1,949 results
All reviews free bikes retro style central courtyard free amenities retro feel great location funky hotel fun hotel free bottled water nespresso machine paul's hospital downtown vancouver north america burrard st stanley park air conditioning rooms are small
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Our room was small, but comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We were able to leave our checked-in baggage at the hotel with no charge. It was conveniently situated, withing walking distance, to restaurants and a lovely bakery. We walked back to the hotel late at night and felt very safe.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Not a good value. I would not stay again. The mattress was terrible and the A4 size sink in the bathroom was a joke. I understand the hip factor and the location is admittedly convenient, but more comfortable rooms exist for similar rate not too far away.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I travel quite a lot and never bother writing reviews of hotels but this experience warrants a review. There was some stuff of mine thrown away by housekeeping and I just wanted to ensure that it didn't happen again so I requested to speak to the housekeeping supervisor . I would have spoken to the staff myself but I had no idea who to speak to as you have different people cleaning the rooms everyday in hotels. Instead, the GM called me and I clearly mentioned that I didn't want anyone getting in trouble and just wanted to ensure only the trash in the bins would be taken out.

The day after that one of the housekeeping ladies was standing outside my room and said something like "I don't like to be blamed for what I didn't do. I didn't throw away the food." I literally could not believe my ears; she continued "you spoke to the housekeeping supervisor, Claudia, she told me you complained.” She looked extremely offended and despite having done nothing of that sort I found myself on the defensive. She seemed pacified when I told her exactly what happened but her tone and the whole confrontation, in general was extremely discomfitting and completely unnecessary .I had no idea how I had managed to get sucked into all this drama and unpleasantness but I knew one thing for sure: this was not normal. It is extremely inappropriate and disrespectful of hotel staff to stop guests, question them accusingly and make them feel like they owe them explanations. Clearly, some serious training is required. I do, however, appreciate the efforts of Darren who was quite professional and helpful but unfortunately, a business comprises more than one person and this incident ruined my entire day and marred my entire experience of the hotel.
Apart from this, I had requested late checkout and I got an extra hour but apparently housekeeping had a problem problem with that too and tried to rush me out before I informed the woman calling me that my request had been approved. Needless, to say she did not seem pleased. Serves me right for opting for a 3 star hotel although the price would have you thinking otherwise.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank suhaana
Reviewed August 8, 2018

I really wanted to like this place. I don't particularly like chain hotels and prefer to stay in places that aren't cookie-cutter. This hotel was different. Rooms were quite spacious. Nice touches were the free water and the small bag of candy left on the bed the first night. First problem was that the bathroom sinks were about the size of an airplane sink - tiny! The biggest problem however was that the rooms did not have central AC. They had portable units which cooled the room but were so loud you could not carry on a conversation when they were on. So you either had to stay awake because of the noise and be cool or sleep and sweat. Next time I will stay in a chain with central AC.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank CalgaryGirl26
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here two nights. The motel has been renovated and is eclectic, but it is a little frayed. Our carpet was torn in spots, our comfortor had a fresh bloodstain on it that housekeeping missed, and there were scuff marks marring the paint in the corridors. I also spied a mouse running along the edge of the courtyard. The evening check in was mater-of-fact and not particulalry friendly. Upsides... it is very walkable to the bars, shops and reataurants along Davie St. My son also loved thr ping pong table. The coffee shop on the ground floor was also good, although owned separately. All in all "ok", esp for a very high price. I would have been happier to pay slightly less for a motel, even if it's "funky".

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank WestCoastRestless
Darren S, General Manager at The Burrard, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Hello WestCoastRestless,

Thanks for letting us know how we could have improved your stay. We’re sorry that you found the carpet not up to your standards. In addition, the "spot" on the duvet is concerning. We have more than one person inspecting our rooms to avoid any deficiencies, where it appears we still have opportunities. As for our wall marks, we have completed re-painting a large portion of our rooms and public areas, although we aren't quite finished. Of greatest concern is the lack of friendliness we showed you upon check-in.......our interactions with our guests is the best part of our jobs!

Although it’s not what we want to hear, but believe it or not, we’re grateful that you told us about your challenges. While there are some things that we just can’t change, we can work harder to make sure that you know what you’re going to get before you book. So thank you again for your comments, and if you have anything else you want to tell us or wish to elaborate on, please email us at info@theburrard.com.

Darren S