New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sunset Inn and Suites

Sunset Inn and Suites
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“Thoughtful touches, friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Typically my hotel stays are uneventful. I've stayed at 5 star hotels and though the experience may have been positive, I didn't feel impressed enough to write a review - I just expect that for the amount of money I pay for the room, the service should be on par.

My stay at the Sunset Inn went beyond my expectations. It's ranked as a 2-star hotel, however its service and hospitality are easily 5-star. Perhaps what touched me most were the packaged slippers tucked into a terry cloth bathrobe. My feet were aching and I was cold. To see these two items along with a note on my bed explaining all the free things available to me such as a library of DVDs to take up to my room, continental breakfast and a playful note about the weather made me feel like despite coming in so late at night, someone was there to welcome me in a personal way.

And the beds! I was sick and have terrible allergies. The bed was like heaven - with fluffy pillows, crisp and clean sheets and a warm, comfortable duvet. I slept like a baby. In the morning as I was getting ready to start my day, I was pleasantly surprised to see that q-tips and cotton balls were provided for my morning skin regime. I truly felt at home. I was only going to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying for 4.

Room Tip: 1103 is a corner room with an ok view from the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sita A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We spent the night here after a week in Whistler, attracted by the low price, free parking and description of spacious suites. The room was clean and large with a small kitchen, comfortable bed and free wifi. The hotel is on a quiet side street between Robson and Granville so a 10 minute walk to either. I would definitely stay here again, the room price included a continental buffet style breakfast. The reception staff were very friendly

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muzzysmum
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Spent 3 nights in Vancouver, February 2012 and found this an excellent place to stay at great value. The hotel is well managed and the reception staff need a pat on the back. Complimentary internet is also a nice touch. Downtown Vancouver is only a 10 to 15 min walk and the ferries are only 5 mins away. There are bars and restaurants in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nomads268
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Finally made my initial foray into Vancouver, and couldn't have picked a better place. Well furnished serviced apartment located near Davie st., which has a great vibe and lots of good restaurants. Downtown is a mere 10-15 min walk. The seawall is also 5 min away, and you can take a nearby ferry from there to Granville island, which is a great place to chill out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Decided to take a last minute trip for a "girls' night/shopping/sightseeing" mini-adventure and booked at the Sunset Inn and Suites the same day of our stay. I called the hotel directly and talked with the nicest person (Ashley, I think?) who assisted with my booking of 2 rooms: one Executive 1-Bedroom King Suite and one Executive 2-Double Bed Studio, both very reasonably priced for everything you get! She was also there on our arrival several hours later and was just as nice and helpful in person :)

The rooms were super clean, very nicely decorated and well kept, with comfortable beds and everything we could have wanted, including full kitchens with actual ovens, full sized refrigerators and dishes/tableware, and plenty of room to spread out. The bathrooms are a bit small but are nicely appointed and have everything you need including fantastic showerheads with lots and lots of hot water (my sister and I can challenge even the most efficient hot water delivery system!), and the Neutrogena toiletries were perfect for the allergy sufferer in our group. The beds were quite comfortable, with lots of fluffy pillows and again very clean.

The continental breakfast is basic but more than sufficient and had something for everyone in our group. The location was terrific, a bit away from the hustle and bustle but within just a few minutes of shopping, restaurants and pretty much anything else you could want. The free *secured* parking is a nice plus, and although the spaces are a bit tight we had no problems at all parking our SUV.

I will definitely plan to stay at the Sunset Inn and Suites on future visits to Vancouver. We simply couldn't have been more pleased!

Room Tip: Book a high floor to minimize traffic noise (although this really didn't seem to be much of an i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Recently booked a one bedroom executive newly renovated suite. Very comfortable with convenient amenities. I hosted a few informal client meetings in my suite and found them to be comfortable and roomy...nice to be able to offer my clients coffee as well. Will book again in the future without hesitation. Nearby Davie Street was great for food/restaurants, but not much for retail shopping.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business