I read all the reviews on here and thought it looked like a nice place to stay, so I booked us for all 9 nights we were in Vancouver. They gave us a discounted rate for staying so long (I think it was corporate rate) but I realized that didn't include wifi so I called and they comped the internet since we'd be staying so long. When we arrived we were told that only one device was covered for wifi and it would be an additional $15/day per device. My boyfriend does this (networks) for work, and that's the whole reason for the visit. Since I'm staying with him I need to entertain myself while he's at work and I use the internet for that. So we need at least 2 devices, and that's before our tablets and 3rd laptop. We got to the room and the internet was shotty, we had to keep putting in the password. If they are charging $15/day/device, you'd think they'd be able to afford the best of the best, highest speed internet. But after the first day, we discovered this was absolutely not the case when the internet went out. We couldn't log on at all, and when we called the desk they said "maybe it will be fixed tomorrow",, tomorrow came and it was "maybe tonight" but the bf had some coworkers coming in to join him & stay in the same hotel. We all cancelled our reservations and went to Georgian Court (which was great). They were allowing guests to use wired internet at their single kiosk for 15 minutes at a time but the line was full of angry guests...it was not pleasant waiting in line to find a new hotel.
That's not all, the kitchens are from the 50's- completely metal and grimy. Our fridge wasn't working so we had to ask someone to come show us how to turn it on. Being so old it was hard to figure out the little plug in the back controls the temperature.
The beds were hard, but I don't mind that usually. These were bad though. The carpets were gross & grimy and the bathroom was too small for 2 people. There were no full length mirrors and the lighting was bad.
The breakfast was decent at least. Fruit, muffins coffee & tea-continental breakfast. But the exercise room was pitiful. I thought it was a storage room when we arrived, but when I went to use it, yikes. It is on the ground level, with window walls looking out to the driveway where people and taxis come & go. There were a couple of outdated machines, one was unplugged and "out of service" sign was on it.
There were white stains on the curtains (I can only imagine) and what looked like vomit stains on the carpet. This would be an ok place to stay (for less money) if you were going to a game or just wanted to party and were leaving the next day. And didn't have to shower.
The shower curtains are really cheap and suck in while you shower, so you have to push them out or put weights on them. This results in a flood every time you shower and there isn't enough space in the bathroom to hold all the towels you will need to use to mop up.
It feels like everything in this hotel came from a garage sale. There wasn't even any stuffing left in the couch. It's gross, I would never stay here again unless it was free. Even then only maybe.
At least the staff was friendly and accommodating. I almost feel bad leaving such a bad review. The owner should stop being stingy with the money you charge people and splurge on quality furniture, flooring, internet, etc. Stop buying from old estate sales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the entertainment and sports district, the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel offers you comfort and relaxation, with water and mountain views, in a perfect central location. We are a very short walking distance to Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Westside Church, and historic Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown.Discover fabulous shops and cafes along the way. Choose from our array of one and two bedroom suites with 2 doubles, queen-size and/or king-size beds. Every suite offers the comforts of home with fully equipped galley kitchens for people who love to have that convenience. Need to stay connected? You can access WiFi throughout the hotel. Need to relax? Enjoy our indoor lap pool and whirlpool or find a touch of nature in our second floor garden terrace. Fitness on your mind? The poolside lobby fitness area has treadmills and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosedale on Robson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosedale Robson
- Rosedale On Robson Hotel Vancouver
- Rosedale On Robson Vancouver
- Rosedale Hotel Vancouver