“Definitely the BEST hotel in downtown Vancouver!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites
Ranked #29 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Definitely the BEST hotel in downtown Vancouver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I LOVE the Delta Vancouver Suites and won't stay anywhere else in downtown Vancouver anymore! The location is amazing. I take the train from the Airport and just walk up to the hotel. There are lots of restaurants and shopping close by - I have eaten in the hotel restaurant too and it was good. The staff are the nicest I've met in all my travels and the service amazing...they will do anything for you! The rooms are large and always clean, and their beds are so comfortable which is really important to me! I wish there was a Delta Vancouver Suites in every city I have to travel to!

Room Tip: I seem to get a different suite layout every time I go, and they have all been great...higher up is...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travelwizcanada
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear MFrench,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us!

We love to read reviews when our guests have had an extraordinary experience with us, it means that we are doing our job. I will definitely pass on your commnets to the rest of our staff.

Doug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a business trip. This was my third visit to the hotel and, as ever, the staff were incredibly friendly and were always willing to do that little extra to help. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms clean and spacious. The internet in the room was fast and reliable enough to let me get onto my office network in the UK and work with some reasonably large files. I also ate in the lounge downstairs one night and found the food to be surprisingly good value for eating in a chain hotel as well as good quality. This was due to a set menu being in use which gave you 3 courses for $28. The location is great for downtown and for getting to the North Shore.
I cannot find anything to fault this hotel over. This has become my hotel of choice in Vancouver and I am looking forward to returning when I am next visiting the city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear tdng,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel.

Your comments will definitely be passed on to the rest of our staff.

As this is your third time at a Delta, have you ever joined up to our Delta Priviledge Loyalty program? If you have, wonderful then you have been taking advantage of the benefits already. If not, it would be my pleasure to sign you up. You can contact us at any time or call the Delta Priviledge hotline.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Vancouver Suites for 5 nights. Fantastic staff, incredibly attentive and helpful. The room was lovely. Make sure to ask for a high enough floor to enjoy the outstanding views.
Can’t beat it for location – 2 minute walk to Gastown, 5 minutes to the harbor front. Shopping galore; all the major stores and shops easily within walking distance. Ditto for restaurants and coffee spots. Stanley park is a very short bus or cab ride away.
We’ll definitely return.

1 Thank mshaw11
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear mmsmith_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of your stay.

I'm so glad you had such a great time and the view is outstanding, that is true! I will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of the staff.

We hope to have you stay with again soon.

remote,OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I am a regular user of Priceline "name your price" hotel scheme. The whole idea behind it was that when hotels have unsold space, they might as well fill it up. A cheaper price is still better to the hotel than an empty room. If it were a 4 star hotel, you'd get a 4 star room and 4 star service at a reduced price. The hotel would get a reasonable amount of money for their empty room which, otherwise, they would have receive nothing. Everybody wins.

Well, Delta hotels in Canada, and especially this one, have found a way around this. They call it a 4 star hotel but it's not if you book on Priceline, hotwire, or a similar service that now many websites emulate. This hotel has many floors specially reserved for these "lower paying" customers. The beds do not have cushy toppers or fluffy comforters. The suites are missing furniture and may only include a nightstand and two chairs in the corner of what they consider the "living room". The "sofa," if there is one, is a smallish love seat barely big enough for two small behinds. The rooms are not 4 star. In my view what you get is a 2.5 star room.

So, I complained at the front desk and was met with silly arguments like "you wouldn't expect us to rent a penthouse for a Priceline rate." It was clear they had head this many times before. If it's advertized as a 4 star room, I expect a 4 star room. I complained the next day again, but this time I could find a manager and I was moved to a "regular" room which was much better. This proved I was correct in my assessment.

But, even these regular room room were no better than the mini-suites I've seen of the roadside chains. Not a 4 star downtown hotel.

Both Delta and Priceline need to clean up their act on this matter.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in one of the "Priceline rooms".
7 Thank mooseremote
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We appreciate all your comments as it enables us to improve our services for you and all of our future guests. I would be happy to chat with you further in more detail so that we can accommodate you for your next stay with us.

British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here 1 night in January 2012. Very nice rooms, beautiful linens, big bathroom. I liked the 'suite' layout with the separate bedroom, very cosy. Living room area was a good size too. Very friendly staff - we would definately return. Got a great deal on Hotwire.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room, especially the 'closed' style suite. We have multiple styles to meet every guests needs so I'm glad that this suite was the one for you! I will pass on your comments to our staff.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

nice hotel in a good location in downtown Vancouver.....rooms are nice, not good for families, but nice for couples etc...small suites but really not much room....one bathroom....we wanted a suite for 4 people and were happy not to be spending more than one night.....nice but.......

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank johnbalmer
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at our hotlel.

We do have a great location in the downtown core of Vancouver, making many of our attractions easily accessible. Although our rooms vary in size from about 400 to 500 square feet, we provide a variety of styles that meet most of our guest's needs. However, I would love the chance to talk with you further on the style of room you occupied during your stay so we might be able to improve your future stays with us.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here after working in Surrey, BC in the week. Wanted to enjoy downtown Vancouver for the weekend before heading home to Ontario. Got a great deal on Hotels.com for the room. Was able to check in a bit earlier than 3pm without any cost. Lady working the front desk was very helpful in assisting me with information I needed, maps for the area and where to find things like Starbuck's, good sushi, Skytrain station, etc. They also organized a cab for me for 6am the morning I left and let me use the Business Centre without any issue to check in for my flight online.
Reviews and even co-workers mentioned the hotel is in a rough part of town and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was out after dark both nights I stayed there, although not terribly late, and felt better knowing the doors to the hotel were locked on the less safe street sides. I knew this before returning, so came through the right entrance. You also need your room key to access the elevator for safety reasons too. I did not feel nearly as "unsafe" as i thought I would, as a woman, which was great.
The rooms weren't huge, but given it's downtown Vancouver, they were bigger than I expected. I found it a bit hard to find optimal room temperature but I managed to get myself more than comfortable to sleep both nights. You can also open your window a bit, which is great for a bit of fresh air with the dry heat of a hotel room in the winter.
I ordered room service one night, not a bad price for a hotel room service and the food was awesome. It was also very timely in it's delivery. Starbuck's is right across the street for breakfast and the Waterfront Station for the Skytrain is a 5 minute walk.
Room was clean, well equipped and bed was very comfortable. I thought it advertised an iHome station, so I assumed (as I've experienced) that there would be a docking station to recharge my iPod before my flight home.There was not and I forgot to ask about it.
Steam Works is a restaurant/pub just 2 blocks away from the hotel, along the waterfront and I highly recommend it for a casual pub experience. Beer was great, service was great and it was very close. It's got couches and comfy chairs as well as bar tables and stools. Went on a Friday night,very busy but good service and great local beer.
Delta was pretty central to tourist areas. Took the city bus to just before Stanley Park and walked from stop, across from the Lookout and walking distance to Robson Street (shopping). I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Lots of buses and travel at ground level. Was glad to have a higher room to avoid that noise as best...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly S
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that we were able to make you feel safe during your stay. Hope to welcome you back soon

Regards