“One of my best hotel experiences ever!”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Concord, Massachusetts
“One of my best hotel experiences ever!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at the Rosewood Georgia for business for two nights. Two things really stood out: the service and the bathroom. Service-wise, every hotel staff person was friendly, engaging, and helpful. Everyone went the extra mile to make the stay special, from delivering the weather report on wake-up calls to getting cabs. And the bathroom was the best ever! I was in an executive suite and the bathroom was huge with a heated floor; huge, deep tub; separate glass shower stall with four shower heads in the ceiling, creating a small waterfall; and two vanities/sinks. The room itself was very nice, also. The Fitness Center was great, too -- much larger and better outfitted than the average hotel gym. My only teeny complaint was the prices of room service, which seemed extravagant, even for a luxury hotel. My breakfast -- eggs, potatoes, bagel with cream cheese, fruit plate, and several cans of diet coke -- was $62! Food was, however, completely delicous. All in all, I won't even look at another hotel if I go back to Vancouver -- will absolutely book at the Rosewood!

fitness center

2 Thank Clarkthehorse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Vancouver
Reviewed 23 April 2012

What a beautiful place. Right from reception to check-out service was impeccable. Rooms were immaculate. Couldn't find one thing we would change. My husband fell in love with the state of the art lighting system. Little things like an electronic privacy button instead of a tacky sign outside the door dodn't go unnoticed. Bathroom was massive and had a huge soaker tub and triple sized shower. Would stay there again anytime!

Room Tip: We looked out over the art gallery which was great but check first to make sure there aren't any...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VancouverBlondie
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Staying at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia was a phenomenal experience. The hotel is upscale and modern, yet, understated in a traditional sense. The staff is attentive and pleasant but, not obtrusive. The room was incredibly comfortable and housekeeping came twice per day. I had an amazing 80 minute hot stone massage at the spa. Sherri was very experienced and customized the massage to accommodate my requests. Another great feature was the salt water lap pool which was extremely relaxing. I am not a swimmer; yet, for some reason I was compelled to swim laps at Hotel Georgia. The therapeutic lights in the pool was a new experience for me and something I really enjoyed. I think light therapy really works!

Another memorable moment was when I arrived one evening with a bottle of wine, cheese and a loaf of French bread to take up to my room. The concierge assessed my fare and kindly asked if I would like a plate and knife to enjoy my "dinner". Room service arrived less that 3 minutes later at my door with a sharp knife, plate and napkin. The service at the hotel was exceptional and it was an experience I will always remember.

3 Thank ACJ611
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

What a pleasant comment you sent to Trip Advisor about your stay with us. Thank you.

Each day we receive so many wonderful accolades from our guests.

In the world of hospitality, the ability to anticipate what customers want, before they ask for it can be a true competitive advantage. We believe this is one of our "service hallmarks" and we are glad we exceeded your expectations.

Please come back again soon.

Steve Halliday
Managing Director
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I arrived 24 hours later than planned (thanks BA) and expected the normal kind of hotel welcome experience.....but wow....completely different experience. Was treated like royalty!!
The room was superb. As there on business, didn't get to experience the spa or the pool, but the room and bathroom were so comfortable and clean.

Ok, so the room wasnt massive, but it was more than big enough for a business traveller.

The hotel lobby bar did nice food, well presented, quickly delivered by friendly staff and was a decent price.

The one time I did make breakfast I found it a little expensive. I suppose I'm more used to the buffet style. Maybe next time I'll avoid the fresh OJ.

Room rate was sort of as expected for a city centre hotel, but could easily have been much,much more.

Very friendly staff.

I'd definitely use this place again.

2 Thank tdLeeds
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I highly recommend this hotel--from the time I made my reservation to when I checked out, the service was exceptional. I was heading to a conference in Vancouver and Diane in reservations worked with me to ensure we were able to stay in the hotel even though the conference organizers could not get us a room. Thank you, Diane! The hotel property was amazing but it was the service and attention to detail that blew me away. From the turn down service that came with a bottle of water and shortbread cookie, to the Nespresso machine in the room, to the beautiful gym-- it was all wonderful. The bathroom is incredible as well. Beautiful accents made me feel as if I was in a spa bathroom. When we asked for a sushi reservation that was close to the hotel, the concierge recommended a delicious and very reasonably priced place. The concierge made a reservation for us and then followed up to make sure it was up to our expectations. On our last day, we checked out and were heading straight to the airport. The concierge on duty recommended that we take the sky train to save a bunch of money and time. He even walked us part way over to the station. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this hotel. Service is exceptional. I will now go out of my way to see if there is a Rosewood hotel in any city that I am visiting.

3 Thank emilyCO
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Simply amazing service... Attention to the littlest detail, amazing room, the most comfortable bed ever!! From check-in to check-out, everyone is extremely professional, helpful and genuine. Handwritten personalized welcome note, turndown service, everything was perfect. They even sent me a custom declaration form to the room so that I could have an extra 2 minutes sleep for a very early flightbthe next morning! And the hotel is simply beautiful!!

Best hotel stay ever!

Room Tip: Loved the superior room!
2 Thank mcdess
salmon arm, bc
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked this hotel for nostalgic reasons - the Georgia is a Vancouver icon and I wanted to see what the Rosewood chain had accomplished after a complete gut and rebuild. It surpassed my expectations - not so much the room, which was very lovely and well appointed, but the helpful, friendly and very attentive staff. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels over the past 10+ years, but the service here was exceptional. The concierge and valet service were extremely friendly and helpful and the front desk staff was very accommodating and upgraded us upon arrival. The location is perfect for downtown Vancouver, the room was tastefully decorated and had all the amenities incl. an oversize bathroom, I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know going to Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends