“Excellent hotel downtown”

Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This property is typical Relais & Chateau. Physical property is excellent; staff is wonderful. Room was exceptional. Downtown location is almost perfect and every room has a roomy balcony overlooking the park.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Wesley S

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The Wedgewood more than lived up to the reputation enjoyed by Relais and Chateaux! The staff was very friendly and efficient, our suite was gorgeous and hotel bar was one of our all-time favorites!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank CKevitch
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Having accompanied relatives during their chaotic check-in at the Sheraton, it was a wonderfully civilized contrast to return to the warmth and serenity of the Wedgewood. My wife and I spent four restful nights in an eighth-floor room with a small balcony overlooking Hornby Street. The room was thoughtfully appointed, including separately-switched overhead reading lights, two comfortable chairs and, to our surprise, a large triangular bathtub in one corner. The bath itself had a spacious stall shower. The staff was very helpful and professional. The first evening, we were a bit put off by the amplified pianist/vocalist in the lounge, so the host offered us a perfect small table at the far end of the dining room where we could drink and talk in peace.
The hotel location is very convenient, too, as noted by other reviewers.

Room Tip: We booked an executive king and were very pleased.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank roadready75
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Wedgewood is a mrvelous little hotel set squarely in the heart of the city, very near to the Robson corridor. There is a magnificent bookstore a block away, the subway is very convenient, and it's a short walk either down to the waterfront or into the business district. If you're sick of the typical corporate barracks that are called luxury hotels, then stay at this warm and welcoming place. And have a nice breakfast in the bar in the morning, and a nightcap before you turn in.

Room Tip: Skip the suites if you're traveling for business--the standard rooms feel bigger and seem to hav...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank coolbreezewingtips
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here for one night - had a pleasant experience with no cause for complaint. The hotel is perhaps a little dated but not worn or dirty. The staff are excellent - no waiting for bags to be collected or to be escorted to our room. The room was large, with a small side bar and large, comfy bed. Unfortunately our room didn't have much of a view but i really didn't mind.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for those people who want to stay in Downtown vancouver on vacation or business. The location is superb. It is not a hotel for couples per se, although I did only have the basic room so perhaps check out other reviews as there may be a more romantic option.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Traveller-X-2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Wedgewood has a wonderful lobby that feels much like the front room of a lovely house. The staff has a warm and polite manner. We had a junior suite room. It was a nice amount of space and the location of the hotel is perfect for downtown access. The restaurant is very tasty both for evening dinners and especially for breakfast. The beds are amazingly comfortable!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank SARAHSEN
Reviewed 1 May 2012

In reading the reviews I initially thought this hotel might be too 'stuffy' which is what I think of when I see the word boutique. I took a chance and it paid off.
The cookies at night are a nice touch. At first. By the end of my stay they were an addiction. One night I thought I had missed the 'cookie run'. Trying to hide my anxiety I made a phone call to the front desk asking if there was any way I could get some cookies brought up. Turns out they hadn't been delivered yet so all was right in the world.
The particulars: Downtown Vancouver is a happenin place in the summer at night. I sat on the balcony overlooking Robson Square on the 10th floor and was surprised by all the party noise. Noise is an issue for me (see other review) and I didn't think I'd get any sleep because of the sliding glasss door that overlooked the street. Not the case. It was as though the room was hermetically sealed once I slid that door shut. Centrally located, in walking distance to everything. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. I used the jacuzzi in the room and it was fantastic. After walking 10 miles/day I bought some epsom salt, turned on soft music and just relaxed as I replayed the day in my head. The front desk is very helpful in suggesting places to eat, see, etc. I never felt like I was a bother. My only complaint is that I fell in love with the pillar candle holder in the lobby and can't find one like it. Sheldon??? : ) I think my obsession with it was a form of channeling the great time I had in Vancouver into something tangible.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo