“Unfortunately, less than I expected...”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately, less than I expected...”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in March 2012 and unfortunately it wasn't as nice as I had expected.
The carpet in my room was covered in dog hairs (golden retriever by the looks of it)! I am a dog lover, but having blonde hairs all over my suitcase and boots was not what I was expecting.
The gym and pool were nice but both very small.
Room was rather basic, although the toiletries were nice.
Wifi was quite pricey.
On the plus side, breakfast was excellent and the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear silvervexcebo,

Thank you for sharing your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction with the dog hair found in your room. I wanted to assure you that this was an isolated incident and we have shared the feedback with the team to avoid any further occurrence. We know that internet is a necessity to not only do business but to keep in touch with friends and a family. As such, we are working on an initiative to offer complimentary internet in our lobby, restaurants and bar. The one hour complimentary access we currently offer is in place temporarily until the full service is in effect. Thank you once again for your time. I sincerely hope you can forgive us for this and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at michael.farquharson@westin.com.

Best Regards,
Michael Farquharson
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at a few Westins this month as I have been traveling a fair bit. The Bayshore has the standard Westin amenities, however I think it stands out over the others.

The property is right down in Coal Harbour, and I enjoyed the view from my room, of the outdoor pool, harbour and Stanley Park. Quite lovely.

I have never had 'bad' service at a Westin, but the service here was even better than I am accustomed to. From the concierge, the front desk staff, to the staff in the hallways and room service, I am hard pressed to remember a time I have gotten better service at Any hotel in my travels.

The pool and workout facilities were great, and of course the awesome heavenly beds keep me coming back, I find them very comfortable and they make for a good nights sleep. Nice to have the heavenly baths as well, complete with robes.

I definitely recommend the Bayshore for vacationers and business travelers alike. I only wish I had known I was able to get a shuttle for free within 5 miles of the hotel, I chose to drive instead and had to pay the over $40 fee for parking, when I could have left my car at my sisters place a few miles away. Live and learn I guess!

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tanya1111
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel has almost every traveler just needs: a nice view, clean rooms, and a perfect location. I cannot say anything about the food this hotel offers, since I had every meal in other places. The only negative or disappointed experience with this hotel was the parking garage, although it is located in front of the hotel it does not have an elevator, hence if your is parked in lower levels then you will have to walk a long way.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with bay and mountains view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I visit Vancouver several times per year on business and have never enjoyed the city as much as I did staying here. The view of the harbor and mountains from my room was spectacular. The balcony door opened and I had fresh air instead of the air/heat system running. The staff was exceptional and friendly. One of my nights I returned very late (about 11:30pm) without having had dinner. The bartender and manager served me a beer at last call along with snacks for dinner. These gentleman along with a waiter stayed and talked hockey for an hour--such a pleasant way to end a day.
My wife and I were considering a vacation trip to Vancouver this fall. After staying here I know we will be visiting and I know exactly where to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed for one night and two days at a conference. Love this hotel. Service was outstanding, rooms were very comfortable.

Location:
Perfect right on the water. Great for morning runs/walks or a stroll for dinner

Rooms:
Bed are heavenly. Love the white tea scent

Restaurant:
Food is a bit pricey but very good

Pub:
Fun place for an end of day recap

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had a nice stay here, although we only spent 1 night. We arrived about 11pm and the girl working the front desk was really friendly. She said she had a great corner room with views of the harbor so we took that.

The room was your typical Westin, we had one with 2 double beds as they didn't have one with as good of a view with a single king. There was a little sitting area, a separated entry way and a decent size bathroom.

We ordered room service once we got to the room and despite $20 for a pizza, were were impressed with the size and it was pretty good. It arrived quickly, about 20 minutes after ordering.

The views from the room were lovely and having the patio door open could allow you to even hear the waves.

As far as location, it worked fine for us. We picked up our car in the morning and drove to breakfast, chinatown and Granville island.

Room Tip: As for a corner room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My classmates and I stayed at the Westin Bayshore for the 2012 Vancouver business career expo in March. Our experience was absolutely perfect from the second we arrived. The hotel was able to offer all 14 of us early check in (for 7 different rooms). We were also given complimentary Wi-Fi for our rooms, although I wasn’t sure if the person who had booked our rooms arranged this. Our room was gorgeous and the view of the water was amazing- three of us currently have pictures of the view as our computer desktop photos!

The bed was the best I've ever slept in. I had the most amazing sleep of my life, despite the fact that both my roommates were snoring. I actually took the Westin Home collection catalogue (sorry!) and am seriously considering saving up to buy the California king sized bed set. The hotel staff was polite and very friendly, at least three different employees greeted us each time we entered the hotel throughout our 3-day stay. I also lost my key during one of our nights out & the woman at the front desk around 3am was so sweet about it. A classmate also needed some résumés printed out and stated that he sent them to the front desk, went to the bathroom to brush his teeth & when he came out the document had already been slid under the door. Amazing service.

The hotel has everything you could want: a Starbucks, an ATM, valet parking, a great gym, two pools & a sick hot tub. Our rooms were located in the tower and I thought the décor and furnishings were very modern, the only area that looked a little older was the hallway on our room’s floor. Not an issue at all though, the hotel, service & bed was amazing & I can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view in the Tower.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank beyoncebeytwice
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear beyoncebeytwice,

Thank you for sharing your great review! We’re delighted to know that your room and view was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays to come!

Stay well,