Fairmont Waterfront
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
US$267
US$221
  • Restaurant
Sunset Inn and Suites(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$237
US$226
Travelocity
3,565 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I arrived at the Waterfront with a sore and inflamed right eye. I was tired and disheartened. I was greeted by warm and caring staff. The room was amazing - every thing I could hope for was at my service. All amenities were there, including my most prized electric kettle for making hot tea that does not smell of coffee (as it always does if you make tea in a coffee maker). The room looked out onto a green patio where I was able to sit and sun myself today. As I had to make a visit to the emergency room to have the eye seen to, the staff were so considerate and asked if I needed a ride to and from the hotel. A friend was taking me, so I did not need it, but when I got back, they asked how I was. In the morning I got a call from the general manager and the front desk person asking how I was doing. It was amazing and made me smile. Then this afternoon a small knock on the door announced a visit from a staff member bringing me honey and chocolates and a note to ask how I was feeling. Wow! Never has that happened to me in a hotel. I would be glad to come back to the Fairmont - this is a place where you feel treated like a special person and a member of a family, not just an anonymous guest. I am giving a speech tomorrow at UBC and when I needed to print it out, the staff at the front desk were so courteous and went beyond their required roles to be helpful. This is when an average business trip turns into something to be treasured. Thanks to the staff and team at the Waterfront a miserable start to the trip has turned into a desire to recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Vancouver. Rain or Shine you will feel fine at the Waterfront! I speak from first hand experience. Thanks to Lina, Ana Maria, and all the staff.

Room Tip: The front desk offered an upgrade to an ocean view, but my lovely room on the 3rd floor had a patio and a bit of green outside - a robin sang to me both mornings - what a nice way to start the day!
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Recently stayed at Fairmont Waterfront for a conference across the street at the convention centre. The weather outside was dreadful: cold, rain and snow! Fortunately, Fairmont Waterfront shielded me from all the mess with its warmth and great views. I had a little issue due to my own ignorance but Mr. RS fixed the situation without any trouble. Great location near Gastown's restaurants and bars. I just wish the fitness room was a little larger but that's not a deal breaker. You can't go wrong with Fairmont.

Room Tip: Corner room was large and sunny
1  Thank nyctravelguy777
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here beginning of March for a convention. Have stayed here before but this time, as boss is a Fairmont member we immediately went to the 9th floor. Oh Wow started from the time we arrived. Valet service was fast and efficient. 9th floor check in was easy. Rooms were great! They have breakfast served on this floor, as well as day time appies and an honour bar. Service was impeccable. I got spoiled on this trip i will add.... i would love to stay on the 9th floor again!!!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Right next to the Convention center. Easy to take the train from the airport to the hotel. Just walk across the street. The rooms are great size and have good views. There are a lot of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food at the property is good and the waitstaff is very nice.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

If you can't get into the Fairmont Pacific Rim this is your next best bet just 2 blocks away. Great harbour and mountain views. Comfortable rooms, well laid out for business or leisure. Across from convention center and hiking/biking paths to Stanley Park. Within walking distance of all the downtown sites or Seabus to North Vancouver. Rapid transit right there. Great restaurant and bar. Typically excellent Fairmont service. Fitness center and pool are first rate. Always a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: Definitely worth asking for Harbour view and higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was pleased to read your positive comments – we will definitely work on becoming your number one hotel choice while staying in Vancouver! If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager, The Fairmont Waterfront.