Fairmont Pacific Rim
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$217
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$263
Loden Hotel(Vancouver)
US$412
US$396
3,285 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorlobby loungeoru restaurantwillow stream spagiovane cafebmw bikesstanley parkhigh techgold floorcar serviceconvention centercanada placeroom servicebeautiful hotelsoaker tubcorner suitecoal harbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for 1 night en route to Whistler. The hotel is like a modern business hotel but somehow retains a chic feel to it. The rooms are very spacious, spanking clean and new, with a big comfortably sized bathroom. Service was good and professional- valet rushed out to park our car and take our luggage as soon as we pulled into the drive way. People were friendly and helpful and the reception. Location is good- not far from the action of the town, but by the harbour so still quiet and peaceful enough.
Recommended for people who enjoy staying in more spacious rooms and prefer new clean decor.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and I was once again taken aback by the wonderful service provided by Fairmont hotel staff. The minute we dropped of our car rental we were welcomed by staff and handed the keys to our room. The car was whisked away and our luggage was on its way up to the suite. I was fortunate enough to have a suite upgrade left in my profile so we had taken advantage of that and was I glad we did. The Harbor suite has stunning views over the mountains and the water! The bell hop was so pleasant and extremely helpful. The staff were all very helpful during our stay. The lobby bar is very inviting with music playing and a great fireplace. The hotel is quite contemporary which at first made me a little nervous but it is outstanding and they have successfully married contemporary with warm and inviting. Our only regret was the restaurant Oru and that was a big regret but I will save that for another review.
When we left the hotel the car was there in minutes and we were loaded up with maps and water and sent on our way!
Once again, all the fine details really make the Fairmont chain the top of the list for me of exceptional places to stay.
Oh, and the beds.....out of this world. I even asked the receptionist about them at check-out!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is fantastic - from the arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble for the staff here. This hotel is fairly new and seems to be a trendy place to stay in Vancouver. The decor is clean and fresh, the rooms are lovely (I never thought I would need a TV in my bathroom until staying here) and the conceirge staff were fantastic. My only gripe, and I am being very picky here, is that the music in the lobby of an evening does sound very loud but that is what you get with a custom Italian piano and hard marble surfaces.

I would happily recommend this place and would love to return.

Room Tip: If you join the Fairmont President's Club you may get a free room upgrade and you will get free wifi.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I recently booked a "staycation" in our hometown and selected Fairmont Pacific Rim. We were keen to try this hotel out and as it turned out I conducted numerous meetings there during the week as a lead up to our Friday night repose. Rarely do I feel so compelled to rave about a hotel... This hotel had at every staff transaction and interaction "five star treatment." We were very impressed. While the modern design implies a little chill the staff and general attitude are many degrees warmer than anywhere I've ever stayed. The Fairmont Pacific Rim service was consistently EXCEPTIONAL. While all the staff were "top shelf" one big stand out was STEPH, the front door valet and concierge. She helped ensure we had the best stay possible and really left us feeling great about our choice of hotel. We will return!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thirty-something72
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Just having lunch at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in the Lobby Lounge.first impressions are a very modern new property.Second impression is from are greeting by the three model like waitresses, basically cold stairs , no hellos or welcome.Even though the lounge was empty we had to seat ourselves being offered no assistants.

First impression of our waitress was that she could care less about two normal customers.Rather then engage us she was looking blankly around away from us.

Quality of the food was fine but for that kind of money it should be.we were never asked how are meals were, which is a huge thing for me.

All in all very disappointed with the service.Guess you do have to be a Rock star to get decent service & I guess Fairmonts new standard for hiring is young, beautiful & not very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Vanman2012
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Lobby Lounge for your recent lunch experience. We are disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectation. We are continuously working with our service and culinary colleagues to improve the experience of our valued guests. Your experience is unacceptable and we’re following up with both the server and the Manager to ensure that it will not reoccur, especially when we just recently implemented our new, improved and delicious Lobby Lounge Menu for Lunch and Dinner. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss your feedback at rudolf.gimmi@fairmont.com and to join us again soon in the Lobby Lounge. I certainly hope that I can welcome you back to experience the level of service our property has become renowned for in the two years since opening and that goes along with the experience so many of our guests come to enjoy every day.

Rudi Gimmi