“Fantastic Bell Captain”

Ranked #27 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Coldwater, Canada
“Fantastic Bell Captain”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of days at the hotel and it was a very good experience. One of your staff, Donnie Whalen the Bell captain, in particular made our stay very enjoyable. He has an extremely friendly and helpful manner and his kindness made our stay memorable. Thank you Donnie.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Mr. Malcolm S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites.

Donnie is definitely a key team player at our hotel and exemplifies our brand. I'm glad he made your experience memorable!

I will pass on your compliments to Donnie.

Doug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at Delta Vancouver Suites for business. I was very impressed with the service that was given at the Delta. The staff was friendly and seemed to genuinely be concerned about my stay.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

I had dinner at the hotel one night and it was very tasty!! The service was excellent.

I would recommend the Delta Suites to anyone wanting a clean, comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you back again.

Rob
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I LOVE the Delta Vancouver Suites and won't stay anywhere else in downtown Vancouver anymore! The location is amazing. I take the train from the Airport and just walk up to the hotel. There are lots of restaurants and shopping close by - I have eaten in the hotel restaurant too and it was good. The staff are the nicest I've met in all my travels and the service amazing...they will do anything for you! The rooms are large and always clean, and their beds are so comfortable which is really important to me! I wish there was a Delta Vancouver Suites in every city I have to travel to!

Room Tip: I seem to get a different suite layout every time I go, and they have all been great...higher up is...
2 Thank travelwizcanada
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear MFrench,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us!

We love to read reviews when our guests have had an extraordinary experience with us, it means that we are doing our job. I will definitely pass on your commnets to the rest of our staff.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a business trip. This was my third visit to the hotel and, as ever, the staff were incredibly friendly and were always willing to do that little extra to help. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms clean and spacious. The internet in the room was fast and reliable enough to let me get onto my office network in the UK and work with some reasonably large files. I also ate in the lounge downstairs one night and found the food to be surprisingly good value for eating in a chain hotel as well as good quality. This was due to a set menu being in use which gave you 3 courses for $28. The location is great for downtown and for getting to the North Shore.
I cannot find anything to fault this hotel over. This has become my hotel of choice in Vancouver and I am looking forward to returning when I am next visiting the city.

Dear tdng,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel.

Your comments will definitely be passed on to the rest of our staff.

As this is your third time at a Delta, have you ever joined up to our Delta Priviledge Loyalty program? If you have, wonderful then you have been taking advantage of the benefits already. If not, it would be my pleasure to sign you up. You can contact us at any time or call the Delta Priviledge hotline.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Vancouver Suites for 5 nights. Fantastic staff, incredibly attentive and helpful. The room was lovely. Make sure to ask for a high enough floor to enjoy the outstanding views.
Can’t beat it for location – 2 minute walk to Gastown, 5 minutes to the harbor front. Shopping galore; all the major stores and shops easily within walking distance. Ditto for restaurants and coffee spots. Stanley park is a very short bus or cab ride away.
We’ll definitely return.

1 Thank mshaw11
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear mmsmith_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of your stay.

I'm so glad you had such a great time and the view is outstanding, that is true! I will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of the staff.

We hope to have you stay with again soon.

remote,OR
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I am a regular user of Priceline "name your price" hotel scheme. The whole idea behind it was that when hotels have unsold space, they might as well fill it up. A cheaper price is still better to the hotel than an empty room. If it were a 4 star hotel, you'd get a 4 star room and 4 star service at a reduced price. The hotel would get a reasonable amount of money for their empty room which, otherwise, they would have receive nothing. Everybody wins.

Well, Delta hotels in Canada, and especially this one, have found a way around this. They call it a 4 star hotel but it's not if you book on Priceline, hotwire, or a similar service that now many websites emulate. This hotel has many floors specially reserved for these "lower paying" customers. The beds do not have cushy toppers or fluffy comforters. The suites are missing furniture and may only include a nightstand and two chairs in the corner of what they consider the "living room". The "sofa," if there is one, is a smallish love seat barely big enough for two small behinds. The rooms are not 4 star. In my view what you get is a 2.5 star room.

So, I complained at the front desk and was met with silly arguments like "you wouldn't expect us to rent a penthouse for a Priceline rate." It was clear they had head this many times before. If it's advertized as a 4 star room, I expect a 4 star room. I complained the next day again, but this time I could find a manager and I was moved to a "regular" room which was much better. This proved I was correct in my assessment.

But, even these regular room room were no better than the mini-suites I've seen of the roadside chains. Not a 4 star downtown hotel.

Both Delta and Priceline need to clean up their act on this matter.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in one of the "Priceline rooms".
7 Thank mooseremote
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We appreciate all your comments as it enables us to improve our services for you and all of our future guests. I would be happy to chat with you further in more detail so that we can accommodate you for your next stay with us.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here 1 night in January 2012. Very nice rooms, beautiful linens, big bathroom. I liked the 'suite' layout with the separate bedroom, very cosy. Living room area was a good size too. Very friendly staff - we would definately return. Got a great deal on Hotwire.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room, especially the 'closed' style suite. We have multiple styles to meet every guests needs so I'm glad that this suite was the one for you! I will pass on your comments to our staff.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future!