“MASSAGE AT THE ST. REGIS HOTEL!!!”
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 19 October 2009

It was my privilege to be the second guest to make use of the new massage services within the St. Regis Hotel in Vancouver, BC. Upon the completion of my massage, the hotel manager was anxiously awaiting my feedback. I could only say "fantastic" as I was far too relaxed for more words! The music was not to my taste, however, Mr. Roncoroni assured me that was being dealt with and he even suggested they would set up the system whereby each guest could bring in their own IPod or MP3 player. Their therapist, Mishal, was exceptional and I felt like a new person when I left the room! The fact that this service is also available to non hotel guests is fantastic And, at $60.00 per hour ....unbelievable!!! What a wonderful hotel, a great location and delightfully helpful staff! Thank you, St. Regis!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,602)

Reviewed 18 October 2009

There is not too much to say that has not already been said, but I can simply add to the praise for this fabulous hotel! All the staff seemed proud of the establishment, happy, and eager to help. The location cannot be beat - only one block from the Canada Line train that takes you directly to the airport, and within walking distance to pretty much anything you could want. It is modern, elegant, and little things like complimentary bottled water, chocolate on your pillow, seem unimportant, but it just goes to show that the St. Regis is not looking to cut any corners. We absolutely loved our experience and will definitely be back, however, just would like to warn that this hotel may not be for everyone. Because it is a heritage hotel, the rooms are fairly small (although excellently laid out) and there is quite a bit of street noise and hallway noise. This did not bother us in the slightest, and most of the street noise was just in the morning when traffic got busy...but it is something to keep in mind if that is a concern for you.
Additionally, I had noticed that some earlier reviews had criticized the complimentary breakfast provided - but there is simply nothing to complain about in this regard! The breakfast lounge is a lovely room, with plenty of tables, attentive staff that are always replenishing items and checking to make sure everything is okay. There was a good selection of cold breakfast items, pastries, etc. and eggs/potatoes/bacon,ham, or sausage are provided cooked to order once you are seated at the table - a fantastic value!!
In short, the St.Regis certainly does deliver above and beyond!

Reviewed 13 October 2009

Friendly helpful staff made our stay absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

I don't think I can say anything different than what has already been said here - this is a great hotel. When I called to make the reservation, they asked if we were coming for any special occasion, and I mentioned that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. When we got to our room, there was a little box of chocolates and a hand written note from the manager welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary. Not a big thing, but it's the little touches that sets this hotel apart. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, welcoming and more than helpful. The rooms are well appointed, clean and tastefully decorated. There is nothing I can think of to fault this hotel on. I will be back!

Reviewed 12 October 2009

The St. Regis is ideally situated for sight seeing in Vancouver, business in the center city, great access to Sky Train and bus transit and easy access to Stanley Park and the waterfront district. The hotel is very nicely renovated and appointed with clean lines and many tasteful touches. The rooms have a modern European feel, small but spacious enough, good closet space and very nice bathroom/shower. Free internet access, a lobby media room and fantastic full breakfast in the downstairs dining area. The St. Regis pub is popular with locals and toursists alike (VERY popular on hockey nights). The thing that really sets the St. Regis apart is the staff - young, friendly and above all helpful. They know Vancouver, and are able to assist and recommend to the travelers' taste. Next time we're in Vancouver, we will be back to St. Regis.

Reviewed 11 October 2009

I booked my Vancouver stay with St Regis after reading the reviews here. My cruise ended in Vancouver so I decided to spend a couple of nights in the city before I continued with the rest of my holiday. I am so pleased I did. The hotel was wonderful. The staff were very accomodating and it was essentially "service with a smile" all throughout my stay. Benjamin from the front desk showed me a map and told me which places are good to go to, which places to avoid and was very informative.

The hotel location was perfect. Very central and only a few minutes walk from Robson Street and the Vancouver Art Gallery.

A number of reviewers warned about the noise from the streets below. Apart from a couple of unusually loud road noises, our stay was very relaxing.

Our room was very tastefully decorated and the big bathroom was a bonus after a week on a cruise ship :) The beds were very comfortable and it was nice to get a bottle of water daily.

The ice machines were located in a separate room on floors 2 and 4 and were accessible with the room key. There are also soda and snack machines next to it if I needed to satisfy my cravings.

I did not have the complimentary breakfast although my mom thought it was very nice and good value.

As I did not bring my laptop to take advantage of the free WiFi, I used the PCs with complimentary internet access on the ground level.

When I next visit Vancouver, I would happily stay at the St Regis again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tuktuujaartuq
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Excellent rooms, staff, and food. The staff is friendly, courteous and well versed in the vast aray of options in the area. The adjoining St. Regis Grill has wonderful food and friendly staff. The hotel is immaculate and is beautifully decorated. The central location is an easy walk to downtown attractions. A must stay for any traveler.