“Fabulous stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Amazing service, beautiful clean rooms and ours even had an incredible water view.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have stayed at the Westin Grand a few times now and it has always been a good stay. The rooms have "mini-kitchens" so you have a micro-wave, toaster, dishes, dishwasher, sink, small fridge and coffeemaker. Ideal when you have kids b/c you can make up breakfast or lunch before you head out. We have always made good use of the pool and hot tub too. Decent sized pool for swimming laps - and my kids have braved it in the rains of March saying the water was really nice! The workout facility is large and open with floor to ceiling windows to outside pool deck area. My husband said the steam room was the best one he has ever been in (nice and hot and steamy). The bathrooms are always very clean and all the rooms we have had come with both a big bath tub and a separate large shower. It is a 5-10 minute walk to Science World and we walk down to the Aquarium down Robson St and onto the seawall in 30-45 minutes. And it has been excellent every time we have stayed there!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pintobat
mitcfaw, Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear pintobat,

We are delighted to have welcomed you and your family back to the hotel, and thank you for sharing your review! We're glad to see that we're able to provide such an excellent fit for your needs during your time in Vancouver. We look forward to your next visit!

Stay well,
The Westin Grand Guest Experience Team
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Cleanliness, service and great staff you expect from the Westin. Nice area to walk about - close to restaurants shopping and sites.
My first choice in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Join SPG club for points.
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent an enjoyable week at the Westin in a 2-room suite on the 28th floor. All the staff we encountered where helpful and positive. Concierge Lisa had loads of ideas. Several times we used room service for breakfast and dinner. The service was quick. But keep this in mind: there is a multi-choice breakfast request menu to hang outside the door. It has to be hung before 3am (I think that is correct). And you can select a time period for its arrival. On the hang on the door menu “Hidden Breakfast” meal includes milk and choice of tea or coffee. BUT, if you call down to room service from the in-room dining guide and verbally order the same “Hidden Breakfast” by phone, you will charged extra for milk($4) and charged extra for the tea or coffee($4) !!! I didn’t think that was fair but the desk clerk was firm. The inside bathroom door has a full length mirror which is great for getting ready in the morning. But whenever you are sitting on the commode---there you are in the mirror. I found that somewhat disconcerting. Right next to the hotel is a Tim Hortons coffee/donut shop and next to that is a large grocery store.

Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stopped off here briefly and were most satisfied with the high standards we found which we would expect from such a chain. our room was clean, airy and fresh with a well equipped kitchenette and as the room was very high up we had great views so worth asking for. most impressed

• Stayed August 2011
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Westin Grand Vancouver is located on 433 Robson Street which is in the heart of the city's entertainment and shopping district. Upon arriving, I was greeted by and exceptionally professional and friendly staff who gave me the best room available as I requested. The evidence of it was in the room as I had a high floor with a breathtaking view of Library Square, BC Place and a beautiful skyline including mountains. My room was very clean and the bathroom amenities were of high quality. I really loved the leaf-shaped soap. In addition, the bathroom had a separate shower and tub which I thought was a plus. The shower was equipped with dual shower heads to accommodate various heights of guests.

Other accessories included a mini-kitchenette including refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. And if you don't mind paying the ungodly prices for the convenience snack and drink products in the room's bar, they had more to choose from than I had seen in any hotel. The items ranged from a Kit Kat bar, juices, and soft drinks, to a variety of mini-bottled alcoholic beverages to large bottles of wine etc. There are however, two complimentary bottles of water, and two bottles of ungodly priced water. One bottle was $7 and it was maybe only 1 liter max. Maybe it has special healing powers or age reducing ingredients. If you're on a budget, just drink the tap water. It tasted great and was very cold. The bed in extremely comfortable and I slept like a baby every night.

As it was my first time in Vancouver, I needed to find something to do. No worries, just head down to the ground floor and meet the kindest and most attentive concierge in the world. Not sure if I can mention names here but you will know who she is once you meet her. She knows the town like the back of here hand and will provide you with excellent tips on things to do and places to visit as well as give you very simple and detailed directions. She also recommended some great restaurants based on my preferences. She didn't steer me wrong. On the first day I toured the seawall (12 mile walk), on the second, I visited Granville Island and visited a dance club on Richards St; and on the last day, I visited Gastown to do some souvenir shopping as well as took a road trip across Lions Gate Bridge to visit West and North Vancouver. Needless to say, I had a great time and it was largely in part to her guidance. She is simply awesome!

Overall, my stay was excellent. However, I did have a small plumbing issue... the water in my toilet overflowed. Had I realized it in time, I could have stopped it before if happened but I did observe it before the water spread to the exterior of the bath floor. I called express service desk and the issue was resolved right away and didn't reoccur.

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return largely in part to the wonderful staff. No matter how nice a building is, it is the staff that dictates the atmosphere. With that said, I am thankful to the front desk, concierge, maintenance, and housekeeping staff for making my first stay from 15-18 March in Vancouver a most pleasant one. :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Pardice,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind and detailed review. We are absolutely thrilled to have been able to provide such a memorable stay for you. We have shared your comments with our entire team, and we are looking forward to making your next stay even more memorable!

Stay well,
The Westin Grand Guest Experience Team
Niagara region
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I was so impressed by this hotel. Despite being in downtown Vancouver, I didn't hear any street noise (I did request a quiet part of the hotel in advance). You are only a few blocks from the skytrain which can take you to the airport and there's a grocery store across the street plus tons of restaurants nearby. The room was very comfortable and spacious plus excellent staff. Everyone smiled and was polite and efficient. I think I am a convert to the Westin chain. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet part of the hotel away from the street noise.