“Great hotel for families.”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Spent spring break at the Four Seasons with our 2 and 5 year old girls. Staff bent over backwards to ensure we had a great time. Kids ate for free at the restaurant. Pint sized bath robes. Gifts (toys) at check in. Indoor / outdoor pool was a huge hit (used it twice daily). Great location. Great service. Well done.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with kids, a suite is well worth the price. We opted for two bathrooms. T...
1  Thank Matt F
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Matt F,

Thank you for taking the time to send your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased your family and you enjoyed our hotel during Spring Break, and that you found it family-friendly. I too have two younger daughters, and I know on family vacations children-friendly hotels are extremely important and sometimes a rare find in city-type hotels. Our little guests are special to us, and I am thrilled to hear that they enjoyed their pint-sized bath robes, children welcome gifts, and the pool facility.

Matt F, thank you once again for your review. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back with your family for many future visits at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great hotel. Nice Rooms. Good views. Great service. Good restaurant. Kid friendly. All at a price that seems great value for money for someone from the US East Coast.

Room Tip: both harbor and city views are very good.

Dear ctyankee20,

Thank you for your sharing your quick note with us on Trip Advisor.

I am so please we were able to provide you with such a positive stay and great value for you and your family. Thank you for your “Room Tip” contribution on Trip Advisor as an ‘insider’s tip’ is invaluable.

Anytime you need to get away from the East Coast, you’ll always have a home with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I do a great deal of travelling setting up art shows in various cities. I spend approximately 2 months of every year in a variety of hotels. The Four Seasons in Vancouver is my favourite. It is an older hotel that is extremely well maintained. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the Concierge service is outstanding - they could not be more accommodating and helpful. Promptness, friendliness and careful attention to detail were characteristic of interaction with staff. L'Occitane products in the rooms is a nice touch. The Yew Restaurant on the Second Floor has a wonderful combination of relaxed atmosphere and delicious, well prepared food. The restaurant staff takes time to inform you of selections and to converse with you. The hotel is strategically located in Downtown Vancouver with a shopping centre located in the same complex. Access to the Hotel is excellent with good valet service. One senses a concerted effort to make one's stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Murray P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with our online community and us.

I am so pleased to read that we have left you with so many positive impressions, and that our hotel is your favorite one in the city! Yes, the L’Occitane en Provence body products are quite nice especially after a long day. Our team at the Concierge is wonderful, and I am please they were able to assist you in all your arrangements. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at YEW Restaurant + Bar. We recently relaunched as a fresh new seafood restaurant concept, and the talent and passion that comes out of YEW just keeps getting better. Location seems to be extremely important to our guests, and I am so happy were you able to utilize this to your advantage.

Thank you for your thoughts. I would be more than delighted to share them with our team as it will help motivate them to do great things. We hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back with us upon the next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We've stayed here a number of times over the past 10 years. The property has undergone some much needed updating, and the location is fantastic with direct access to the shopping mall. The indoor outdoor pool is another plus, as is the generally well trained and helpful staff. This is an expensive choice of hotel, but for all the reasons stated above it remains a pretty safe bet. (Hint for parents - if you ask nicely they will provide you with mini robes for your kids!)

Room Tip: The higher floor the better for views and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear lovetospend,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, and for your continued loyalty over the past 10 years.

I am so pleased to read that our efforts in keeping a fresh competitive hotel product are being recognized. As a first generation Four Seasons, we value the positive feedback regarding our renovations.

I am delighted that you found our location to be most convenient with the respects to our property being connected to Pacific Centre Mall. It sure does make Christmas shopping in December so much easier!

I would also like to thank you for your “Room Tip” contribution on Trip Advisor as an ‘insider’s tip’ is invaluable.

Lovetospend, once again thank you so much for your comments. We hope to welcome your family and you back to the property again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is definitely older than what I like normally, but everything is in really good condition and the room/bathrooms are clean. I've stayed here several times before and it has been consistently clean and comfortable. The staff of course is top notch - these are people that are very professional and caring/kind without coming across fake. This time, I was close to checking out Rosewood Hotel Georgia, but in the end decided to go with what I know - great service and consistency. I love the L'Occitane products and love that they provide real q-tips, not the fake q-tips w/not much swab at the ends.

Seems like every time I stay here though, I always get the same view and maybe same room. The 'city view' I get is of some sort of not pretty roof top, so maybe ask for a decent view even though they say you are getting a 'city view.' The location of the hotel is excellent for any downtown shopping, and any other area in Vancouver is only a short cab trip away.

It is small pet friendly and treat our dog very well. Upon arrival they always have a big doggie bed ready for him, along with biscuits and a fiji water! He appreciates it greatly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Dubupak,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor, and for your continued support at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased to read that you think our colleagues is top notched – I agree! You know it is their unwavering dedication to hospitality that is truly the backbone of our business. Without their efforts we would not have the reputation we do today. I will be pleased to share your note with them.

I am delighted to learn that you appreciate the little touches we do in our rooms, such as the q-tips and the in L’Occitane en Provence body products – small things, but big impact.

Dubupak, thank you once again for your candid note. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back with your dog for future visits – we’ll keep the Fiji slightly chilled.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week. Old property not up to Four Seasons standards, especially compared to Four Seasons Seattle which was impeccable. Room was ok, bathroom nothing special. My wife saw a mouse in the kids game room and brought it to the attention of the staff. They called in an "engineer" who set up a trap. Not something you want to experience at any price much less 360 CAD per night. The one positive was an indoor pool which was nice. Next time we will stay someplace else. My first bad experience with Four Seasons brand.

1  Thank Jason M
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I am terribly disappointed that your visit was less than acceptable and that you have left with a poor impression of us.

We have attempted to reach out to you through telephone, but unfortunately we have so far been unsuccessful.

Mice are certainly not a norm here nor was our immediate response appropriate. Please rest assured that we have taken corrective action in preventing any future reoccurrences. Thank you for you feedback as it enables us to learn about how we can be better in the future. Our efforts are usually extremely well received by our clients from product to service experiences. Obviously in your case we fell far from our mark.

Please rest assured that we will work diligently at improving the overall guest experience and hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons hotel for 3 nights before a trip to Sun Peaks skiing. The hotel is excellently located in down town Vancouver, with direct access to a shopping mall and the Canada Line (train) which goes to the airport.
We were upgraded to a Deluxe Preffered-View Room, which had stunning views of the sunset when we arrived. The room was very spacious, which a very large and comfortable bed, gorgeous bathroom and bath robes I struggled to get out of! Housekeeping were very efficient and helpful, as were all the staff.
The pool and whirlpool were lovely, and the gym equipment looked good (we didn't pack gym clothes!) with coffee and/or flavoured water served available. The business suite provided free internet access and a great printer, which we used to print our boarding passes for our next flight.
All in all we had a great experience and were very happy with our stay - if we have the opportunity to visit Vancouver again we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Chloe S,

Thank you for such a glowing review!

I am delighted to read that we were able to ‘get you right’ on so many levels, which created a positive guest experience. It is comments like these that will inspire our colleagues to continue to deliver a consistent level of high service and go above and beyond for all our guests. I am also please to have learned that you enjoyed the convenience of our location in relations to Pacific Centre Mall and the Canada Rapid Transit Line to Vancouver International Airport. I am also thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary business center for internet use and printing.

Believe it or not, we are prepared for moments when our guests forget to pack gym wear and want to use our fitness facility. I am pleased to share with you that we do offer a supply of men’s and women’s workout wear.

Thank you for posting several guest room photos on Trip Advisor. I know our online community and us appreciate your contribution.

It was a delight having you with us, and hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back for future stays.