New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
St. Helens
“Top of the Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is fantastic - from the arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble for the staff here. This hotel is fairly new and seems to be a trendy place to stay in Vancouver. The decor is clean and fresh, the rooms are lovely (I never thought I would need a TV in my bathroom until staying here) and the conceirge staff were fantastic. My only gripe, and I am being very picky here, is that the music in the lobby of an evening does sound very loud but that is what you get with a custom Italian piano and hard marble surfaces.

I would happily recommend this place and would love to return.

Room Tip: If you join the Fairmont President's Club you may get a free room upgrade and you will get free...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I recently booked a "staycation" in our hometown and selected Fairmont Pacific Rim. We were keen to try this hotel out and as it turned out I conducted numerous meetings there during the week as a lead up to our Friday night repose. Rarely do I feel so compelled to rave about a hotel... This hotel had at every staff transaction and interaction "five star treatment." We were very impressed. While the modern design implies a little chill the staff and general attitude are many degrees warmer than anywhere I've ever stayed. The Fairmont Pacific Rim service was consistently EXCEPTIONAL. While all the staff were "top shelf" one big stand out was STEPH, the front door valet and concierge. She helped ensure we had the best stay possible and really left us feeling great about our choice of hotel. We will return!

3 Thank thirty-something72
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Just having lunch at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in the Lobby Lounge.first impressions are a very modern new property.Second impression is from are greeting by the three model like waitresses, basically cold stairs , no hellos or welcome.Even though the lounge was empty we had to seat ourselves being offered no assistants.

First impression of our waitress was that she could care less about two normal customers.Rather then engage us she was looking blankly around away from us.

Quality of the food was fine but for that kind of money it should be.we were never asked how are meals were, which is a huge thing for me.

All in all very disappointed with the service.Guess you do have to be a Rock star to get decent service & I guess Fairmonts new standard for hiring is young, beautiful & not very friendly.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vanman2012
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Lobby Lounge for your recent lunch experience. We are disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectation. We are continuously working with our service and culinary colleagues to improve the experience of our valued guests. Your experience is unacceptable and we’re following up with both the server and the Manager to ensure that it will not reoccur, especially when we just recently implemented our new, improved and delicious Lobby Lounge Menu for Lunch and Dinner. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss your feedback at rudolf.gimmi@fairmont.com and to join us again soon in the Lobby Lounge. I certainly hope that I can welcome you back to experience the level of service our property has become renowned for in the two years since opening and that goes along with the experience so many of our guests come to enjoy every day.

Rudi Gimmi
Director of Operations
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I attended to a conference in Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel. The design of the room was very model and unique. We love the bathroom as it's very big and bright. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

(review based on 1 out of 6 days of stays)...

Closer to my check-in day @ this hotel, received an email from Fairmont to perform a task akin to 'check-in for an airline'. After completion, I received a confirmation that my room was ready for arrival (prior to me showing up on the property).

when i pulled in the hotel, the bell staff had room keys ready! No hassle. After passing through the grand lobby entrance, i proceeded to visit my room. The only other time i've been spellbounded and happy-as-a-child to see a room has been at the Westin Chayong in
Beijing. I was greeted by fully integrated music and lightning experience in quite a spacious room w/ a gorgeous view. Marbled bathroom w/ integrated TV_in_the_mirror, shower area, well equipped garden tub -- functional and yet appealing to the eye.

At 7am the next morning, I dialed Royal Service to see if my shoes could be polished and delivered in under an hour (usually, overnight request is preferred for this task). Polished shoes were delivered a half hour early, and well wrapped!

Mighty impressive service. I look forward to spending another 5 days at this hotel.

Room Tip: Unless you plan to spend hours together in a room, city view rooms are a better value-for-the-money...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I just spent the weekend in Vancouver for a family function. We stayed in the new Fairmont Pacific Rim downtown by the waterfront. What an amazing hotel with absolute first rate service and ammenities. The hotel upgraded us to a massive suite with two amazing bathrooms that was very state of the art. It had a patio with a gas fire place and you can walk out from the patio to the pool and hot tub which are open year round. We had dinner in the restaurant (Oru) and it was outstanding. The biggest thing that stood out from this weekend was the service at the hotel and the proffesionalism of all the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Not cheap but definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces north.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This was our second stay at the beautiful Pacific Rim. It was a one night get away for my wife and I. Using my PC certiificates I got an upgrade to a suite. It was a one bedroom suite with a view of the harbour and Stanley Park. We were very surprised upon entering the suite to find that it had two bathrooms. The "guest" bathroom off the living room had a shower that was at least 8 feet long - 4 people could have showered in there without touching! The ensuite had another shower, huge soaker tub, double sinks, and the TV in the mirror. (Not to mention the floor to ceiling window).

It has been about 18 months since our last stay and although I still give the hotel an excellent rating, I did notice that the room and hallways did not not seem to be as clean as they were during out last stay. Housekeeping seems to have slipped a bit.

The only other issue that we encountered was loud music coming from either the residences above us or from a night club 20 stories below. It actually started around 11 pm and went to after 2 am. Although we eventually fell asleep, the music did awaken us several times until it stopped.

Other than that another fantastic stay at the most technologically advance hotel that I know of.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the southwest side, especially on the weekends due to noise from surrounding streets.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim again during your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you were able to use your FPC Upgrade certificate and enjoyed your suite! We are sorry to hear there was noise that disrupted your sleep and we are working with the Residences to ensure a prompter resolution in the unlikely event this happens again. We very much value your feedback and are looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future for a relaxing stay!

Rudi Gimmi