Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was great at the front desk and in the lounge. Room was nicely updated. Location is very convenient to Gastown and shopping on Granville and Robson is a short walk away. Super happy with this experience overall.

Room Tip: we had a corner suite with full glass floor to ceiling windows- loved it
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My fiancé and I stayed here the night he proposed to me. He booked the king suite for one night and it was absolutely perfect! The bed was soft and comfy, the room was clean, the hotel coffee was pretty standard, and the bathroom was really nice. We had a good view of the Harbour Centre, and we really enjoyed our stay. The only thing to look out for is they asked for $50 deposit that we were unaware of, but they just take the money on hold off of your card, and put it back once you check out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loralovessushi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed five nights at this Delta hotel for a business trip. The rooms were newly renovated and immaculately clean.The restaurant served a wonderful breakfast and every night there was a happy hour from 3 to 6 in Spencer's. All the staff were friendly and accommodating.

I phoned ahead a couple days before arrival, as I knew that I would be arriving several hours before checkin. They couldn't guarantee anything​, but when i arrived at 11:00 am... my room was ready.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Joendonna
Sarah A, Room Operations Supervisor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joendonna,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I am glad to hear that our team members were so accommodating and you were even able to get checked in before our usual check in time. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Regards,
Sarah

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This hotel was perfect. The location was fantastic as you could walk to gastown, Canada place, the hockey and football stadiums all in about 5 minutes. The hotel apparently had been renovated recently so all the rooms are suites and they are nice and clean! Modern touches throughout and a ridiculously comfortable bed. Finally, the staff is wonderful. We had interactions with Elwin, Rachel and Brad among others and each person was amazing. Whether is was finding us a deal on bike rentals, suggesting a delicious restaurant nearby or just suggesting a local activity to do, they were all fantastic. We never felt we were wasting their time and they were genuinely interested in us. We will definitely be back and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best chance at a water view!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PandaPam41114
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Delta hotel and I was quite impressed with the size of the room! There were two of us, and the larger sized suite allowed us to not be cramped in the room. The hotel is very close to all the happening places in the downtown area, short walk to a few great bars and restaurants. The Vietnamese place connected to the hotel was delicious!! I enjoyed this hotel and would definitely return!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SCNick1217
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The hotel is very well located close to Canada Place, where the cruise ships an be boarded. The rooms are suites and beautiful. The decor is very modern and the two flat panel TV are big and have many channel choice, both American and Canadian.
Staff is extremely helpful.
Walking distance of a lot of the downtown.
Many restaurant options.
2 minutes walk form Gastown.

Room Tip: Higher floor, better view of downtown
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fonfon2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My Hubby is not easily impressed, but when we got up to the room and he opened the door he was like oh my gosh, he went to the room next door where our son was staying because he wanted to show him our awesome room, He had no idea that son's room was just as nice.
Check in was super easy. We had just got off a cruise and had our bags (backpack only) with us. It was before 11:00 AM and our room was not ready yet, but the ? manager went ahead and checked us in and took our bags so that we could go explore the city. He texted us promptly when both rooms were ready. Still before actual check in time. We got rooms I believe on the 9th floor. Ours was a corner room and son's was the next room to the right. Out our windows was a view of the Vancouver Lookout. If you looked carefully between the Lookout on the left and the building on the right, you did have an ocean view. If you have ever been to the Space Needle in Seattle, this is Vancouver's version. We did not visit the Lookout as it was $17.50 CA and I didn't really feel it would be worth it, but I did watch the two elevators go up and down the outside of the building wondering what it was all night until I asked the next day.
The hotel is really pretty. There were several places to sit and hang out. The hotel offers room service for a fee of course. What I liked is that you needed to use your room key both to get into elevator, and to get to your room. the beds were super comfy and I did not hear a peep from the hallway the entire stay. The rooms were all suite style with a couch that is also a bed and a tv in one room and bed with another tv in the other room. New and modern furnishings. Great bathroom. Offers room service for a fee. I believe they have restaurant, but did not try. No free breakfast, but did have coffee maker.

Every employee that I encountered was exceptional. One in particular Rachel, guest service agent went beyond my expectations. She was very helpful and friendly. When asking her where we should go for dinner and if there were a pharmacy near by, she gave us great directions." A pharmacy is close by. Just across the street, down the pink alley, but it's a safe alley, don't worry." The pharmacy was exactly where she said it was. As for recommendations on where to eat, she gave us several that were just maybe a ten minute walk in the downtown area.

We ended up eating at Nuba. We had never had Lebanese food before, so we didn't know what to expect. It was surprisingly good. Walking around downtown, even after dark, we never felt unsafe. No one bothered us and people were very friendly there in Vancouver. For dessert we wanted cheesecake. I remembered seeing a place that said they had Vancouver's best cheesecake. It was really just a hole in the wall and a coffee joint at that, but they had really good cheesecake. Trees Organic Coffee, just around the corner from the hotel.
Not often do I stop and take a manager aside, but I had to tell the manager of this Delta Suite Hotel what a great employee they had in Rachel and to hang onto her! If we come back to Vancouver, possibly for a cruise in the near future, we will most definatley stay here at the Delta Vancouver Downtown Suites and look for Rachel.

Room Tip: view of the lookout and possibly the ocean
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank familyoutdoors
Caitlynn S, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear familyoutdoors,

Thank you for your absolutely lovely review!
I was so pleased to read that you loved and enjoyed our newly renovated suites but more so that you had an exceptional time in our beautiful city.

Thank you for your kind comments about Rachel. I was sure to share them with her and our entire team. You are 100% correct, we are VERY lucky to have her!

I hope you visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to Vancouver.

Warm Regards,