Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel
US$374
US$205
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$135
US$163
US$156
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomfree underground parkingsmall mallclose to downtowndrug storehot breakfastfree breakfastpublic transitbus routeswould stay here againyogurtrooms are cleanfront desk staffbooked this hotelcoffee makerconvenient locationstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Was checked in by the General Manger, Rick, who was hard at work on a sunny Sunday afternoon. What an awesome person! He gave us a fantastic rate and the room was superb with all amenties we needed along with a king size bed. The hotel is a botique style property that meets the PLUS standards. Highly recommend this property to all travellers be it business or pleasure. Your stay will be a memorable one with the fantastic staff and level of service we experienced also. This property is very close to all transit services and a within walking distance to Rogers Arena or BC Place. When you visit Vancouver make sure you check out the Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and all you have to do is make a request and the staff will do their utmost best to accomodate your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bob T
Reviewed 25 March 2012

the people at the desk were very friendly and helpfull especially at giving directions for places in Vancouver. price of the room was very good considering being in Vancouver. rooms are odd shapes because of hotel design. really like the tall ceilings. found parking stalls limited and quite small

Room Tip: try to get one facing the north to see the mountains
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Absolutely recommend this hotel if you’re looking for somewhere in the vicinity of Vancouver General Hospital. Our room was smaller than at some other Best Westerns we’ve stayed at but didn’t feel in any way cramped, and we had everything we needed – very comfortable bed and pillows, good wifi signal, microwave and fridge (both available on request) and free underground parking (for Vancouver, that’s a bit of a find). The rates are very reasonable, especially for somewhere so close to downtown.

I was a little worried that being on the ground floor, our room might be noisy, but we heard no sounds from inside or outside the hotel. The room had a double door off the corridor; the space between the outer and inner doors probably absorbed any sounds from guests using the corridor. And our window was actually well above street level, providing privacy and quiet. The ground-floor rooms overlook a back street that has virtually no traffic.

A continental breakfast is included. We try to eat gluten free, sometimes a challenge with hotel breakfasts, so we were pleased to find the selection included oatmeal, yogurt, egg patties/omelets, bananas and apples. Also discovered a gluten-free bakery called Mygoodness just a two-minute walk away at 235 East Broadway, and around the corner from it, the Wallflower Modern Diner at 2420 Main Street, which has gluten-free options. The Salt and Pepper Grill and Bar next door to the hotel serves tasty food and gives a 10% discount on presentation of your room key. And there are countless restaurants and coffee shops within easy walking distance.

The Kingsgate Mall is just across the street from the hotel. It has a supermarket, pharmacy and numerous other stores.

1  Thank Tripsterchick
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Close enough to Vancouver General hopsital that we could walk there. Also right across from a little mall with a grocery store so location was great. Man at check in totally hates his job. We requested a fourth floor room, he wanted to put us on third floor. My husband said as long as it's quiet. He didn't respond, we found out after we got the key that he did put us on the fourth floor so I don't know what the problem was. We did have the smallest room on that floor because of the design of the hotel. We had to rearrange the furniture just to get by the bed. Parking is tight but secure. Breakfast room was also tight. If they took out a table, it would be better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine, there are no doors on the room.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I usually use Priceline to score 4 star hotels in Vancouver; and, during this time of the year, you can usually get a great deal.

I tried a couple times to score a room for the 70-80 dollar range with Priceline. Then I thought about it: Yes, the 4 star hotels generally have beautiful rooms. But they are downtown and I would have to pay for parking and internet. That would bump up my daily room price to 120 dollars a night (including the taxes and fees of PL). That's 30 dollars toward a good meal in Vancouver!

So, I decided to look elsewhere. This Best Western is in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood - filled with great restaurants and shops on Main, Broadway, and Kingsway. I am kind at the phase of my Vancouver traveling, that I'm not too interested in going downtown. From this hotel, you can walk Broadway and catch the 99 bus to Kits, or Granville or you can walk to the waterfront.

The best perk is that it comes with free parking. The first morning, I woke up, looked out my window, and saw a classic Vancouver smash and grab-broken car window. Their parking is very secure but small.

Free internet!

They also have a nice free continental breakfast - my only complaint is that the coffee in the room tasted better than the coffee they served. Luckily, there is a good coffee shop on Main street just one block away.

I would also suggest getting a room not on the first floor. We paid their rockbottom internet prices, so I wasn't surprised that we were on the first floor. It wasn't too bad until the Saturday night-hustle woke me up a couple of times. But, our room was clean, and that is the most important to me!

Room Tip: Try to get a room NOT on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple