Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GlenMClark
Campbell River, Canada

Stayed there for 1 night in a small room

Review of Moda Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 28, 2019via mobile
Room was very small. However it was pretty reasonable cost and it was clean. We have stayed there before in a suite which is across the street. Fast check in and staff was pleasant. Nothing fancy about the Moda but priced accordingly.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    C$401
1.0 km from Moda Hotel
View more hotels in Vancouver
1,168 results
All reviews great location rooms are small an older hotel front desk staff coffee maker heart of downtown granville island concert cruise alaska
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Those are the pros. Located at Smithe and Seymour, it's about four blocks west of BC Place and across the street from Vancity Film and the Orpheum. As well, it's a short walk to great Yaletown restaurants. Good value for money if you're okay with the cons.

Cons: soft, mushy bed (room 427). Bed sheets starched/ironed so hard that they sound like plastic when you move. No air conditioning. A thermostat reset to 10C was completely ineffective in reducing the temp from around 34C, and we slept with the provided floor fan on all night which helped, but. This is in March, when it's only 60C outside. We didn't sleep well because of the warmth, the sheets, and the soft bed. Woke up with sore backs.

For these reasons, we won't be back.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Our room had a bed, wardrobe and Bathroom. All were clean and supplied with the essentials. It is a reasonably priced hotel situated for easy access to all areas of Vancouver by foot or by Bike and for us was ideal and functional. we experienced no issues either checking in or out and the staff were very friendly and helpful with suggestions of things to see and do as well as local eating houses.
many Thanks

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2019

Do not stay here. first, my car was broken into in the gated parking lot associated with this hotel. Do NOT park there, they will do nothing to help you, and will not pay or compensate ANYTHING for you. I tried.
Secondly, I left an item in the room, which they luckily kept in the safe for me, but I have been trying for 3 weeks to get them to send it to me, they refuse to take my credit card information over the phone, instead I have to put in an email or fax it to them which is completely unsafe.
I am really disappointed in this establishment. Also, the sheets feel like plastic, but I get that at under $100/night. Pass if you can, overall a terrible experience.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank trav06489
Reviewed March 6, 2019

Moda is a small hotel, well situated in downtown Vancouver. close to theaters and BC Place, as well as the downtown transit station for those who want to leave their car at home.. Rooms are small but bright and very clean. Staff are helpful and friendly. An excellent dinning room, cocktail bar, and sports bar are all within the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
E6160RTandreas, Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Thank you Joan for sharing your experience with us.

Were absolutely thrilled you enjoyed the hotel , staff and surroundings. Were looking forward to serving you in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Andrea
Moda hotel

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

I was disappointed that nothing was done for us during our stay after we reported that the guest across the hall that was chain smoking in their bathroom during their stay. I am noticeably 4 months pregnant and got to enjoy a night being nauseous from second hand smoke. I complained multiple times and was told “oh well they will get charged $300” to which I responded “they should be responsible for my room charges as well” and was laughed at. I think at very least they should have offered for a room change or something. I won’t recommend Moda, as clearly if a guest breaks the rules they just take the money and don’t care if all of their other guests get to suffer along the way.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning,

I'm truly sorry that this happened during your stay. We try to do our best in these situations but unfortunately we are not always able to prevent them.

I was the manger at the front desk that checked you out. I think there was some confusion in terms of the conversation. I did ask how your stay was at check out and you did inform me, you called down once the night before to let the front desk know the room across the hall was smoking. I let you know we were still trying to conform the room, if it was the room across the hall the guests would be fined. You then suggested that they pay for room. At no point was i laughing or did i say oh well!

This is a big problem that not only discomforted you and other guests stay. It caused damage in the room and results in the room having to be put out of order for professional cleaning.

We would have been more than happy to move you, if you asked. We try not to further inconvenience guests in the middle of the night by asking them to move, unless they request to do so.

I truly am disappointed that you left the hotel feeling like we didn't care. That would was not our intention. If you do decide to come back ,contact us directly and we will try to rectify the problem.

Warmest Regards,