“Fantastico”

Ranked #27 of 59 Bakeries in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Commercial Drive
Neighbourhood: Commercial Drive
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I have been hearing of this fabulous Italian bakery from many of my friends and finally I made the trip into Vancouver and wow I was back in Italy when I was the variety of Italian breads, cakes and pastries in Fratelli's. I bought an assortment of pastries including two kinds of cannoli's, some panna cotta and some Italian bread and buns. When we tasted everything I bought I was transported back to Italy. This bakery makes everything in the true Italian style so when you eat the cannoli it will take you back to what you tasted in Sicily. The breads and buns ( coronette) were perfect and truly Italian style. I wished I had bought a Saint Honore cake but you have to have something else to look forward to.

There are newer reviews for Fratelli Bakery

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I happened on this lovely bakery after enjoying a latte with a friend next door at Café Calabria - he recommended it when I said I couldn't find really good canolis. Well, to my amazement, they had several varieties - I tried most of them - but the original Sicilian is still the best by far!

Cookies are fresh. Neapolitans are nicely sweetened. Tarts are tanto tasty. Saint Honore cakes come in 2 sizes: 5 puff balls for $20 or 10 for $30.

Might not be the cheapest option or the friendliest (depends on the server) on the Drive but I don't think there are any better treats than Fratelli's.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

The panini sandwich we got while on our Taste of Vancouver Walking tour was so delicious. I'm mad at our tour guide for telling us to pace ourself as you won't have room for all the goodies we're going to eat on the tour so I took one of the smaller piece of the panini. I wish I'd taken the largest one it was so good. Loads of meat, cheese, pickled eggplant and roasted peppers and great tasting mustard.

This place is busy and lots of people working but make sure you make eye contact to get them to take your order. there also have some great pasta dishes, oils, pastas and specialty Italian cooking goodies

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Great variety of cake and tarts. The service was very good. The items we purchased were very tasty. They make their own Panettone which is a bonus. They also sell breads but we didn't try any so can't comment on it.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Earlier this year, I went in to the Commercial Drive location and ordered 3 different flavoured cakes in 3 different sizes, as I had purchased a tiered stand to put them on for my parents anniversary party. I was very clear and specific about the size of cakes and flavors. The person who wrote down my order seemed to be confident that she wrote it down clearly. I paid for my order in advance, and was told I just needed to pickup on the day of. I had completely forgotten to get a slip with the order confirmation written on it.

When I arrived to pickup my cakes, one of the cakes was the wrong size. Rather than own up to their mistake, they tried to convince me that it was my fault and stated that the person who wrote down the order had done it correctly. I asked for the cake size that I had requested and they stated that I would need to come back later on to pick it up. Not only was it a major inconvenience for me to go back and pick it up, but they got their front staff to get me to pay EXTRA for THEIR mistake. Not only was I frustrated by this additional, but also late to a party that I was hosting. The owner hid in the back the entire time during my second visit. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I will definitely NOT be going back to this location again.