“A stay to remember”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Bee & Thistle Guest House
Ranked #3 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This charming and beautiful house is located right in a district with wonderful restaurants, coffeeshops, small boutiques in walking distance. We had a beautiful view of the mountains and the city. The room was VERY nice with it's own full bath. Well equipped with a refer full of drinks and snacks. Bed and bedding very nice.
The breakfasts was a culinary experience with excellent food and fresh fruit and fresh made juices. Plenty to eat (we even saved some pastries for the afternoon because it was so much) both for me a vegetarian and my husband non-vegetarian. Meals to remember!
The hosts made us feel like we were part of the family. We felt pampered!

2  Thank Birgitta B

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I just had the most wonderful stay at the Bee and Thistle. It was cozy, beautiful, warm, and the breakfasts divine. It is by far the best place I've stayed in a long time and I'd go back in a second. Lynn and Michael were so hospitable and the care they took with me was unmatched. Homemade cookies on my pillow, luxurious bedding, foot scrub, flowers, fireplaces, and the best food I've had for breakfast anywhere! If you're headed to Vancouver, this is the place to stay. The price is fine and a couple of blocks' walk to Commercial brings you to lots of cool shops and eateries. (Lynn and Michael are reviewing those restaurants themselves for their guests!)
And they opened their door to a few business associates who met me for one of Lynn's rich breakfasts so that I could roll out of bed and entertain instantly. And gorgeous presentation.
Risa Garcia of LA

Room Tip: All great. I stayed in the Loft which was hard to leave!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FRBG
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This bed and breakfast was just what I wanted. Usually we like to stay in a nicer hotel in the city, but we were looking for a cozy nook to spend our anniversary. This place was just as I was hoping it would be based from reviews and their helpful website. We stayed in the Florence room, which was tucked at the back of the house, but we didn't mind that our window looked out on the garden when we could cuddle up with a fireplace, the most comfy bed of all and a couple of homemade cookies that Lynn left on the bed each day.

Lynn is extraordinary in the kitchen. We were so stuffed each morning that we really didn't eat for the rest of the day. The snacks they leave for you in your room will be all you need. And if the need for food does arise, you'll find plenty to choose from just a block away.

The bathroom in our room was fantastic, with the deepest tub I've ever seen. And clean! Not a stray hair or bit of mildew to be seen! The little extras make this place stand out, like the heated tile floors, the stash of magazines to read, plenty of beverages for your choosing, and netbook in your room.

Lynn and Micheal are kind and friendly and respectful. They will sit down and chat with you, and are very enjoyable company. Don't hesitate, any traveller would benefit to stay here.

5  Thank shalisat
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Bee & Thistle while visiting our newborn niece and her parents. The location was perfect for us, as they live in the same neighborhood as the B&B, and it is located very near Commercial Drive, which has almost everything you could possibly need including great stores and restaurants. We were also attracted to the Bee & Thistle by the excellent reviews on this site. We didn't realize how amazing the place was until we got there. The B&B is located in a very elegant old house that has been completely renovated by the owners, Lynn and Michael. The decor is gorgeous, with hardwood floors, original moldings, a mix of contemporary and antique furniture, and tasteful art. The ground floor has a lovely living room with comfortable chairs and a huge fireplace, as well as a dining room with separate dining tables. The second floor has three rooms and a balcony with a gorgeous view of the mountains. The third floor comprises a large room called the Lion's Loft, which we stayed in. All the rooms are well appointed with beautiful furniture, comfortable beds, and typically a fireplace. Our room also had a kitchen, a sitting area near the fireplace, an eating area, a desk, a dressing table, a walk-in closet, and a juliette balcony with a stunning view of the mountains and the city skyline. We loved sitting by the fireplace reading and enjoying the view. The washroom was also wonderful with a gorgeous clawfoot tub, all glass shower, antique dresser repurposed as a vanity, and luxurious heated floors. Lynn and Michael were such gracious hosts. We opted for a no-breakfast rate since they were going away overnight on New Year's eve, so we didn't get to try the amazing breakfasts everyone raves about. However, Lynn and Michael left us with homemade cranberry hazelnut granola, milk, cream, yogurt, fresh fruit juices, fruits, and homemade desserts and snacks - all delicious! We were so impressed and felt so well taken care of. Our only regret is not having had the opportunity to get to know Lynn and Michael even better. We will definitely be staying here again on our next visit to Vancouver!

3  Thank canuck_wanderlust
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We loved this place and will book it again when we go back!!!

My Husband and I stayed here last weekend (Nov 25-28) for three nights. We were in Vancouver to see the Grey cup and do some hikes etc.

This Bed and breakfast is perfect; the host are so nice and very knowledgeable of the large Vancouver area. We stayed in the "Molly" room, it had a queen bed, desk, a couple chairs, fireplace and fridge, and it was nice and cozy. The bathroom was like being at a spa, a nice rain shower, beautiful tiles on the floor/walls and heated floor tiles:)

When we first walked into our room we had cookies on our bed. There was also a printed paper with a welcome message to us along with the next days Menu for breakfast. Such a cute personal touch!

I read the reviews prior to booking this B&B and heard the food was so yummy so I wanted to see for myself. Well the food was delicious as I read. I'm on a wheat free diet and the hosts were more then happy to accommodate my needs, I didn’t miss out on any of the food:) All the food was on cute white plates and had so many details. One morning we had muffins with butter in the shape of a butterfly, along with two crepes that were so good. The breakfasts are so filling that you don’t really have to anything else until dinner time. (I took my muffin to eat later on in the afternoons because I can't eat too much at once. They have little bags for you to do so)

This B&B is also near Commercial Drive, lots of shops and restaurants, just a five min walk down Parker. It’s also just a 15 minute walk to the sky train which can take you downtown in ten minute.

We definitely loved this place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cozy at home feeling instead of a chain hotel:)

Thanks Bee & Thistle Guest House we hope to be back soon!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are all renovated into beatufil suites. The only tip I would give if you love taking...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marangocamaron
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed 4 nights in Florence's room and friends stayed in Ivy's room. Both were spectacular with plenty of room and luxurious touches such as heated floors and extremely comfortable beds. Breakfasts were incredible. Their presentation was so amazing they were almost too good to eat. However, they tasted even better than they looked. Lynn is an incredible cook with a fantastic ability to mix flavors and create one of a kind meals.

However, the best part of staying here is Michael and Lynn treat you like family. They made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived and were always ready with suggestions for things to do or local restaurants. They really know their city and they certainly know how to run a superb B&B. But most importantly, they know how to make guests feel like family without being intrusive. We are glad to have met them and can not wait to return.

Room Tip: We saw 3 of the 4 rooms and all are spectacular. Each has it's own special character and the Bee...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerry5162
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here for two nights and had a great time. The breakfast is absolutely perfect, it was hard not to over eat, but taking the muffin with you for lunch will solve that problem.

The room was clean with a small but convenient ensuite. We had a fridge in our room which was a bit noisy at night. All in all this place is not cheap but definitely worth its money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple