Victorian Hotel
US$217
US$209
Sandman Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$188
US$311
US$279
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$311
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$265
  • Breakfast included
US$315
US$296
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$319
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$332
US$184
US$174
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno elevatorsalvation armyshared bathroomcanned fruitprivate bathcontinental breakfastbay windowhardwood floorsfirst floorgas townstay there againstreet noisewaterfront stationking roomcomfortable bedsfew minutes walkcruise port
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had never visited Vancouver BC before and decided to take myself there for my birthday. A friend of mine advised me that I should look for a room near Gas Town so I went on trip advisor and started to search. I found the room at this hotel from the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought I would give it a shot. The staff is very friendly and helpful and from the moment you arrive they are kind and willing to help you in any way. I booked a Delux King Room and I was VERY PLEASED with how large and well appointed it was for a hotel of this age. High ceilings, very comfy bed, old world furnishings, and the bathroom was beautiful with a HUGE deep soaking tub. The room was also outfitted with a huge flat screen TV and lots of seating as well.

The hall ways in this hotel are a little rustic but very charming lined with old fashioned furnishings, and there is no elevator so if you have special needs request a ground floor room. The breakfast offered is basic items like toast, fruit, milk, cereal, etc. Its not fancy but if you want a fancy breakfast go out pay for one! I hate when people are offered free food and then complian about it! Actually what they offer is very healthy and what people should be eating anyway.

For the quality of the service and the quality of the rooms this hotel is a great value. Also, you are a three minute walk from the main area in Gas Town, and a 10 minutes brisk walk from the trendy Yale Town area. So this is a great location. If you arrive at night it looks very quiet and bleak, but at daybreak it comes to life and is a good safe area. Another good thing is that they have a gated and secure parking lot. The parking daily charges are minimal and if you rent a car or drive your own car there is no street parking so the parking lot is a great and secure feature. Its a short drive from Stanley Park, Capilano Bridge, and Grouse Mountain so you are in the heart of all of the fun. I would stay here again without question and I feel The Victorian really is a great deal for what they offer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the hotel off of Homer street if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank rodvilencia
Brian M, General Manager at Victorian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

My oh my Mr. Vilencia, you should moonlight as a travel writer. Thank you so very much for your detailed review. It sounds like you got the best out of your first trip to Vancity, so don't be a stranger. We really look forward to having you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Room is really beautiful with its Victorian details. Bathroom is very nice and clean but could probably do with a shelf at the sink. Has coffee maker but no complementary bottled water. Can get a little noisy from the public bus that operates until quite late into the night. People walking by can also be rowdy (not sure if it's due to close proximity to DTES). Also no safe to store valuables but it seems to be a norm elsewhere. Breakfast is simple to get you started. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tylermus
Brian M, General Manager at Victorian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Many thanks for your review Tylermus, With respect to your comments about bottled water, I am a huge fan of our water system in Vancouver and believe we have the best H2O on the planet, so I resist putting bottled water in the rooms. Our tap water is so good I want everyone to try it.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We booked this hostel for two nights when we arrived in BC. We would liked a good hostel and it was. Nice clean and gentl staff.
It's not very located but after 5 minutes walk we are in mains streets of downtown so it's not a big dill.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pgouret

Thank you for the review Pgouret, were sure glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is our first stay at the Victorian Hotel, but it won't be the last. We booked the Deluxe King and were so pleased with the elegant old-world style of the room. High ceilings, bay windows, with window seats, comfy bed and antique furnishings. The bathroom had a lovely deep tub. The location is terrific - close to rail/sea bus station, Chinatown, great downtown shopping, Canada Place/ Convention Centre. Our stay was topped off by the wonderful Continental breakfast - colourful, fresh fruit salad, Greek-style yoghurt, cereals, the very best croissants I've tasted... and really good coffee. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Don't miss out on this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen408
Brian M, General Manager at Victorian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you so very much Maureen 408. It's a thrill for all of us to receive such a ringing endorsement. We're swept away, please hurry back.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Victorian on a recent trip to Vancouver for a concert and were very pleased. Yes, it is an older building without an elevator and there was some street noise, but we booked it because we wanted charm and did not want a cookie cutter chain -- and we were not disappointed. The location is great - a few minutes' walk from the Skytrain station, the Gastown district, and the Rogers Arena as well. Upon check-in, Brian gave us several recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants and was generally helpful and super cheerful during our entire stay. I also enjoyed the map in the lobby with so many pins showing where all their guests had traveled from. Oh, and that breakfast! As a vegetarian, I was delighted to have several options (including yogurt without gelatin!) and I am still thinking about the croissants and jam. I will definitely stay here if I return to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Recommend a private bath if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank purljamber

Hey Foxmophandlemama, I mean Purljamber, it was such a treat to meet with you and your Pearl Jam- fanatic family. You certainly classify as one of the "cool moms' We miss you already, Please don't wait for the next concert to visit us again.