“Best Trip”
Review of Benz Tours

Benz Tours
Ranked #21 of 39 Transportation in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Benz Tours specialize in providing the following services: Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler One Day Tours; Vancouver, Whistler, Airport shuttle bus services; Convention shuttles; Corporate travel; School groups; YVR Airport & Cruise ship transfers; Hotel Door to Door Pick up Custom transfers & more!
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

This is my first review on this site, I felt I had to as I genuinely was surprised about how amazing my journey was.

To start out I had to push my pick up back one day, this was not a problem at all, no fuss easy change.

Pickup was quick, I was the only one travelling, the journey was smooth, van was elegant and the driver was extremely courteous and friendly, he told me all about the area and towns, he even stopped to buy me a mint coffee from the area!

I will definitely be using Benz tours again! And I highly recommend them to everyone else!

Date of experience: August 2017
"yvr"
in 7 reviews
"baggage"

Reviewed August 16, 2017

These days, you can almost count on something going wrong with your flight plans. Benz Tours is the only transport company that picks up from Vancouver Airport after 8:00 p.m. and takes you to Whistler. Getting our bags and clearing customs meant that it was 11:00 p.m. before we could get underway. The folks at Benz had our fantastic driver, Gary, wait for us! They're worth every penny you pay for their service, although I do wish that they took credit cards. That said, they're amazingly accommodating so I have zero complaints.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank GregVL
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Bus was booked out so they provided a private vehicle. Driver (Jonathan?) went above and beyond for me - he even let me hotspot off of his phone to check my flight details and make a call as I am an international who is dependant on wifi. Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs to travel between Whistler and the Vancouver airport!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Josi Z
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Great customer service. I booked a 2 pm pickup at Van airport online very easily. I received a message back that the 2pm was full and booked on 4pm. Shortly after was contacted they would keep me in mind if seat opens up and to contact Johnson upon landing. When I landed and contacted him he said they were getting another van for 2pm to take me to Whistler and driver was already at airport waiting for me.
Just out of baggage into van and in a couple hours at my hotel in Whistler. Driver was friendly and efficient. Got through city and to Hwy in no time and quick ride with some tourist directions and advice along the way. Thanks for good communication and special attention to my need to get to my destination.
Jerry

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Wander719767
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We had high hopes for Benz Tours after seeing some of the glowing reviews on here.

However, the shuttle driver arrived close to 2 hours late at Vancouver Airport for our 2pm pickup. We kept calling to try get an update, to which we were told that he was stuck on Lions Gate Bridge (for two hours?!). When the driver eventually arrived he had some elaborate story of some person crashing in front of him. However, we were just glad to be on the way back to Whistler after a long flight.

However, the driver was quite frankly dangerous. To start, he was on his phone for the entire duration of the drive through Vancouver, checking his texts, making phone calls and on Facebook, all of which was completely visible from my seat. He was barely looking at the road and cars in front, and had to slam the brakes on numerous occasions, as he was too busy checking his phone.

Finally we got out of Vancouver and were on the highway. The driver had finally stopped looking at his phone, but this was because he was struggling to stay awake at the wheel. He regularly swerved between lanes, slowing down and speeding up aggressively when he woke with a start. However, even other motorists honking their horns to let him know he was in their lane often did nothing to alert him. Once we reached Squamish, myself and the other passengers were so terrified there was talks of getting out and hitch-hiking the way back.

After a short break in Squamish, where the driver had bought himself a very large coffee after saying how tired he was, we continued on for another 20 minutes which was the only part of the journey when any of us felt remotely safe. However, he soon started to fall asleep at the wheel again, jolting with a start a number of times. I had to talk to him for over 30 minutes to keep him awake, which he told me he had done a lot of trips that day, starting very early in the morning, getting very close to the time he should have legally been driving for.

When we finally arrived to Whistler, he did not really know where he was dropping people off, and we were so scared and sick of the journey, we actually got off on the other side of Whistler to our home. All in all a terrifying experience, and would recommend paying slightly more for one of the other shuttle offerings so that you can arrive in Whistler safe and sound and not spend the whole journey fearing for your life.

Date of experience: June 2017