“Great hotel until...”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
“Great hotel until...”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is conveniently located and tha parking is very reasonable. The young man at the desk was very polite and accomodating. The room was very comfortable; great beds.Easy walk to downtown sites and restaurants. One night we wanted to stay closeby for dinner and the young man at the desk (same one who checked us in) recommneded a fantastic restaurant just a few blocks away. A couple of problems - the shower head was far from perfect - the water was "clumpy" with some holes not producing any flow, others dumping water down your back. We could have asked for it to be fixed but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker. On the second night the toilet wouldn't stop running. Again, we could have called about it but it started when we got back from dinner and we just wanted to get to bed. The next morning, however, we we re awakened by the very loud sounds of construction on a new building right outside our windows - at about 6:30 am. At checkout we mentioned the shower head and the toilet needed attention. We also mentioned they may just want to warn people when they arrive (if they weren't made aware during reservations) that there would be construction noises Monday through friday. We were told there were earplugs in the nightstand but we weren't told about them until checkout. The person at checkout was extremely polite and truly seemed to appreacite our suggestion that a note be put in the rooms or be given at arrival. We were not upset about the issues - just wanted to make her aware of our concerns. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would definietly go back to the Georgian Court. On the way to the garage we realized we were not charged for parking. The woman had, on her own, just removed the charge to help compensate for our inconvenience. I would definietly go back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ucluelet, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here a week ago and really enjoyed it. Nice location within walking distance to most downtown areas. Plus, they have complementary bikes to use if you're tired of walking! Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. Nice room. View was lacking as we were next to new construction, but what can you do?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at the Georgian Court for a week last month. It is a fabulous hotel! The rooms are clean, well-appointed with lovely Aveda products, slippers, and robes! It is a great home away from home. The beds are so comfortable - it was hard to get up in the mornings! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vancouver for business or pleasure. The location is great - close to shopping on Robson, great restaurants in Gastown and Yaletown, and of course the sports facilities are right across the street!

Room Tip: The corner suites are a great size for two people - ask for a view of BC Place.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jillp76
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We purchased a "yahoo Travelzoo" special for the Georgian Court, and feel that we got an exceptional deal for a very nice hotel. All of the personnel that we dealt with in the hotel were very helpful and friendly. It was located at the bottom of Robson street - and very convenient to walk downtown to various attractions (also directly across from BC place). The first night we ate at Frankies Italian Kitchen in the hotel. Both the food and the service were excellent! We would definitely go back again - and recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimgull
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I dropped off my bags at 11am and they told me my room was already ready for me, I had a meeting to go to before that so when I arrived at 3pm they greeted me by name and the check in process only took a matter of minutes. When we got to our room it was breathtaking with clean the rooms were and the lovely Aveda products. After we got settled in we went down to the hot tub and steam room they were very well kept and very clean. In the morning there was complementary tea and coffee and a paper waiting outside my door! Check out went very well and I left with a smile on my face :)

Room Tip: Try to get a high level room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kvos1
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I don't even know where to begin-My husband and I travelled to Vancouver for a small get away vacation in Vancouver through travelzoo local deals-we had experienced a lovely holiday from travelzoo so I don't know what happened here-Now a hotel does not have control over a drilling at the building site next door-but seriously, this was just way out of line-people swarmed the lobby in the afternoon because the sound was so loud-

I wouldn't recommend this one travelzoo who are so big now they probably don't care about little people like you and me-

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gail k
Victoria
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I made my reservation 3 weeks previously, and was assured that I would have an orchid room. That was not the case when I arrived. The hotel was sold out, an NHL game was on and they are very close and handy to the Rogers arena, for all you hockey fans!!
I think they gave me the last room, which was on the 3rd floor right by the elevators, and right out the window was where the construction zone was. Now to be fair, in very tiny print they wrote the following on my thank you for booking :
As a downtown property, city construction is part of our urban environment landscape. With that said, there is a new development project within our vicinity. We are committed to providing you with the utmost of comfort and superior service. Please feel free to contact us with any special requests.
I think that handing out ear plugs upon check in would be a good idea. Since I wasn't given an orchid room,(the 10th floor is called the orchid floor and has special amenities for us ladies!)the night clerk had sent up a basket of these goodies, which was very nice.
The bed was very comfortable ,and the room very clean.
The check in service was pleasant and efficient and really only said the orchid rooms are based on availability at check in, and a request is not a guarantee even though I'd been assured of it when I made the reservation on the phone. And they would move me the next day.
It should not have come as a surprise to be woken up at 7:30 to jack hammers.... but it was!
And I know it isn't their fault. Hence the ear plug note at the beginning. I wonder if they could inquire with guests at check-in , if they were early risers or hoping to sleep in..and give out the rooms accordingly. I had an important medical appointment, and had hoped for a quiet gentle start to my up coming appointments.
I just left my room as quickly as possible, besides the noise , the wireless internet (also free, thank you), kept cutting out.
I left my packed bags, as I was told they would move them to my new room while I was out.
When I returned in the late afternoon, I was given an orchid room... What a treat.. Better linen, a comfy sofa and several magazines too. But no bags. The desk clerk couldn't find them. I suggested he look in my old room, and he showed up with them shortly thereafter.
If I had had this room for both nights , my review would have had top rating.
This room was on the opposite side from the construction, thank goodness.
When I checked out, I asked what the policy was regarding giving out the rooms. No real answer, although I was given the managers card and told he would be able to answer the questions better.
It was great that parking was included in the price too. I definitely will go back again. It has a lovely look and feel. And perhaps the construction will be over....

Room Tip: check about the construction status and request a confirmation letter that you will not be on that s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo