“The Delta never dissapoints!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We always stay at the Delta for the convienent location downtown. We have never been dissapointed with the service. The staff goes above and beyond to accomadate your needs. They usually upgrade us at no cost which is great! Our last stay we got to have a floor to ceiling window room for a fraction of the cost to upgrade. The accomadations are pretty much the same as the fairmont , but you get less of the snobby guests. Overall I would reccomend the Delta Vancouver Suites to Anyone adn everyone. LOVE IT! we also love that it's close to restaurants and just a few steps to get our Tim's coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hernameislola
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience one of the Deluxe rooms that have the floor to ceiling windows. Hopefully you had some sunny days pouring through those windows, as well. I will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of our staff.

And yes, I totally agree that being close to Tim's is essential, I basically pick one up everyday before I arrive at work!!

Thank you again and I hope to have you stay at our hotel again in the near future.

Cheers,
Doug

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I am a regular visitor to Vancouver and have stayed here twice. The rooms are up to date, comfortable and the location is great. The staff is excellent. My first trip there I needed ice and had asked the front desk which floor it was on, they sent someone up who filled the bucket for me. Totally above and beyond anything I expected. My most recent trip (this week) there was some confusion over my reservation (that I had booked through another website) and, although it was a little concerning/frustraing to start off with, the woman I worked with moved me to a bigger suite than the one I was supposed to have to make up for the convenience. This was not something I asked for so I really appreciated her offering. It was a lovely room on one of the highest floors, great view and clean and comfortable. Would stay here anytime!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay.

We do aim to exceed all of our guests expectations and glad to hear that we are on the right track. I will ensure that our team is aware of your nice comments.

Hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Have been to Vancouver a bunch of times. Stayed in a number of hotels. This is by far the best bang for your buck. Very much like the Westin in which the rooms are suites. Only differene is the price. At times you can get this hotel for $100 per night less and there isn't much of a difference. Westin is a tad nicer but not much different.

Delta has large suites with rooms connected to living areas. Lobby isn't much to brag about but you are in Vancouver - one of the nicest cities in the world. Area can be the only issue witht this hotel but it didn't matter to me. It is on Hastings St. 5-7 blocks away is the nototrious "Downtown Eastside" one of the heaviest drug infested areas in the world. It is far enough away that it isn't an issue here but having stayed at the Westin and Sheraton i would say with smaller children it is worth staying further from that area.

Last two times i have been in Vancouver i stayed here. Would again.

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade suite on higher floor. Great view!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank iscreenwriter
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; we value your comments.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our suites and returned to stay with us a second time. A repeat stay is like a thousand words! With the recent re-development of Gastown, transforming our community into a neighbourhood of hip shops and restaurants, we're seeing it as a healthy barrier between our hotel and the Downtown Eastside. I hope that you agree and take the time to discover it for yourself during your next visit.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stay at this hotel often, truly enjoy the location, quality of the room and the staff and speaking of the staff, they are FANTASTIC!!! Always helpful, with an eagerness to assist and always great you with a hearty hello and a wonderful smile.

The rooms are comfortable, appointed nicely and well maintained. Considering the price, I think they are the best price for the service for downtown Vancouver. You could easily pay much more for a slight better room, but hard press to find better service for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for you comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you have been enjoying your experience while visiting our property. I will ensure to pass on the message to our staff that they are FANTASTIC. We are proud of our team and with your feed back we are assured that they are meeting and exceeding the expectations set by our standards.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

Robert

Reviewed 11 December 2011

OK, I have stayed in a lot of hotels in my life, but I have never stayed at a hotel were the staff was trained and encouraged to treat it's guests like abolute gold before. I booked this hotel based on the reviews of some of the other tripadvisors and I have not be disappointed. The rooms are very nice mini-suites with every possible feature thoughtfully planed and executed. But it's the stafff that really makes the difference. We stayed on one of the "Signature Level" floors and went to the Club Lounge for breakfast every morning and for drinks and appetizers every evening. The staff running the lounge were so sweet and nice. One night my wife mentioned that she was feeling a little cold. Later that evening, the hotel sent up a bowl of wonderful chicken soup to make her feel a little better! You won't find that kind of service and attention in any corporate hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. From the way that you explain your experience, it is evident that we have been doing our job right. That brings great joy to us, but the most gratifying thing is the fact that you and your family were well taken care of!

We look forward to having you back soon!

Robert

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Enjoyed a weekend stay. Great location close to cruise ship docks, sea wall and Gastown. Very nice staff in reception. Asked why we came to Vancouver and we mentioned our anniversary and was upgraded to Privlege. Parking and entrance off the laneway is odd and additional parking for pick up and rop offs would be better.
Nice room with view. Breakfast was very good however, personal beef, why do people think it is ok to enter and stay in the breakfast room wearing just their bathrobe and no shoes. Most people really don't want to know if or if you did not take a shower nor look at barefeet while they are eating. Staff should be told to kindly address this for the sake of other guests or place a sign asking for proper dress or offer them room service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. It's always nice to hear comments about the staff and our convenient location. I will ensure that your nice comments are shared with the team.

As for your breakfast experience, I appreciate your suggestions and we will be re-evaluating our internal process to come with a solution for the future.

We hope to welcome you back to soon

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We spent a week at the Delta Suites in Vanacouver and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone visiting Vancouver. It was well located close to the waterfront in the business district and within easy reach of the restaurant area. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfasts very good and although we had only two meals in the restaurant both were definetly haute cuisine. We were delighted with our suite which was spacious and well appointed. Altogether it was very good value. It was our first visit to Vancouver and I would strongly suggest visiting in spring. The city was a blaze of colour as all the cherry trees dogwoods etc were in full blossom. Vancouver in spring must be one of the prettiest cities in the world!

Room Tip: Unfortunately we have no photos to share as our camera was stolen in Barcellona.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us and recommending our property.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I must agree with you, Vancouver is one of the prettiest cities in the spring. I would highly recommend visiting the city in the summer as well as the mountain and ocean views are spectacular.

Hope to welcome you back to our city and hotel soon