“Happiest hotel in Canada”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Perth
“Happiest hotel in Canada”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My friend and I recently spent 4 nights here and really enjoyed our stay. Good location a short walk to downtown bus and train stations as well as to Gastown. All staff here were genuinely friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the lovely lady who delivers chocolate and water to the room at night. Special mention to the ladies in the signature lounge who make new guests welcome and obviously have a great relationship with returning guests, I can see why people return. Also a special mention to the good staff at the lounge bistro who dealt with a lady becoming drunk and disruptive very professionally whilst we were there and maintaine a high level of service to other diners enjoying the wonderful food. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Figgles81,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

The safety and security, and of course our guest's enjoyment, are our first and foremost priority, so I'm happy to read that you had a wonderful experience. I will pass on your comments to the staff.

I hope you return soon.

Doug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Victoria BC
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The room was wall to wall windows and we had an amazing view of downtown Vancouver. The king-size bed and feather duvet was so comfortable we stayed in our room all night. The hotel is conveniently located to the main skytrain station. You can take the skytrain directly to the River Rock Casino.

Room Tip: The higher the better...for a great view!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback, glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms.

Hope you had alot of luck at the River Rock Casino!

Montreal
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Good rate and service at this Delta, whose the open foyer reception stands stressing an "express" type of service, at least this was my impression (which is not a critique). Clean rooms, free wifi (at least in my package) and warm cookie on check-in always appreciated -- it's the small things that count. Location is not far from waterfront and gastown. Really comfy bed and pillows.

Room Tip: higher the better (and I'm referring to the room...)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Seat11A ,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at our hotel, we are glad that you were able to appreciate your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Robert
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the place to stay if want a downtown feel close to Gastown and the Convention centre.
Rooms are nice and modern, clean and functional.....

One of the cities favorites!

Room Tip: Higher the better for the mountain and harbour View
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank disco-dale
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you so much for providing your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to take this hotel up on their groupon deal which was about $128 per night (parking and internet access included). The room was clean and beautiful. It was a corner suite so we had great views. Every staff members we encountered was helpful and friendly. They even gave us delicious, warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in. Nothing says have a happy stay better than chocolate! So they already scored points with me. The hotel isn't in the seediest part of hastings, but it's still not a great area. Compared to the street, the hotel is like a palace. Starbucks directly across the street. Five minute walk to Tim Horton's & 7-11. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner unit.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Ms. Nicole S.,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us.

It's wonderful to read that you and your boyfriend had such an amazying time and I'm glad to hear that you were able to book with the Groupon package, it is a great deal!

And that chocolate chip cookie is one of our great little perks . . . I'm glad your a chocoalte lover, as am I!!!

I hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I often stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites for Business as it has a great location right downtown. I often don't have to rent a car for meetings as I can walk from this central location. The staff are always so helpful, everyone, including the great housekeeping staff, say hi and have a big smile on their faces! Makes you feel welcomed - especially as some of them now remember me! I particularly like having a Starbucks right across the street - very handy when in a rush. Couple of things to keep in mind - sometimes the views are not that great. And....the lounge isn't the coziest place to eat or drink - bit too open plan for me. However, Vancouver has a plethora of fabulous restaurants to choose from. The rooms are what make the hotel a nice place to stay too - I like having the sliding door between the bedroom and the rest of the suite. Always very clean - and I'm picky! Big 'shout-out' to Sothea (sp?) at the front desk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location.

I will be sure to share your nice comments about our front desk agent Sothea and hope to welcome you back soon

Coldwater, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of days at the hotel and it was a very good experience. One of your staff, Donnie Whalen the Bell captain, in particular made our stay very enjoyable. He has an extremely friendly and helpful manner and his kindness made our stay memorable. Thank you Donnie.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Mr. Malcolm S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites.

Donnie is definitely a key team player at our hotel and exemplifies our brand. I'm glad he made your experience memorable!

I will pass on your compliments to Donnie.