“A Must visit in Vancouver!!”
Review of Stanley Park

Stanley Park
Ranked #1 of 370 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: North America's third-largest park draws eight million visitors per year, many of whom may skate or walk past you on the Seawall, a scenic, 5.5-mile path running along the water on the park's perimeter. It's just one of many trails among the park's 1,000 acres, which also house an aquarium, nature center and other recreational facilities.
Reviewed September 10, 2005

I went to the Stanley Park in the morning on 19 June 05 and spent a whole day there. It is the perfect place to escape from city life. There is a lot of greenery. There are also many people cycling, jogging, rollerblading or strolling along the seawall. The beaches and playground are also very popular with families with kids.

Traveling round the park
*********************
I took the free shuttle bus which stop at different popular locations round the park. You can hop in and out at any of these stops. I remembered one of the shuttle bus driver (a lady with plaits) was very friendly and gave a very lively commentary about the attractions of each sight and stop. However, she was the only driver that gave commentary. The rest of the drivers in the other shuttle buses did not give any commentary at all. I really feel that her company should give her a salary raise for her passion in her job. =) I enjoy her commentary so much that I took her last shuttle round the park. The last service is around 6:30pm.

Wildlife
******
The park is home to many wildlife too, ie racoons, hares, squirrels and geese. I took a stroll from the information counter taking the Brockton Point Trial walkway to the totem poles. Along the way I saw this wild black hare, a distance away from me. When I took out my camera to take a picture of it, it hopped towards me. I guess it did not want its picture taken...=( I spotted a racoon at Prospect Point. It loved the camera and would even posed for you to take pictures. =) But, please do not touch or feed these wild animals.

Main Interesting sights
*******************
Vancouver Aquarium- I will write a review of this in its page itself.

Prospect Point- Beautiful view of Lions Gate Bridge and the North/ West Vancouver's mountains with the English Bay.

Girl in a wet suit- This is a statue of a girl sitting on a rock. The amusing thing I find is that the sea birds seems to like this statue very much... see my photo.

Totem Poles- Here you will find besides the totem poles, horde of tourists round the globe young and old, busy posing and taking pictures. What a sight! But, I think it is still worth to come here to appreciate Stanley Park's history, which is home to the First Nations. There is a small area next to the gift shop with explanations of the significance of the totem poles to the First Nations. In front of the totem poles, there are signage explaining the details of each totem poles.

Well, I feel that this park is a must visit for those who come to Vancouver. A very interesting and relaxing park indeed!

36  Thank Gchezmoi
Write a ReviewReviews (23,960)
All reviews
in 2,253 reviews
"cycling"
in 805 reviews

Reviewed September 22, 2004

Just returned from a great time in Vancouver before and after a cruise. Definite visits include Stanley Park, and rent the bike before the park entry on Georgia St. Great bikes and were able to ride around the entire park and all the way down to the cruise terminal. The Park is flat, no need to worry! Spent a great afternoon at Granville Island. The entertainment enjoyable, especially the juggler, very funny. Neat shops, great places to eat. Go with an appetite and plenty of time. The tour to Grouse Mountain and the suspension bridge a great side trip. Victoria and the Ferry a great day trip.

30  Thank msmith
Rugby, warwickshire, England
Reviewed August 12, 2004

we spent time walking through the trees, watching the world go by on the beaches.
found the most glorios smelling rose garden
we will going back on our next canadian adventure, there was lots we just did not get time to explore

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2004

We visited Stanley Park during our trip to Vancouver in May 2004. What a beautiful place! For a great afternoon, rent a bicycle at one of the shops on Georgia St. (we used Spokes- great prices, great bikes, great service!). Ride along the seawall, stop and see the sights (totem poles, etc), cruise the many bike trails- it's the perfect way to see the park!
We'll definitely be back!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member