“Very nice hotel, great location and wonderful staff”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Let me start by saying that the best property in the world cannot overcome a rude and unhelpful staff (Think Hilton Hawaii Village). But this property, in the heart of Vancouver and just steps away from the convention center is certainly a great location, with nice amenities, but it is the staff that makes this a wonderful place to stay.
From the time I checked in (the actually recognized that I was a Marriott Gold Member) the staff treated me very well. My room with a king bed overlooked the harbor and I sat and watched the sea planes take off and land. (Endless fascination for the child in me!)
And the room service I ordered the first night because I was exhausted after the flight and working all day, was delivered quickly and the food was hot!
The executive lounge breakfast was also quite good.

So while it may not have all the amenities of a 5 Star hotel, this is a great hotel with a wonderful staff and I highly recommend it if you have a business meeting in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view, worth the upgrade
2  Thank gdcxmd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here because I had an on-site meeting. I expected the usual Marriott but was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and friendliness of the staff. They could not have been more helpful! Curtis the concierge in particular was fantastic; he got me a reservation at one of the hot new restaurants in town and was eager to talk about food and wine which he obviously loves. I upgraded my room and it was money well spent - fantastic view of Coal Harbour and the float planes and the Olympic torch. The staff in the Executive lounge were also great but unfortunately it closes for the weekend at noon on Fridays - why? The snacks they served for the breaks at our meeting were amazing - macaroons, biscotti and the BEST granola bars ever.
This is a good location with most of the interesting things to do in walking proximity.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We've stayed at the Pinnacle a number of times and it never fails to impress. The hotel, rooms and location are stunning. It was my birthday and when I mentioned that at check-in we were upgraded to a 29th floor bay view room. The views were breathtaking!

Room Tip: Be sure to mention at checkin if you are there for a special occasion - anniversary, birthday, etc...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle in early April as part of a large conference. I liked the location, close to the convention center and the waterfront. The view from my room was quite nice. Our room was updated, but tiny. We tripped over each other constantly, especially if/when one of us was sitting at the desk.
Despite the size of the room, the hotel stay was still very good. I can't say enough good things about the staff, especially the front desk and housekeeping staff. Everyone bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The staff attitude alone would make me want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the water.
1  Thank MJSCOTT
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations, by far!!!!! It's a great hotel that offers a lot of amenities!!! The staff is very friendly, professional and customer service oriented... from the Valet, to the Front Desk staff, to the restaurant staff, to the security guys, to the cleaning staff!! Rooms are clean and cosy, although not huge, the size was perfect for our romantic getaway!! I would return or recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!! The location is great, only 5 minutes walk to Robson street (lots of restaurants, shop) and about 10 minutes walk to the Skytrain and/or Gastown as well as Convention Centre. About 1 minute walk to the Olympic Flame and shore!!! This hotel is great and we'll definately be back!!!!

Room Tip: I took a cityview room and although the view was awesome, I would recommend paying the little extra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

While attending a conference in Vancouver I was lucky enough to stay at the Pinnacle. Wonderful service, totally professional, always willing to help. Restaurant is very good. Rooms extremely comfortable. Would recommend to everyone. One glitch: the international cheerleading contest was in town and the cheerleaders (all sizes, all ages) were dispersed throughout several floors of the hotel. The helicopter mommies shepherding their young charges had a tendency to sit around the hallways drinking wine while the little darlings tried to get to sleep following their daily adventures. Too bad for you if they picked your door to sit outside of.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed there during a conference and it was great. It is a 3" walk to the conference center. The hotel staff is so delightful. The hotel is very nice and we were surprised that the workout facilities were so nice and free of charge. It is a great location, just 1-2 blocks off the waterfront. The hotel has a great view of the water, mountains, and Stanley Park. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the 28th floor and had a fabulous view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business