“Fantastic Service”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was at the Fairmont hosting an event. We rented one of their larger suites to host the event. The staff were fantastic about making sure the room was available, that the ice was plentiful and to help us load things from the car to the room. Our guests very much enjoyed the view and the room.
A massive suite at the Fairmont is not exactly a common stop for most people but I am any guest, regardless of their room, would enjoy their time here. A great high end hotel for Vancouver.

Room Tip: The nicest suite in the hotel is a good bet!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. It is truly rewarding to read your comments and hear that you had a great time with us here. Thank you for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
west midlands
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We have stayed in this hotel four times over the past few years. We have never had any problems, even when staying with an elderly and infirm parent, when my mother had a room that was well equipped for wheelchair access.
Our son and his family live in Vancouver, When we arrive after an overnight flight it is evening in Vancouver even though our body-clocks tell us that it is the small hours of the morning. The restaurant staff are more than willing to find a table for us to eat with our family, including two very exited (but well behaved) grandchildren. The food and service in the restaurant are excellent.

The rooms are excellent, modern and quite spacious, unlike many of the Fairmonts where, because of the age of the hotels, the rooms can be small by modern standards.

There is good transfer to the hotel on the Canada Line from the airport. We get on the Sky-train at the airport and get off at Waterfont. We have to walk just a few hundred yards to the hotel. Thank goodness for rolling luggage.

The hotel is, as the name suggests, right by the waterfront, and Canada Place, and not too far to stroll to Gastown.

We could find less expensive places to stay in Vancouver: We could possibly find greater luxury (or would that be mere pretension?)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review and to share your experience with us. We make every effort to read each comment posted and it is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our team and the level of service they strive to provide, so it gives me great pleasure to be able to share your fantastic feedback with them. You may be interested to know for your next visit that we are launching new healthy lifestyle menus for children that I am confident your grandchildren will enjoy.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again here at The Fairmont Waterfront and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Vancouver. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront
Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was the second time that I've ever stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront and I thought it was my best hotel stay to date. When I booked the hotel, I was worried that perhaps the furnishings and service were going to be horrible, as the Fairmont Pacific Rim seems to be the one that is getting all the accolades these days.

I arrived on an early morning flight and I got to the hotel at 10am via the Skytrain - it was very convenient. Of course, I knew my room wouldn't be ready, but the front desk checked for me, just in case... and told me that they would give me a call on my cell phone when the room is ready to go. All of the staff were very friendly and I felt each one was trying to go above and beyond. The room that I was in, looked like it had been renovated recently and had newer furnishings. It was good to see that money was still being spent to maintain the quality of the hotel.

Overall, the combination of a great location, amazing service, and above average quality of the rooms made this one of my best hotel stays to date.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank wilburintoronto
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I was thrilled to read your glowing review and will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with regards to our high level of service with our team. You may be interested to know that we will be undergoing further exciting renovations to our guestrooms in 2012 as we strive to consistently provide a fresh and impeccable product. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager at The Fairmont Waterfront
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Just returned from our second stay at this hotel and again had a lovely time.

We had a fab corner room with 2 huge windows directly overllooking the harbour. Lovely and clean with evening turndown service.

Unfortunately they charge for wifi access which really annoyed me seeing as you can get it for free in so many places, including the Pacific Coast coaches! Why??? Apparently it's free if you're in their Presidents Club so is worth registering before you go!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our corner Signature rooms – the two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows definitely provide an amazing view of the harbour and North Shore Mountains. My apologies that you were disappointed with our wireless internet charge; you are correct in stating that we provide free wifi for all Fairmont President Club members, for which membership is also complimentary. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager at The Fairmont Waterfront
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Location was good and the foyer was very pleasant but I found the staff to be just going through their paces and less than genuinely friendly. The rooms were quite nice but the 'mattress topper' was unbearably hot to sleep on. Probably would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank E_Family_GJLO
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on your recent stay at The Fairmont Waterfront. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this visit; as we truly strive to make every stay a memorable one. Please know I will be reviewing your comments with the team. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back, please feel free to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com should you travel to Vancouver again, so that I may personally take care of you on your next stay. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Waterfront (I suppose too much time spent at their Royal York property in Toronto has tainted me! crappy out-dated rooms, crappy service... but I digress)

The service was friendly; the West Coast influenced decor was subtle, elegant and well done;, the breakfast service was great, food was excellent (good old Canadian Pacific Railway coffee - loove it!), the concierge provided us umbrellas to walk around with.

I was happy to see that the room had a mini-bar station with water, wine and goodies laid out for selection with an easily found price list. I also much prefer the new toiletry line they've got in-room. They also brought up a travel sized anti-perspirant for me at no charge when I called the concierge after forgetting mine!

Minor cons:
No foam pillows in the room for those of you who are allergic (delivered upon request).
Mediocre hairdryers but it was strong enough to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.
As an interior design afficionado, I love being blown away by hotel design. This was lovely, understated elegance but not statement-making. They do have naturally beautiful surroundings so perhaps they don't want to detract from such a grand view.

All in all, a very happy business traveller.

Room Tip: You'll want a waterfront room. "Cityview" faces away from the beautiful harbour and m...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I was happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful view. I would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to some of the guestroom amenities and will be sure to share your comments with our Operations team. Thank you again for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront
Wales
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Classy luxury and service. A large spacious room with views of both harbour and downtown. A huge comfortable bed. Roomy bathroom, flat screen tv and coffee maker. Easy access to downtown and the waterfront. No negatives…oh maybe one…firmer pillows for our next visit please?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple