1,911 results
All reviews chi spa market by jean georges lower lobby alberni street bathroom mirror concierge team beautiful hotel one bedroom suite nespresso machine hotel experience steam room favorite hotel valet parking turn down service four seasons heart of downtown stanley park
Reviewed December 11, 2015

What a fantastic hotel! The service was top rate - everyone was friendly, professional and genuine. The workout facility was great, had everything you need. The rooms were the definition of luxury - great lighting, views, bathroom and most importantly an extremely comfortable bed. This is the quietest downtown hotel room I have stayed in.

1  Thank Chris R
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2015

Dear Chris R,
We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this kind and detailed feedback. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel, to ensure you feel comfortable in your home away from home. I'm pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location, spacious guest rooms, state-of-the-art health club and marble bathrooms. We very much appreciate your recommendation to return, and look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

This Shangri-La won’t win any awards for first impressions, as the street entrance for those arriving by car looks downright pokey, and the ramp down to reception and valet parking is as grim as any other subterranean parkade. All was forgiven the moment my wife and I pulled up in front of the swish glass-fronted lobby and were ushered to the reception desk for a gracious, smiling welcome, which was repeated by every staff member we encountered during our 3-night stay.

For busy professionals needing to unwind, the ambiance at Shangri-La would be hard to beat. Although I’ve stayed in more luxurious hotel rooms than our Deluxe King here, none have given off a greater sense of peace. The furnishings presented clean lines to the eye and our room was blissfully quiet, with not a peep from the neighbours and only the loudest of traffic noises making it faintly through the window. Even the hallway from the elevator to our room felt blanketed in plush, spa-like silence.

While our mattress was supremely comfortable, we found ourselves overheating during sleep as the bed was made up European-style with no top sheet, just a duvet so thick that it should be standard issue on Antarctic expeditions. We needn’t have suffered, though, as we could simply have asked housekeeping to bring us a top sheet—they do have ‘em. Next time.

What a gorgeous bathroom! White marble walls and floor, soaker tub and separate large glass shower. The only slight nuisance was that a trickle of water always found a gap in the shower enclosure door to escape onto the floor (in my hotel experience, the fancier the bathroom, the less watertight), but of course that was easily solved with a sacrificial towel.

This same weekend my parents and sister stayed at the hotel in a one-bedroom suite with sofa-bed, which had two sinks in its larger bathroom (vs. a single sink in ours). Their suite was on the 15th floor (the hotel’s highest though not the building’s, since residences start at the 16th), and offered a nice city view from its spacious balcony with deck furniture. Shangri-La’s official check-in time is 3 p.m., but I’d requested early check-in for my family and their suite was ready when they arrived at noon.

One design flaw in the suite was that you had to trek to the bedroom to find the lone closet; it would have been nice (and there’s sufficient free space) to have an additional closet at the entrance for coats. Our room also had only one closet, but at least that was in the entrance. In both rooms, much of the closet space was stolen by a shelving unit, so don’t plan to unpack and hang more than a couple of days’ worth of clothes.

If the minor issues listed above might have tempted me to drop my overall rating to four stars, the impeccable service we received won back the fifth. The front desk was very efficient with our transportation requests; we never had to wait long for taxis or for our cars to be brought up from valet parking. Wait staff at breakfast were attentive and accommodating. Everyone we interacted with was polite, respectful and friendly, contributing in a major way to the serene atmosphere, and earning the Shangri-La Vancouver a firm recommendation.

●●●●○ Sleep Quality
●●●●○ Value
●●●●● Cleanliness

Room tip: I would imagine that higher floors have less street noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WMarkR

Dear WMarkR,
We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this detailed feedback. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel, to ensure you and your family feel comfortable in your home away from home. My sincere apologies for any confusion or disappointment in your arrival experience; our underground porte cochere is designed to protect our guests from Vancouver’s often rainy climate. I'm pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location, spacious guest rooms, outdoor balcony, and marble bathrooms. We very much appreciate your recommendation to return, and look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

Superb 5 Star hotel. Facility, ambiance and service were extraordinary! Hotel is in a great location. Staff is very professional yet warm and welcoming. Room is very comfortable and quiet. A sanctuary after a long day.

1  Thank JBurgomaster

Dear JBurgomaster,
Thank you for taking the time to share this kind feedback. At Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver it is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel, to ensure you feel comfortable in your home away from home. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms, ambiance, service, and our convenient and central downtown location. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to return, and look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2015

Check in was excellent – quick and friendly.

Room service quick and the won ton soup was fantastic.

Internet was free and quick.

The bed was big and comfortable.

I received an upgrade with balcony and king bed which was nice.

The shower was great and lots of warm water and nice L'occitane products.

TV was very good and there was a nice coffee machine.

Room tip: Upgrade to King room with balcony was nice
2  Thank Seafoodtraveler

Dear Seafoodtraveler,
We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel, to ensure you feel comfortable in your home away from home. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms, L’Occitane amenities, and marble bathrooms. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to return, and look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2015

Great hotel -

Rooms were impeccable. Beautiful fixtures, automated blinds, comfortable bed, free wifi, large closet area, great breakfast included with my stay.

Location was in walking distance of almost everything - Robson St., Stanley Park, the Whitecaps stadium, the art gallery, the water taxi etc.

Only area for improvement could be the service - maid service was inconsistent from night to night (I had to find some room for improvement).

Would definitely stay at another Shangri La (and I am typically not a chain hotel goer)

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Dear Jessica K,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback. I'm very happy that you found our spacious guest rooms and central downtown location to your liking. My sincere apologies for any inconsistencies in housekeeping, please know that I have passed your comments on to the department manage to address. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver again soon.