“Great location with friendly and knowable staff”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #19 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Helsinki, Finland
“Great location with friendly and knowable staff”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed this hotel twice for one night at the beginning and end of cruise. The cruise ship arrived to Vancouver at 7am, I was pleased to be able to check-in immediately after arrived to hotel.
Both times everything from check-in to check-out was very pleasant. Staff was helpful and knowable, friendly and fast.
Room was clean and comfortable and bed was just excellent.
Location was great, only short walk to harbour and to shopping area.
If I ever go to Vancouver again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We just returned from a weekend trip to Vancouver and we stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was much better than expected- the habor views are simply amazing - we loved the contemporary décor and everything looked brand new, with windows from floor to ceiling. The front desk was very friendly and helpful.
It’s right in middle of downtown- we walked around town during the day. We also used their pool (outdoor but heated) and Jacuzzi – both very clean and nice, since it was a weekend all the office buildings surrounding the pool were emtpy- so it felt private enough.
Overall we loved our stay at this place and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Harbor view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank cb1010
Ivybridge
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Wonderful start to what has become probably the best holiday of our lives to date.
Our 3 week holiday in Canada could not of had a better place to start from after our flight from the UK.
Right from the moment we arrived on May the 1st this year the staff at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
helped my wife and I feel like True Valued guests.After having checked in and been shown to our lovely airy room on the 13th floor,we immediately took to the streets ,it was clear from the moment we stepped outside the main entrance that 1st afternoon ,just what a fabulous location we were in.Not 10 but 5 Minutes walk from the Majestic Vancouver harbour front and about the same distance from bustling downtown Vancouver.Not only that but we were but a few steps from the amazing hop on hop off tour bus stops.
Our room had a massive king size double bed , our own fully working room temperature control (we often find 4 star hotels to be a little to warm for young fresh air freaks like us) anyway we were very pleased we could bring the heat down and actually open a window to let those cool clean Vancouver breezy gusts through.Initially we were disapointed that there wasn't a sea view as we say in England but we were offered an upgrade,which we decided not to take, but that didn't matter,all the best views were minutes away on foot or a short bus ride away.If truth be told the downtown skyscraper adorned view from our room was a different kind of experience for 2 country bumpkins from glorious South Devon UK .The night lights were spectacular and although we were in a major world city I don't think we heard a single car horn used in anger or for that matter I can't even recall hearing a police siren once in our 3 day stay in the city.The front desk staff and concierge could not have done more to ensure our stay was more pleasureable , every single question they had answers for and room service was exceptionally swift.
Our first night meal at Prestons on the 2nd floor was delicious.
We got the feeling that staff genuinely wanted us to have a nice day or "wonderful evening" .Wherever we went in Canada service providers seemed to have a genuine pride in their home country.The front desk guys were more than happy to arrange taxis sight seeing tours, draw maps and write names of places of interest for us.

Room Tip: Our room 1109 was a great hotel room located on the 13th floor with a downtown non harbour view , ju...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank richard s
P H, Director of Sales at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Such a wonderful write up, and thank you so much for staying with us. We hope you will be back with us again soon! I am happy to let you know that we are also changing some of our menu items in Prestons...so now you have to come back! ;)
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We loved our stay at the Coast Coal Harbor Hotel. Fantastic location across the harbor. There is an Urban Fair market place across the hotel. You are only 5-10 minutes away from Stanley Park. Great staff. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
P H, Director of Sales at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
We can't wait to see you back again! We will try to get the sun to shine for you too! ;)
Saskatoon
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I checked in to the beautiful Coast Coal Harbour Hotel six hours early today. I popped by the hotel hoping to just drop my bags off so I could tour around downtown Vancouver, and had no expectations to be able to check in so early.

I was expecting a terse or grouchy response or having to over-explain myself (based on past experiences with grouchy hotel staff). Not at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel. The staff person at the front desk was completely non-surly, professional and personable.

In terms of room quality and cleanliness: I either have low expectations or I am more realistic than some of the other reviewers on this site. My room was spacious, clean and beautiful with a great view of the ocean front.

Every step along the way (booking to requesting a special service due to dietary restrictions) has been extremely quick and very friendly. I cannot say enough how excited I am to be staying in this hotel for the next week.

If you're waffling on staying at CCHH then I would tell you to stop being ridiculous and just book already.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Wendy M
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly. We do try to accommodate early arrivers to their rooms whenever possible. Sometimes we cannot do it, but we know that settling into your room is a priority to you, so we try to accommodate that whenever possible.

We do hope to see you here again soon.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

During my week long trip to Vancouver I was impressed at the check-in when I was offered an
upgrade for a room with a view. Considering the numerous buildings surrounding the Hotel I was impressed with the room 1414 which had a perfect view. I'm glad I chose to upgrade my room. This is a first class Hotel and the personel was very courteous. I will highly recommend the Hotel to friends who travel to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Room with a view is a must on the upper floors.
1 Thank Tony P
Thank you so much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful view. I hope you have a chance to enjoy our patio at Prestons the next time you are here.
Kirkland, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel is a great spot to stay right downtown Vancouver. It is far worth the money to get the premium room. A few of them even have 18th floor balconies. The hotel is perfectly located, it has great amenities and the staff are all very pleassnt. A good choice for the price.

Room Tip: Room 1802 has an 18th floor balcony with a great view.