1,287 results
All reviews canada place great location cruise terminal hardwood floors vancouver downtown waterfront station convention center an older hotel budget hotel walking distance mini fridge short stay few blocks one night stay canada line water front would stay here again
Reviewed April 10, 2018

-Friendly Staff
-Room was good, not the most soundproof
-Breakfast included was simple and quick, good for us
-Parking was extra however most older hotels have this issue with no parking. A map and proper directions was provided by staff which is good. Enjoy the downtown Van walk anways.
-No frills type place, but very clean and comfortable.
-Price is right in comparison to other stuff in area

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Dave S, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel, I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Good location - close to Canada place and Granville street - you need to either be prepared to walk, or have access to transport to really see the city
Hotel was okay - room was clean, quiet and nice.
Hallway was needing immediate upgrade and smelt funny but the smell didn’t go through to the room.
One elevator and it’s pretty slow
Ice machine didn’t work on level 5, but did on 7.
For the right price I’d stay here again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Thank you Sj4220 for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Dave S, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Reviewed March 23, 2018

There is no parking. I had to put my hazards on in front of the hotel where there is no stopping to get a parking fob. I then had to walk back 3 blocks to the hotel. This is not very secure for anyone who is coming back late to their hotel and the gate for the parking lot also closes at 1 am. This is more than an inconvenience and to top it off it is another $26.00 to park. They should have at least a valet or a shuttle to pick you up from the parking. Say I was handicapped or a senior citizen. I will never stay there again. The rooms are okay, nothing fancy but that is to be expected.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good day Cathy V,

I am sorry that you were upset with our parking situation, as a century old building we like every other building of this vintage do not have onsite parking and it is listed as such on our websites and every other partner site. We understand it is not the most convenient situation and if at any time it is not sufficient for our guest we will gladly assist you in finding a more appropriate situation. As for the pricing, this lot is not owned or affiliated with the hotel, we have to pay for our guests to park in this lot and we actually charge our guests less than the lot charges its own patrons ($26 vs. $28 and other hotels using the same lot charge their guests $36 per night). As an economy scale hotel we have decided to keep our parking fees as low as possible with guests self parking rather than valet when we researched the cost of valet parking fees would have been too high for our guests and we like other hotels who have Valet would not provide 24/7 valet due to costs meaning after hours guests would still pay full rate and have to self park.

Again I am sorry that the parking inconvenienced you, we would love to address the situation however we feel that our current arrangement is best for the majority of our guests and the hotel. While we understand that this is not adequate for your needs however Valet service is too costly for an economy hotel and shuttle services would require the guest to wait for the shuttle which would have to drive 11 blocks back to the hotel (due to one way streets and turn restrictions) meaning the 2 block is actually a lot quicker. Again we understand this is not a suitable solution for all, though I hope future guests will see your concerns and book accordingly.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Only good thing about this hotel is the location. Rooms are so small. Needs to be cleaned. Mold in corners
My husband barely fit threw the door to the bathroom. Piece of wood was nailed to the floor??? Tripped on it a few times

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good day janelle264,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not up to yours or our standards, I would love to discuss this in more detail so that I may address some of these issues you have reported. Please reach out to me at your convenience.

Regards,