“Great Service, Beautiful Lobby, Outdated Rooms”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I spent stayed at sutton place 1/21/12 through 1/24/12. The service was friendly and the staff was helpful. The hotel lobby is classic old style elegance and it is very beautiful. I was however quite disapointed with our room. We stayed in a small apartment suite. The carpets were stained, the furniture was dated, paint was chipped, the bathtub caulk was in need of repair, the bed was just okay, and our thermostat didn't work. The room also had a standup in room air conditioning unit which looked very akward.

Maybe I just got a dud of a room but it certainly didn't feel 5 star. 5 star service, 4 star lobby, 3 and half star rooms, that could really use a renovation.

There are newer reviews for Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I took my wife on a surprise birthday trip to Vancouver. I was undecided where to stay so I let Hotwire.com pick for me. I put in their search that I wanted a 5 star hotel downtown for $102/nt. I was given the Sutton Place hotel. I knew nothing about this place but soon found out that I got a great deal!! The hotel's location was perfect right on Burrard & Robson streets (the hub of Vancouver's nightlife). My reservation didn't specify what room type we had so i sent an e-mail to the hotel's reservation dept. asking for a king bed room with a view. I mentioned I was taking my wife on a surprise trip.
When we pulled up to the hotel, We were impressed. Everyone from the doorman to the reception clerk were great. When we checked in, they said we had a king room on the top floor (21st) with a view of Burrard street. They guy who checked us in wished my wife a happy birthday and gave us our keys
. When we opened the door to our room, I knew we scored! It looked brand new and the floor to ceiling window had an awesome view of the city. We went out for a bit and when we came back in, there was a tray with chocolate dipped strawberries and a "Happy Anniversary" message ( they got the wrong occasion, but it was the thought that counted) The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. We had a great 2 night stay. it made our Vancouver experience very special. I would definitley recommend the Sutton Place Hotel.

Room Tip: There is a market and wine/spirits shop just outside of the hotel. Ask for an upper floor overlookin...
Reviewed 10 January 2012

On Burrard Street just off Robson, the Sutton Place has a great location for walking around Vancouver. The rooms are very nice and the staff excellent. They have good deals on line for rooms from time to time. We had bad experience in the restaurant. Only went there because we had a certificate that came with the room. The menu choices were sparse and unattractive and the portions miniscule.

Room Tip: Look for deals on suites in the Grand Residence
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xsteves
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Sutton Place hotel was a great stay! The location at Burrard and Robson makes it super convenient for shopping and eating - lots of great locations around. Service was spot-on from all the staff. The hotel is a bit old but everything was still clean and renovated. Rooms were roomy and beds really comfortable.

I only have 2 complaints - the parking is outrageous (40$ per night), and the hotel charges for internet (20$ per day). I think the hotel would be much better value if they would eliminate or lower some of these charges!

Can definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in downtown Vancouver!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

All the staff from Doorman to Front Desk to Concierge were incredibly helpful and courteous. In one instance I was looking for a specialty men's grooming store that I had heard of in the area as drug stores don't carry the old style razor blades I require for my safety razor. The Doorman very politely directed me to the Concierge, who then looked up all the details of this very specific request. Within a few minutes he had a list of every mens grooming shop in Vancouver on paper for me. I neglected to catch the gentleman's name but it was Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 7:15 pm. Will admit I was staying in a neighboring hotel and was passing by while on my search, but I was never questioned in that regard. As a result I will most definitely be choosing The Sutton Place Hotel for future visits to Vancouver. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed in Sutton Place for 2 days. Our plan was to walk around downtown
Vancouver and location of Sutton Place was very convenient. A block south of Robson and right on Burrand, it is perfect.

We got a 'Premium Room'. Our room was on the 20th floor. It was very clean and had a very comfortable king size bed. I must say this was the most comfortable bed we slept in. They also have a turn down service which was a surprise for me.

We had great help from the concierge service for a few restaurant ideas and where we should go and visit in the few days we had. He was very friendly and took his time to give details about his recommendations.

We took advantage of a deal that was being offered at the time of our stay (40$ credit per day for food/beverage/wifi expenses) and used it for breakfast and dinner. Food was nice but nothing special.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Sutton Place is in the heart of downtown Vancouver next to many good restaurants. The price is very reasonable and the rooms are very clean. It is an older hotel but it has had many upgrades so the hotel is very comfortable. The room sizes are quite nice for a downtown hotel and very comfortable. The service was outstanding. The hotel had very good restaurant tips and everyone we tried was spot on. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this location highly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business