutes to pay my bill. Which I did. My wife and I then caught cab over to the Sutton Place.

Sutton Place was great. The rooms are good sized and it was really nice and quiet. Gym was okay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank dan r

Dear Sir,

I have reviewed your posting to Trip Advisor and wish to apologize for your disappointing experience while staying here.

This is not how we take care of our guests. Please forgive us.

I will personally speak to our associate who handled your call.

The music formatting from our 4th floor alfresco bar Reflections Lounge which closes at 11Pm is planned to never disturb the courtyard guests. The level of sound that night was totally our fault.

We pride ourselves in memorable guest service and comfort and when we get any complaint from a guest we all treat it as a "gift" so we can rectify the issue that it never happens again.

On behalf of my entire team, we are very sorry this happened to you and I hope we can make it up to you some time in the near future.

Please give us another chance. We will not let you down the next time.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this comment.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

A great location, with easy walking distance to the downtown sights. But even better than that: the wonderful rooms, with the comforts one would want; and the terrific service, with the staff that were friendly and extraordinarily helpful. Will definitely stay there again!

3  Thank Idmd
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review to Trip Advisor.

Our hotel was born 85 years ago in this incredible location. Now after 5 years of careful restoration to bring her back to the splendour and elegance of that time period we are very proud under the Rosewood umbrella of great hotels and resorts to now welcome the world to this property.

Please come back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Absolutely great hotel. I will stay again in Rosewood hotel for my next trip to Vancouver. I stayed three nights there and had a great experience. Every staff I met was very kind and helpful. The room was very clean, luxurious, and modern, not to mention the signature bathroom. In addition, indoor swimming pool was also very nice and convenient to use especially when you have a small child. There might be a better hotel, but this was the best hotel I have ever stayed so far, considering all the factors - staff, room, location, facilities, price, etc. My wife and daughter also liked the hotel very much.

3  Thank mdadPA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We (my mom, 8 yr old daughter and I) stayed at the Hotel Georgia last weekend...and it could not have been a better experience. The hotel is very kid friendly (e.g., no funny looks when you making a little noise in the pool) and is extremely beautiful. The staff made a minor mistake on directions to a local attraction and the hotel jumped all over it to make us feel better including comping our parking during our stay. This hotel and related service are fantastic and would stand up to any of the other high-end hotels (Four Seasons, etc.)

1  Thank dan m
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Great to hear from you. thanks for taking your time to tell Trip Advisor about your stay with us.

We are very proud of our team who took good care of you and your family.

The pool is one of our hallmarks and everyone loves the fact it is salt water and 52 feet. You can spend hours there and it's right next to the Sense Spa and fitness centre.

Please come back again very soon.

Just yesterday we re opened our 4th floor roof top alfresco lounge called Reflections. It's packed today with so many locals and visitors enjoying the great spring weather.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

On my recent trip to Vancouver British Columbia with my son to visit University of British Columbia we stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia based on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor.
The reviews ranked it as one of the top hotels in downtown Vancouver so I was expecting a superior experience. The hotel and particularly the staff far exceeded my expectations.

First the location: Rode Sky-train from airport to City center station-30 minutes. Rosewood is 1 block from the station. Vancouver Art Gallery across the street,Waterfront a few blocks down the hill. A few blocks more Gas town's great restaurants. Speaking of restaurants the hotel restaurant "Hawksworth" is fantastic. We had breakfast & light dinner, both wonderful. Great wine list.
Additionally "Reflections Lounge" an open air area is a great spot to sip a glass of wine outside by the fire in the crisp Vancouver evening.
The pool, exercise and spa areas are also exceptional. Lovely facilities and super staff.
Speaking of staff be sure to meet Jim. He drove us (in his Bentley) to catch the sunset at English Bay(recommended by the concierge (i am sorry I forgot your name). Later in the weekend he joined us @ Reflections. What a wonderful gentleman.
The Rosewood group has created a fantastic oasis in downtown Vancouver not to be missed for a special visit to a beautiful city.

1  Thank Mike H
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you very much for your very generous and gracious words.

We are honered that you chose to stay at our hotel because we know you have a choice of the many wonderful hotels in our great city.

Reflections roof top alfresco lounge opens today from noon to 11pm each night (vs just from 4PM) and has been one of Vancouver "little secrets". I hope you had a chance to enjoy our contemporary hand-crafted cocktails and relax in one of our 5 cabanas by the fire pit and waterfall.

Again, thank you for letting Trip Advisor know about your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Absolutely splendid. Old world charm. Totally updated. Very tastefully decorated. The rooms are spacious, richly appointed, with loads of smart and beautiful fine details. Very relaxing ambiance. Large bathrooms with an amazing soaker tub, separate rain shower stall, and wonderfully heated tiled floors. The staff is so welcoming, efficient, and engaging. Great pool and spa. Terrific cocktails at the bar, great food at Hawksworth. Definitely, worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GourmetTravel888
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for sending Trip Advisor your kind comments.

We are all very proud of this hotel and how our owners and Rosewood protected the history of "The Georgia" which was built in 1927. She truly is a special place.

5 years of planning went into the development to ensure all of the little details of how a first class property should function for our guests/customers at the same time ensure the history and charm of the hotel was preserved correctly.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience in Hawksworth was a memorable one.

Please come back soon.