After my first night at the Vancouver Airport Hilton, I moved downtown. As I had to self fund the weekend in between business stays, I stayed at the Hampton Inn, partly because it was cheap, partly because I wanted the Hilton points, and partly because it was convenient for the NHL at Rogers Arena.
Despite an early arrival, I was able to check in straight away, and I was given a suite. It was, quite honestly, the best room I have ever had in a Hampton Inn. It was larger than my apartment, with a sizeable kitchen, a large living room, and a large bedroom. The bathroom was standard size.
It was spotless - I could not find anything to complain about at all in terms of cleanliness. The towels were large and soft, and the amenities, whilst being the standard Hampton amenities, were plentiful.
The kitchen area was equipped with a dual hob, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, and various electricals. There was also a coffee maker, as expected in any room, with a plentiful supply of sugar and coffee. The living room and bed room both had large flat screen televisions.
The view was nothing to write home about, being as it was of the construction site next door, but this did not affect me at all. WiFi was free and I was able to connect multiple devices - iPad, iPhone and work laptop with no issue.
Location was good - a little further from the airprot Skytrain than I expected, but still only 5 or 6 blocks. I had tickets for the Canucks hockey, and Roger's arena is only about 3 blocks away...very convenient.
I could mark the hotel down on the breakfast - but with Hampton's in North America, you know what it is going to be - it was not exotic, but certainly adequate. The biggest downsize to the breakfast was the horde of screaming toddlers on morning 1, who seems to regard the buffet island as an obstacle to run around, and the fact that on morning 2, I seemed to be the only person at breakfast NOT wearning pyjamas (I was in normal day clothes I hasten to add!).
An excellent property in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn