“A Cozy and Charming B&B”

West End Guest House
Ranked #1 of 55 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2012

West End Guest House is a charming B&B centrally located in Vancouver that offers comfortable accommodations, delicious and beautifully prepared breakfasts, and evening treats like sherry and cookies. Evan and Ron are terrific hosts who go out of their way for special requests ( we had a birthday celebration) and attend to every detail. The house is cozy, richly decorated and is a wonderful getaway. One can even watch a movie as there is a large selection to choose from and a DVD player in each room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I highly recommend this B&B. The hosts are great, the decor is sumptuous with lots of antiques, the comfort level is fabulous! The breafasts were delicious and quite filling. Attention to details, like homemade baking and notes. You get spoiled! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Spent only 1 quick day and night at West End Guest house at the end of our trip to BC, and wished we could have stayed longer! Host Evan was very gracious and accommodating, and prepared a wonderful breakfast. Really appreciated all his wonderful restaurant and attraction recommendations. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to all friends and family.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

On a quiet residential street close to all downtown attactions, the owners provide very warm and personalized service.

Room Tip: All rooms are attractive, some a bit small.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the West End Guest house in 2010 and my wife still reminds me of our time here. The attention to detail was superb, the breakfasts exquisite and the whole experience really could not be bettered. Although expensive in season, you really will not regret your choice if you stay at the WEGH!

1  Thank J E
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here based on TA reviews and happy we did. The neighborhood is great for being a tourist as restaurants, Stanley Park, theatres, public transportation are only minutes away. We stayed in a standard king and it was nicely appointed and the sheets were, as another guest said at the breakfast table "like being wrapped in a hug." It's a quiet neighborhood that makes for quiet sleep. The breakfasts were different each morning and delicious - fresh fruit and baked goods, smoothies, various egg dishes - the coffee strong and hot. One guest remarked that her special dietary needs were accommodated with a smile AND remembered(guess that hasn't always been her experience). The house is filled with pictures and all sorts of things that imply a large history but we didn't get to any of that (out the door early - returned late) though the hosts are more than helpful with any information you might need. If nothing else we figured that the "lost houses of West End" mural that was in our bathroom said a great deal about the past. We thank our hosts for a wonderful first time trip to Vancouver and we will return!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I never feel quite so civilized as I do when I come to stay at the West End Guest House. My wife and I have been a regular guests of Evan's over the past 20 years (well, almost 20 years now), and it's always a great pleasure to be staying in a home which is in itself one of the highlights of the trip. All of the rooms are lovely (and I've stayed in all of them!), the food is always excellent, and if you want to take a break from shopping or sightseeing, it's nice to just sit by the fire in the parlour, reading the paper and sharing a pot of tea. (And it's only at the WEGH I ever indulge in aperitifs before going out to dinner.)

Besides being an exemplary host on our visits, Evan has also been an invaluable source for tips on home renovations (we used to own a Victoria-era house), bedding and mattresses (we're always asking since his mattresses and feather beds are very comfortable) and even the pros and cons of eye-laser surgery (my wife followed Evan's lead and had the procedure done). And of course he knows the usual things about where to eat and visit and all that.

Even purely from a price perspective, in my opinion it's an excellent value compared to any of the downtown hotels, especially considering the gourmet breakfast.

And in regards to the breakfast: it's worth noting that my wife and are somewhat restricted in what we eat, but it's never a problem for Evan and his staff, and they are always happy to accommodate us, and the results are always delicious.

I won't repeat every detail about the service and hospitality and amenities that you will experience at this jewel of a B&B, though I can say that I did read through many of the reviews (all of them excellent - I didn't see any bad ones anyway) and everything that was said was true! I've stayed at the WEGH probably 50 times (I used to stay here when I'd be on business trips to Vancouver) and every visit has been a great pleasure, and I have nothing but good memories of the time I've spent there.

Room Tip: I've stayed in all of the rooms and I think they're all excellent. The "cozy double&quo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple