Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We travelled to Vancouver with our 2 boys (8 & 9yrs) and had a wonderful trip. The staff at the Delta were amazing. They gave the boys a package of toys and chocolate chip cookies when we checked in. They were very helpful in assisting us in making reservations or giving us suggestions on things to do in the city. The only downside is that the rooms are a bit small for a family of 4. It is in a great location and easy to get to transportation. We will definately stay here again!

Stayed: April 2012
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that you and your family felt so welcomed. We strive to make every guest's experience, even the little ones, a memorable one. I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the staff.

I hope we will have the pleasure of accommodating you on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites

Reviewed 10 April 2012

This location is not right next to the other 4 or 5 stars hotel such as the Fairmont and right on the edge of the more questionable area of vancouver. when you look out your window, you will see some very interesting shops and businesses. it is quite far from Robson street but completely doable. this hotel definitely needs a facelift and the staff claimed it will happen in the next few years. the rooms are clean but definitely not worthy of 4 stars. the price is somewhat high for what you get. BUT, the service i received, almost, made up for the oudated rooms and location. we met w/ Genalia in the hospitality suite and she was incredibly gracious and decent. in fact, most of the staff were really great. although, there are a couple front desk staff that were not as warm and friendly as they could be. the hotel has this really weird open table check in/out area and i really disliked it. it must have been some kind of experiment in the past to be closer to their guests. but, i find it really annoying to be standing so close to the person checking me in or out of the hotel. i hope they change that configuration when the remodel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Love2taste

Dear Love2Taste,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us as they allow us to improve our standards for our guests. However, I'm also glad to read that what made your stay was our great customer service!! I will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of the staff.

I hope we will have the chance to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I spent two days at the Delta Vancouver Suites over the Easter Weekend, and like most of the reviewers, we were quite impressed. This was our first visit to this hotel, although we have been frequent visitors to other Delta Hotels.

By way of full disclosure, because of those visits, we were able to use an available upgrade which moved us from the regular room we booked and paid for, to a Signature Club room on the 21st floor, with a view to Burrard Inlet.

Other than the view, the room itself was fairly standard, but came with all the basics, robes, great wifi and a very comfortable bed. Other than an oddly shaped sink, there is nothing to complain about. The really great thing about the Signature Club rooms is the free breakfast in the morning and snacks in the afternoon. Breakfast was first rate, and included something hot, either pancakes or french toast in our case.

Like pretty well all the Vancouver hotels, it's downtown, and in this case on the eastern edge, which made many things walking distance, including BC Place and the hockey arena. Parking was included in our rate, which is a good thing because it seems to be quite expensive otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Hazley,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience. We will definitely use this information to ensure that we stay consistent in providing a great experience for all of our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay!!! Rooms are clean comfy and i can not say enough about the staff each and every staff member that we interacted with were amazing friendly and ever so helpful !!!!! I would recommend that you stay here Alison who checked us in was freindly and fun !!!Your wish is there command AMAZING !!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear happyonvacation44,

We are glad to hear that you have been so impressed by our hotel! Thank you very much for the great feedback. Look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

During a recent skiing holiday to Whistler, my partner John broke his leg and was transferred to a hospital in Vancouver. As we were staying in a Delta Suites in Whistler, we transferred to Delta Vancouver for the remainder of our stay. The staff at Delta Suites could not be friendlier. Allison greeted me on arrival and heard my sorry story, made several offers during my stay to help with ANYTHING. Daniel bought my luggage to the room, again hearing my story, helped me with advice on how to get to Lions Gate hospital each day to visit John. When John returned to the hotel, Donnie organised for additional pillows, blankets and foot stool to be delivered to our room when he saw what had happened.

The down town location was great for me as I could go into town each day for a few hours while we were hold up in Vancouver waiting for the insurance company to organise our trip home to New Zealand.

We had to organise an additional night and very late checkout, which was not problem even though the hotel was very busy.

I cannot remember everyone's name who showed a great deal of concern and willingness to help, we could not have asked for a better place to be.

If the Delta staff read this, again Cheryl and John from New Zealand send a big THANK YOU for all your help and concern for us. If we are ever back in Vancouver we would definitely be staying at the Delta Suites.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Cheryl and John,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

I am so happy to read that we were able to leave such a lasting impression on you. Taking care of our guests in a way that is above their expectations is what we do best!
I will definitely pass on your comments to our staff.

We hope you will have a chance to come visit us again and John, we wish you a quick and painless recovery.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I used a Groupon to stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites with some friends before we headed back to the East Coast after a ski trip in Whistler. From the second we walked into the hotel, the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful (we even got cookies when we checked in!). The room that we stayed in was fine - nothing outstanding but it was pretty clean. The suite 'living room' had a pretty outdated tv and old furniture but we had a nice view of the city.

The front desk was really helpful in suggesting fun things to do in Vancouver for the few hours that I had before my flight. I stored my luggage there before I left for the airport and it was an easy 2 block walk to the train that goes to the airport. The hotel is in a great location - near some restaurants and tourist spots. I'd definitely consider staying here again if I go back to Vancouver for the customer service alone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
drdeltaDVS, Assistant Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear mgottlieb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

It is wonderful to here that your stay was so pleasent and we hope you will join us again for another enjoyable experience. I will pass on your comments to our staff.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We managed to have a bit of an early check in and a bit of a late check out which was very accommodating. Everyone was so helpful and willing to do anything extra to make our stay great. The staff were very friendly, rooms clean and modern and lots of amenities. The location was with walking distance to so many things.I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
rbarcelon, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Tana H,

Thank you so much for your great feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience and are happily able to recommend us!

We look forward to having you again!