“Great Customer Service, Great Location, Great Times!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Hotel Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Canada
“Great Customer Service, Great Location, Great Times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed in this Hotel for 2 night stay.
To summarize, the hotel rooms were comfortable, had A/C and were clean.
As for the customer service, we had a little dilema with the parking, someone threw a rock at our windsheild causing a little crack. This had nothing to do with the hotel, but as a good samaritan the fron desk offered no extra cost on our second party sharing the room and gave us free of charge on the parking.

The location is between all the hot spots and I would recomend this hotel to anybody that likes hotspots.

Thank you again to the staff of Howard Johnson for your understanding and great service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris_H_10_87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Czech first
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I was impressed with this boutique hotel offering a very clean and comfortable suite in the heart of Vancouver for an affordable price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stay at the Howard Johnson many times a year and would never even consider staying anywhere else. The amazing, helpful service from Gabriella and the rest of the front desk staff is something that will keep me going back for years. This hotel has a great central location in downtown Vancouver and is within walking distance to almost anywhere you might want to go. Rooms are very clean and cozy, awesome for the reasonable price they provide. This place is great, I would and do recommend this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank CanuckLover17
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

My good friend Justin and I travel from Kamloops to Van several times a year to take in Canucks games, and for the past 3 years we've stayed at this hotel for every trip that we've made. We have never had a negative experience, and have been very pleased with the service that we've received and I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

My husband and I just recently spent a May weekend at the Howard Johnson. The hotel is located in a busy part of town, and after a long flight we were looking forward to a good rest. The girl at the reception gave us a quiet room on the top floor and in addition the room was very cozy and clean. We also noticed that the Hotel Lobby was always full of people and that the hotel staff were accommodating to all. This was our first stay in Vancouver and we had lots of questions which were kindly answered by the receptionist. We were also very grateful for all the helpful tips on what to see in Vancouver, where to dine, places to avoid and also how to get around the city! Everybody was very friendly. We had lovely stay and when we come back to Vancouver we will definitely stay in HoJo!

Stayed 4nights in May

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

came here a few months ago with my friends, as a university student it is nice to find a moderately priced hotel in downtown Vancouver. Its location is excellent being close ON granville street and 4 blocks away from robson and a 10 min walk to rogers arena. I think location is very important when booking a hotel. Also the staff was extremely friendly and check-in was very quick and efficient. The rooms are kept very nice and clean. Even though it is an older building, everything is kept perfectly and it feels nice and cozy. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I arrived at this hotel at 12.30 am the incompetent employee behind the desk couldnt read my booking form properly (even though is was sent to me by them) and told us that we couldnt stay as the reservation wasnt in my name but my bosses and that only he could check in.
As she was holding the paper work , I was initially taking her word for it and asked her to let us stay and that we would get our boss to confirm in the morning as he has 3 young kids and would be asleep. she said that that was impossible, even though we had all the paper work. In reality my name WAS on the confirmation form, but she couldnt see it. She was incredibly rude, even though we hadnt done anything to provoke her.
She asked me for a credit card even though it was to be charged to my bosses card, saying it was just to hold. Without authorization she put an authorized the payment with my checking card, which now means I have no access to that money, if she had stated that she would do a temporary charge, I would have used my cc.
The next day when I went to give them my bosses cc, I found out that they had put a hold on my money in my checking.
The next day the next agent at the desk was even ruder then the firs, if that was possible and told me that she was "pregnant and didnt need this" and refused to even entertain my grievance of the unauthorized transaction.
When I came back to the desk after having to make an international call on my cell phone to get my banks fax# that she claimed that she needed to reverse the charge, I suggested, very calmly that if she couldnt deal with a complaint from a customer, because she was pregnant then she should hand over any such complaints to someone that could. The sarcasm dripped from her as she said she "thanked me for my suggestion"
I am going to see the manager tomorrow, although i wont hold my breath for an apology.
At no point in dealing with these 2 different employees did I get any kind of an apology, in fact they suggested and intimated that I was the idiot here and that i should shut my mouth.
I was upset by their unprovoked treatment of me that I was unable to go to dinner, I had completely lost my appetite, thank you HO JO for completely ruined my last night in beautiful Vancouver.
NOT ONLY THAT MY COLLEAGUE IS COMPLETELY COVERED IN BITE FROM GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels