“Across From Convention Center & Waterfront” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington, DC metro area
“Across From Convention Center & Waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Fairmont Waterfront is very nice and convenient with the Convention Center and harbor across the street and a food court downstairs

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NOAAtraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have come to know and trust the Fairmont hotel chain to have some of the most consistent hotels and staff. The Fairmont Waterfront is one of my favourite hotels in Vancouver. I usually go for smaller boutique style hotels but this hotel has become such a staple within our family. The food is excellent, the rooms are spacious, clean and cosy. The staff are always the pinnacle of professionalism. I do not eat wheat or dairy and the chef made me a huge quinoa salad. These are the things that elevate a stay to fabulous for me.

It also has a superb gym, hot tub and heated outdoor pool with magnificient views of the North Shore mountains and harbour.

The location is perfect - minutes away from shopping on robson, pacific centre and gas town. Right next to the float plane terminals.

I highly recommend the Fairmont Waterfront.

Room Tip: Glorious views of Vancouver's harbour in the harbour view rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline H
West Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront for a recent business meeting. The desk staff greeted me with class. When I noted that the wireless Internet service had a charge, the receptionist referred me to the president's club application, and i was able to access the Internet free of charge, which meant a lot or me because I rely on FaceTime to communicate with my husband when I travel, and it was nice to not have that added expense. I was also given an upgrade to a waterfront room upon arrival, so I had an amazing view of the water and the mountains... Simply breathtaking!
My room was excellent. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and I was able to sleep in the bed immediately (I have real issues in most hotel beds on the first night). The bathroom was spacious, and the staff kept the room extremely clean during my stay. I had absolutely no complaints. I would definitely stay at the Fairmont Waterfront again if I return to Vancouver.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Val_K7878
Exeter, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Recently returned from our first stay in Vancouver. Picked the Fairmont Waterfront after reading other reviews, and couldn't be happier. The entire staff was very helpful. We stayed on the Fairmont Gold level, and the Gold Lounge was incredible! The breakfast at the Gold Lounge had a wide variety of hot and cold choices. There were IPads available for guest use at the Gold Lounge, and our teenage kids enjoyed using them. There were drinks and snacks provided throughout the day. The staff at the Gold Lounge treated us very well We were impressed with the outstanding customer service this hotel provides.

The location of the hotel was also ideal for shopping and dining out. We were able to walk to most of our destinations. We were very happy with our stay at this hotel, and we would definitely stay there again. I don't usually write reviews, but I wanted to express my appreciation of this hotel's customer service. My favorite hotel used to be the Grand Californian, but now it's the Fairmont Waterfront!

Room Tip: Choose the Gold Level - you won't have to purchase breakfast or snacks.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marla B
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Our stay at the Fairmount Waterfront was fabulous. The view was stunning, the service was impecable and the location, for us, was exactly what we needed. My wife and I enjoyed evening walks with our dog on the sea wall and during the day we were within walking distance to most of our destinations. The entire week was most enjoyable and we will be staying at the Fairmount Waterfront when we return. The best all around value. However, I must say that the room was very nice, the cleanliness was not up to our standards. It was good but for this hotel chain it seemed a little less than what is expected.

Room Tip: Harbour view is fabulous
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom C
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Just wanted to say this is by far the best hotel in the area!! I use to stay at one of the other hotels when doing business in the Vancouver area, but the service is what seperates it from its competition. The concierge staff is one of the best in Western Canada and are always friendly and helpful!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here in November, admittedly a chilly time for a waterfront visit! The hotel was beautiful, very nicely appointed. Our room was on the club level which conveniently had its own check in. The staff was beyond helpful and booked us reservations at an excellent local restaurant.

The rooms were nice, not huge but still comfortable. The bathroom had cute toiletries although I feel like they could pitch in for a bit nicer hairdryer. It was ancient and didn't work that well.

The breakfast in the morning was amazing and located in a very nice room with a view of the city. A great, relaxing place to stay in the city. The location on the waterfront really allows you to enjoy the beauty of Vancouver and the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple