1,861 results
All reviewschi spamarket by jean georgeslower lobbyalberni streetbathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelnespresso machineone bedroom suitehotel experiencesteam roomfavorite hotelbreakfast was includedvalet parkingturn down servicean upgradefour seasonsheart of downtown
Reviewed July 14, 2018

Rooms were exquisite, concierge had contacts all over town and was extremely accommodating, making dinner reservations and tour arrangements. The restaurant would be worth a visit even if you stay some where else. I would not stay any where else in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Higher is better
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear OldPhatDude,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It is a wonderful feeling knowing you really loved your stay with us. Your kind words of our rooms and restaurant are truly appreciated. I am also delighted to read that you experienced the best our team has to offer, including a concierge team that truly goes above and beyond.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We had stayed in at a Shangri La in Hong Kong many years ago...so when I saw there was one in Vancouver I jumped at the chance to book a room and we were not disappointed. My husband and I were celebrating our 65th together . Everything was perfect. The room was lovely, the service was fantastic at every turn. We had the same wonderful server, Watana, for breakfast each moring. Always making sure we were well taken care if.

Dinner there was a true dining experience. We had the wine pairing dinner and each dish was pure heaven...the presentation, the service and the food could not have been better.

The concierge set up a day tour and was so very informative. She really went out of her way to hear what we were asking for and we had a fabulous day thanks to her on the hop on hop off tour including the unexpected naked bike riders passing us by!

Our last night there was Canada day and the streets were packed. We went downstairs to the concierge and asked if he could get us a cab as all cabs were filled do to the holiday. We were also running late for our dinner reservations. He made a call for us and the cab was there in just a couple of minutes.

Attention to detail made our trip as good as it could have possibly been without us ever asking for it to be that way...it was just...well...perfect! We will be back. Vancouver and this hotel are a very special place. Thank you Shangri La for providing a special birthday for us.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Debbie W,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review about your experience with us.

Such a heartfelt feedback, It is a wonderful feeling knowing you and your husband really loved your stay with us. I am just delighted to read how much you enjoyed our facilities and services impacted your stay to make it an even more memorable experience that we are pleased you have taken away. Moreover, I am very pleased to hear that you received flawless service during your stay, as this is the hallmark hospitality of Shangri-La. Finally, I would like to extend my best wishes to you and your husband for your 65th anniversary.

It will be an honor to welcome you to Shangri-La, Vancouver back soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My corner room was great - small sitting area and a very comfortable bed / bedding. Bathroom was large and well appointed. The only downside is the entrance. The main entrance is below ground and a strange set up. I’d stay here again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Anthony H,

It is with great pleasure that I am discovering your comment. I am delighted to read that you felt comfortable and enjoyed your overall stay thanks to our comfortable rooms. Your compliments are the best motivation for the entire team.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

It seems that in their quest for worldwide expansion, the Shangri-La has let its standards slip. I lived in Asia in the 1980s and 90s and was always in awe of the ‘over the top’ luxury and service levels at the Shangri-La, especially in Bangkok and Hong Kong. When I saw the chance to book a week in the Shangri-La in Vancouver at a good price, I thought this was a great chance to treat my boyfriend to an opulent getaway. While we indeed, had a great trip and - don’t get me wrong - the Shangri-La was a wonderful hotel, it was not up to the level I had expected based on my experience with their Asian locations.

The service was exemplary (except for the instance when the concierge gave us vague directions to a local restaurant that sent us more than 10 blocks out of our way in a driving snowstorm). They even checked 3 times for an item I thought I left behind and in my room that turned up folded in other clothes later. Overall they were helpful and genuinely friendly.

My biggest disappointment was probably our room. By most standards it was a lovely city hotel room. By Shanghai-La standards it was small, tight and very basic. I expected something special and it wasn’t. If you really love a fabulous bathroom, however, you may love these rooms. They clearly spent most of their budget on floor to ceiling Carrara marble, dramatic lighting and electronic gadgets. If they had given as much attention to the room as to the bathroom, it would have been a Shangri-La room.

*PLEASE NOTE* While the Shangri-La building is 62 stories high and may seem to have great views of the spectacular Vancouver surroundings, the hotel is only on the lower 15 floors and the only views you will have is of other city buildings!

Overall we were pleased with the hotel. I had expected it to be a real ‘wow factor’ and highlight of the trip...sadly it wasn’t. It was just the hotel where we stayed while we enjoyed the fabulous city of Vancouver, which was the actual ‘wow factor’ of the trip.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear Richmond C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your experience with us.

I am delighted that among all the memories you have brought from Shangri-La Vancouver, our team and their level of service and care were the highlights of your stay. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Vancouver again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2018

This is a wonderful modern luxury hotel in downtown Vancouver. Big rooms with a combination of modernity and luxury. Awesome bathrooms. Wonderful beds provide excellent sleeping quality. Amazing breakfast selection. Great customer service/friendly staff. It's hard to write a review of a hotel of this quality. There is simply nothing bad to say - only positive.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Gtrotter2008,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent experience with us.

I couldn’t thank you enough for your lovely notes and genuine recognition toward the level of service of our team. Your great comments on all aspects of your stay inspire us to keep improving. Personalized hospitality is our number one priority and I am glad to read that you experienced the best our team has to offer.