“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #19 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My 11 month old son and I had a great time staying at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel. The room was immaculate and he could crawl around on the floor without me worrying. The room layout was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and courteous and made us feel welcome. The rooms were very sound proof as well. Thank you for a great visit to Vancouver!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Megan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 March 2012

It's a really nice, clean and up to date hotel with very friendly staff. Location is close to boardwalk and some shops as well as walking distance to skytrain. No issues! Parking is a rip off, so are all other hotels. All day parking lots and garages all around for cheaper.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank chugluvin
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just steps from Vancouver's Playhouse Wine Festival made this hotel a natural choice. Clean modern lines outside and in with very European esthetic. No fussy details but neither empty cold nor harsh/edgy feel. Guest room was functional with nice play of cool and warm colour elements. Hotel is only two years old I believe, so still fresh and unworn. If you are a Coast member I would recommend. Sadly, we are not choosing Coast these days following and experience with their rewards program administrator. Our selection this time was to blowout last points as final hurrah. Front desk staff were so helpful in providing transit and restaurant directions.

Room Tip: Try to get hallway end to avoid noise from passer bys. We were surprised and thought people were ri...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Hugh K
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The hotel is a block away from the seawall walk to Stanley Park, the convention center and the Olympic torch. Urban fare is across the street for fast food or groceries. Starbucks half a block away and Prestons restaurant is in the building. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, more than any hotel I can recall. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Retyred
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The staff were all very friendly in a genuine way without being over the top or like trained robots. Felt valued as a person not just a credit card number. :-)

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank CaptSamme
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Vancouver Coast Harbour Hotel met all my needs. This is the second year I've used them for an annual convention. I stayed Feb 23 and 24, with late checkout granted effortlessy on Friday the 24th. The hotel held my luggage till 10 PM and called me a cab instantly. As a single woman traveler, I appreciated the good service and safe feeling. I had no issues with eating alone in Preston's, and enjoyed the food. The hotel also supplies good toiletries. Complimentary Internet worked just fine for me because I worked at odd hours (jetlag) so connection and speed wasn't an issue. I didn't need to upgrade.

What this hotel doesn't have is pizzazz. By this I mean it's modern, efficient, comfortable, and bland. Old fashioned ambiance and great style can be found elsewhere. But absolutely everything wroked fine here, and it was remarkably good value for my business travel needs.

Room Tip: Last year I had a corner room--floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides was very nice. This year I had...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MaryTeresia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

9 night stay in Vancouver, BC: The Coast Coal Harbor Hotel's location is perfect for access to the convention center/Canada Place and touring options. Our chosen transport from the airport to downtown was taxi for 2 w/luggage @ $40 per trip. (The airport posts $30 but expect to pay a bit more with tip.) There is a huge visitor's info center a few blocks away @ Canada Place. Food courts and restaurants abound nearby. This hotel was perfect for us. It's a completely non smoking hotel. We booked a superior king bed room through Orbits. (That's where we found it!) Our room was spacious, very clean with every amenity we needed. (Everyone is different, like we did not need super fast internet or a mini bar or the like.) We got the room that we booked. (If, like another reviewer, we wanted an upgrade we would have expected to pay more!!!) Access to everything, including the elevators, needs your key! This hotel is securtiy consicious. It was built in 2010 during the Vancouver Olympics. Our room was quiet, with an in room safe, a very, very comfortable bed, it was extremely clean, with a big bathtub, great water pressure, exhaust in bathroom, more than enough very clean soft towels, and every amenity we required. We lacked for nothing. I loved, loved, loved their formulated for Coast Hotels shampoo/conditioner. I have long hair and this is THE best shampoo I have used in 40 years!! It leaves hair clean, shiny and wonderfully easy to manage with little, if any, perfume. Their lotion is supurb too. It's not perfumy and you don't even know you applied it! It just does the job of moisturizing very well all day long. I only wish I could purchase it on the open market. We had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Our superior king was a super value. We didn't see or use any other type.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple