Granville Island Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,336 results
All reviewsdockside restaurantpublic marketgreat locationart gallerieswater viewthe penthouseboutique hotelfront desk staffeasy accessdowntown vancouversea wallwonderful hotelstanley parkcreekgiaquabuswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Granville Island is pretty happening during the day, but quiet at night. This property is very nicely kept, and staff are very good. Seemed reasonably priced for Vancouver. They do charge extra for parking but it seems reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel was recommended to me and I was very impressed. the rooms were well appointed and modern. The resuarant was excellent but lets face it, it's location, location, location. What a wonderful spot. I will be returning. The only change I would make is a better equiped fitness centre.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We really appreciate it.

The hotel is currently drawing up new plans for the Fitness area! We will keep you posted as developments arise.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I don't usually stay in upscale hotels because cheaper hotels (if carefully chosen) offer far better value for money and because I don't care for the usual obsequious staff, dripping venom. Sensitive of me, but there you go.

This time was, however, a business trip and I had no choice. Happily, the Granville Island Hotel was different. The room was nice enough and everything was clean. The coffee pot didn't work but was exchanged promptly. The Docksider Restaurant was okay, too.

Surprisingly, the best thing was the hotel staff. Very pleasant, friendly and accommodating. Not a sign of venom. I liked them and they didn't seem to dislike me. Perfect.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Vancouver and elsewhere, both up and downscale, and this one was good. The location is wonderful and we loved the views of False Creek.

Room Tip: Views of the condo towers and marinas on False Creek would be spectacular but we enjoyed overlooking the park, too. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

In Vancouver for business, we wanted a boutique-type hotel, something with some personality. We loved the Granville Island Hotel. Clean and quiet, superb restaurant on the premises, great access to downtown and fabulous artsy island to explore. Staff were very friendly and genuinely interested in our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NitpickerCaroline
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in March. We ususally stay on English Bay when we visit Vancouver, so this was very different for us. Loved being on Granville Island. There are lots of great pathways for running. Tons of restaurants and shopping very close by. The hotel itself was clean, staff friendly, great restaurant and lounge that we used several times. The view of false creek from the dining room/lounge was really lovely. Our room, although a king-sized bed, was directly over the front entry-way, so it was a bit noisey in the early morning when the local running group met at 7:30 for their Saturday run. That being said, the hotel gave us the corporate rate even though the course that I was registered for was cancelled, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the creek.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple