“AMAZING!!! A+++++ Romantic Hotel!!”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Wow! This place was hands down AMAZING!! Being an island boy born & raised here in Hawaii, I am definitely NOT used to 5Star Hotel Treatment & style which is exactly what we got here at L'Hermitage...but pretentious they were NOT!! Well......if having EXCELLENT customer service & making your guest feel extra special is pretentious they yes, maybe they are!! Hahaha...

My wife & I stayed @ L'Hermitage on our way to our 1st Year Anniversary Alaskan Cruise, we are SO happy that we found this place!! Ok...I have to admit that Im slightly happier since IM the one who found & booked it, and my wife LOOOVED it(and now BECAUSE of L'Hermitage she trusts my taste in hotels...see 1st paragraph regarding my usual hotel style hahaha)

Our flight arrived around 5am, after customs & luggage we got to the hotel a little after 6am...the doorman quickly came to our taxi greeted us with a huge smile and took our bags inside, he adamantly refused to let me help(all with a smile+++)...as soon as we walked in, the front desk guy knew exactly who we were(+++) & greeted us warmly and told us that they had a room ready for us to go to immediately!! WOW!! After a 6hr flight from Hawaii...those were the words we NEEDED to hear!! Mind you, regular check-in time is @ 3 or 4 PM so its like we had a WHOLE EXTRA day to relax & enjoy the hotel. We stayed in room 552 a Boutique Room Category. It was PERFECT! Romantic and cozy :-) Same floor as the dining, pool/hottub & gym!! It had a great sized outdoor area with lots of seating! (The glass door on the far left slides open to the outside area) They told us construction was going on across the street, but we heard NOTHING from inside the room & barely heard anything when using the outdoor area.

(QUICKTIP: If arriving on an early flight, it pays to email them ahead of time to let them know!! They couldn't PROMISE a room right away but they made assurances that they would definitely TRY to get us in one....they sure came through with that promise! ++++++)

Another reason why we loved them is how much they made our stay so romantic. I had secretly brought along a frozen cake(replica of our wedding cake) they were willing to hold it for me in their own fridge so my wife wouldnt see it! It was to be setup in our room along with other things such as champagne & chocolates(available to choose during online reservations) while we were out to dinner. They did such an amazing job! After dinner we walked into the hotel lobby and the concierge & front desk people all greeted us with a loud HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We were surprised since we did not "officially" meet any of these people prior during our check-in(new shift), yet they knew who we were & made us feel so special!

The service in L'Orangerie Dining Room & Lounge was excellent as well! Attentive but not overbearing. The food selection in the breakfast buffet was great & oh soooooo ONO!(hawaiian for delicious!) The restaurant attached Q4 al Centro was where we had dinner. The food & service was amazing there as well! Two words: MUSHROOM RAVIOLI!! ONOlicious!! They also have a 15% discount for hotel guests due to the construction.(++++)

The hotel location was perfect, close to so many things! There is a green grocer just around the corner, along with a liquor store a few doors down. So many shopping & dining choices nearby and even a Starbucks right on the corner if thats your thing. We were also pretty close to Canada Place(Cruise ship dock) as well. I'm sure we could've walked there, but the cab fare was less then $10 bucks a believe & with our luggage the cab fare was worth it!

Check out was easy @ 12noon but we didn't actually leave the hotel until after 2pm....we just relaxed near the fireplace in the L'Orangerie Lounge drinking beer & hot tea. They stored our luggage downstairs & even attached the cruiseship tags on for us. Not once did we feel like we were being rushed out of the hotel. On our way out the door, the concierge came over to say farewell & again wish us a happy anniversary. He chatted with us for a few minutes while we waited for the taxi...man, these Canadians REALLY are so friendly!! hahaha

If we ever come back to Vancouver(which I hope we do!), there is no doubt that we will be staying at L'Hermitage again! You guys were the BEST start we could've had for an amazing romantic vacation! MAHALO NUI LOA!(Hawaiian for THANK YOU VERY MUCH!)

Room Tip: Room 552 was PERFECT for us! It had a great sized outdoor patio area(large enough for a 4 seater ta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,041)

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Like a lot of people, I booked L’Hermitage because it’s the number one hotel in Vancouver and I was pleasantly surprised at the price. However, I wasn’t prepared for the level of pretentiousness – the guy who checked us in actually said “And I will now come around the desk to present your with your keys”!

The room was very nice, but hadn’t quite been thought out properly. For example:
- The bathroom was huge, but the towel rail was on completely the other side of the room to the shower, so you had to drip across the floor to reach.
- The wardrobe had lots of shelf space, but this meant the ironing board couldn’t stand up properly, so it lay diagonally across the hanging space – there’s no way you could have hung up anything long or more than a couple of short items.

Also, there’s quite noisy construction going on outside at the moment.

On the positive side, it *is* in a good location. It also has a great outside swimming pool and seating area – at busy times, it would be too small to enjoy, but it was brilliant to have a swim alone at night and look up at the surrounding buildings!

In summary, it’s a good hotel, but probably not the best one in Vancouver!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jen E
Reviewed 12 August 2012

L'Hermitage is perfectly located for exploring Vancouver. The service - every aspect of it from the valet service, to the concierge, to the front desk staff, to the restaurant wait staff - was excellent, consistently friendly and helpful. The only possible complaint, the one-bedroom suite was a bit tight for a family of four, though the bathroom was spacious and the balcony was a nice feature.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice, before and after our cruise. Our experience was so good that we wanted to stay here second time round. It is a very popular boutique hotel and priced just right; I couldn't book the second night online as it was sold out, so was really glad when they offered me a concellation at the same price I had paid online. The first time we had a boutique executive room (second level up), which was more a mini suite, and very comfortable. It was certainly the largest room I had experienced in a first class hotel in a major city. On our return trip, we were upgraded to a larger suite with the hotel's compliments. This has a sitting room, separate bedroom, bathroom and toilet, as well as a sink by the bar. Both rooms were very clean and modern, have balconys and with TV, free wifi and coffee and tea. Location is excellent, quiet but just few minutes' walk away from Robson St, and 15-20 mins walk to the waterfront and cruise terminal. We were able to walk from the hotel to all the major sights in town, including the olympics village, China Town, and Gastown. In between our two stays , we were able to leave a suit case with the hotel. We will certainly stay here again if we visit Vancouver. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My new husband and I recently honeymooned at L'Heritage. Everyone was really great. All the staff was very friendly and helpful at every turn. We had the smallest room they offer and it felt spacious and well appointed. The use of space when they built the hotel was very well planned.

This hotel is in walking distance of nearly everything as my hubby and I walked everywhere we wanted to go. Cabs were readily available if you didn't want to walk.

Our Concierge was great and so was the front desk staff. I don't have any complaints about this hotel and would stay again and again knowing I am going to have a great stay each and every time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Perfect location for exploring the city and the rooms were very spacious. The staff was most attentive and the concierge's were very helpful. No mini-bar but there is a refrigerator in the room. There is a small gym and a lap-pool. Plus we got into our room early which was really nice because we had just gotten off a cruise and wanted a chance to freshen up a bit before exploring the town. I would certainly stay here again the next time I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Superb location and spotless, modern appointments highlight this intimate boutique hotel. The staff accommodated our need for early check-in graciously, provided accurate and perceptive tourist guidance, and always displayed a helpful attitude. A consideration: I'm sure the price will be higher once the construction across the street is done (7 a.m. to 6 p.m., as I recall). Our suite was on the back of the hotel, so noise was never an issue, but I suspect it might be on the front. The staff was helpful and patient in guiding me to use their confusing satellite t.v. system. The Concierge (Raymond) was very helpful and insightful. I found the breakfast buffet too pricey, but a nice bakery is only a block or so away.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool, not the street, if you'll be in the room during the day (constructio...