“Good food and service--beware thin walls!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Good food and service--beware thin walls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Excellent service, food and location but one night a rowing couple in the next room kept me up because walls are quite thin. I told the staff and they promptly told the neighbors to keep it down. The staff was very prompt with other requests and Katie the chief concierge is extremely helpful.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Monica88_10
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I was happy to read your review and hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay.

However, it is disappointing to read that you experienced some noise concerns and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If ever I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We are visiting Canada for the first time, & this hotel is the start of our Fairmont Hotel experiences ... But I must say if all the others are the same for the rest of our holiday, I will be one happy traveler!
We stayed here based on location to the Convention Centre as we had a show to attend to here. The location was perfect, the staff could not do enough to assist, & we couldn't have asked for more ...

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Lisatait
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. It is truly rewarding to read your comments and hear that you had a great time with us here. Our location is certainly hard to beat when attending meetings at the Vancouver Convention Centre!

Thank you for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, we hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and we look forward to hosting you once again in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Accompanied hubbie on another Vancouver business trip and pursuaded him this time to stay at the Waterfront on the Gold Floor as I got a good rate online $224 vs $197 for the Hyatt (non club room) where he usually stays. Great welcome, we were already checked in given keys by the bellmen and headed up to the room. Room is lovely, spacious, spotless and appears recently redone. Fairmont has recently changed their amenities, now from Le Labo and I really like them. First of all I'll tell the good about the Gold Floor. Staff are very very friendly and if you ask them for something they'll do their best to make it happen, remembered our names right from day one (I'm in night three of a four night stay). Great breakfast, excellent nespresso machine, and although advertised as deluxe continental there is always sausage, bacon hashbrowns and another entree ie: quiche, eggs benny etc. Evening snacks have been very good - oriental one night with dumplings, sushi etc, another spanakopita, meatballs etc and always a cheese tray. Honour bar of course if crazy priced. A glass of the red wine they have is more than the cost of the bottle, which we don't like anyway. I went out and got us a nice bottle of Deadly Zins and we took up our own. No one said anything. On the flip side my biggest beef would be that the staff really aren't "there" in the lounge. Dishes sit waiting to be cleared for a long time, in the morning only once have I been offered a coffee refill without getting it myself and my biggest peeve is that there is no milk/cream on the tables, only in jugs in one area so if I have a pot of tea every time I pour a cup I have to get up and carry it over to add milk. I have had to knock on the kitchen door several times to get butter etc. Also, their games selection, not even a pack of cards was lackluster which is disappointing as most floors have these. Thirdly was the magazine selection which was nil - only free magazines were on display. There was a BMW out front with the hotel logo and hubbie asked how he could drive it and was told that he couldn't drive it, but it was courtesy car for hotel guests and if we wanted a ride somewhere, or a pickup we could be driven for free. We did do this last night and got a bit of a tour of downtown which was well worth the $5 tip. It is one of those hidden services though, I haven't seen it advertised. Hubbie also love the free pressing service, saved a few minutes in the morning. I do want to stress that the staff could not have been more accomodating, professional and kind - fix the stuff above and there is nothing I could complain about (which is pretty rare for me ;) Hands down, beats the Hyatt - no comparison in service at all which is crazy as my husband has stayed there every week or two for the last year. We did have a city view which is fine but I'm surprised they didn't upgrade us to a harbout view as the gold floors appear quite quiet right now.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Geordie_calgarian
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your review and hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay. However, it is disappointing to read that the service levels on the Fairmont Gold floor did not meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to exceed your needs. Your feedback certainly highlights some room for improvements on our Fairmont Gold floor, and therefore I will be sharing it with the necessary Fairmont Gold leaders.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back in the near future; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com to make your next reservation. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We spent 4 nights at the hotel over the summer with our 2 year old. The hotel is across the street from the Convention Center and the ship and the hydroplane terminals. The waterfront is a great place to take a stroll. The hotel is located downtown and has easy access to all tourist locations. The complimentary car service also takes you to the closer attractions. The drivers were extremely nice.
The breakfast buffet is delicious and so is the room service menu (kids had free room service at the time, I'm not sure if it's always the case). There is also a cafe just outside the lobby with some sandwich, bagels and pastries for a quick bite.
The staff was so friendly and helpful, specially with the little one. We loved our stay and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TexMexZilian
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our waterfront location made travel to tourist attractions so convenient. I commend you for traveling with a 2 year old and am happy to confirm that all children under the age of five continue to eat for free when traveling with their parents.

We are very proud of our friendly and professional staff and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the service you received.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Ian Pullan,
maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront for two nights prior to a cruise. It was a perfect location for a cruise, just across the street from the terminal, and well located to walk around the city. We booked through Luxury Hotel Resort Collection for less than $300 per night, including an amazing buffet breakfast plus a $50 dining room credit. In addition, we paid for a city view and were upgraded to water view. We also received early check in, and late check out. The front desk and concierge staff was so helpful -- it felt like they couldn't do enough for us. As a Fairmont Club member, which is free to join, internet was free. We would definitely stay at the Fairmont again if we return to Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank julieame
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to contribute to your cruise experience. I will be sure to pass your positive feedback on to our Front Desk and Concierge teams who take great pride in providing the highest levels of service.

Please know your Fairmont President’s Club membership entitles you to many privileges at Fairmont hotels, including complimentary high speed internet, access to hotel bicycles and fitness wear as well as exclusive dining offers.

Thank you again for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, and we look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We visited in January and spent 2 nights here after 12 nights in the the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Both hotels are great.

Location: This hotel is well placed to the waterfront (hence the name) and local attractions. As a tourist, it was good to be near the tourist information centre and the food court underneath provided a cheaper alternative to the hotel food.

Room: We had a fantastic waterfront room on the 22nd floor. The views were great, the room was quiet and and it was stylishly decorated. I was very happy with the room, although alot of light did seem to filter through the bottom of the door to hall way.

Staff: All the staff we came into contact were polite, courteous and willing to help however they could. Housekeeping did a great job of presenting the room and reception staff were prompt and efficient.

Facilities: They have a pool, hot tub and gym facilities which we used and were very well maintained and it was lovely swimming on the roof of a building in the middle of a bustling city.

Overall: This is our second visit here and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is very well located, easy to find and offers a great service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katiegregory
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This deluxe hotel is ideal for business or pleasure. Well located in the downtown business centre and adjacent to convention and port facilities.

A great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dgm10
Dear Guest,
It is truly rewarding to read your comments and we are honoured to know we are your favourite hotel in Vancouver! Thank you for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, and we look forward to hosting you once again in the near future.