“Great place to stay”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #80 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I come to Vancouver. It's close to many amenities and great restaurants and shopping. I normally come to Vancouver every couple of months and decided a few years back to give it a try and have been faithful ever since. The staff are friendly, The Morrissey is a great pub and Ginger62 brings in many amazing DJ's. I will agree with some of the feedback, that the noise is loud. However, they always warn me of it, and I'm a heavy sleeper, so I don't mind taking a room over the club. I highly recommend the Ramada if you are looking for a reasonable rate and a place to stay in downtown Vancouver.

1  Thank Drew674

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Old hotel, very dated interiors, bad lighting in rooms, view from the windows...you are looking at the fire wells, worst part is that it is currently 0150 in the morning and the bass from the clubs has kept me up the past two hours. Front desk can do nothing about it.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Yyzbased
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Well i had a pre paid visa and for some reason it did'nt want to work when i needed to pay the bill so we could get our room my girl friend and i, so i tryed and tryed with the visa a few times still did'nt work, kinda pissed me off and i felt like an idiot, but this wonderful woman named mihaela did'nt lose her cool at all and gave us an option that worked for everyone and made me smile and happy, she does great at her job and is full of smiles and has a wonderful attitude and great work ethics from what i seen, my girl and i want to thank you for helping us and making our stay every thing that we hoped it would be, hope to return again, thank you mihaela, room 209 march 24 2012.

Room Tip: Just let them do there job.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam E
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for a quick business trip, its in a great location and close to everything that I needed. All in all it was great value for money and the staff were very helpful and professional. Well recommended! I will be back.

2  Thank Josey L
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at this property Feb29-March 4th, 2012. The room was clean but very small with two double beds. For someone who is not expecting luxury, but just a place to sleep, this hotel fits the bill. Our room was at the back of the hotel and we had no problem with noise except for Saturday night when there was a group conversing in the hallway, but that could happen anywhere. You require a room key to enter the elevator and I felt very safe in spite of the fact that the hotel is on a major road. The bus stops right outside the door of the hotel and it is just a 5 minute walk to the skytrain station that takes you to the airport. We booked on Hotwire and the hotel would not allow us the complimentary breakfast as a result. We were allowed a bigger room, at our insistence. My husband was able to use the complimentary gym facilities at the gym around the corner. We paid $70/night with Hotwire, but could have booked for $84 directly with the hotel and received the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank arenamama
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here twice now. The first time, my son found a bed bug and we were not charged for the stay. The manager apologized profusely and assured us they would get it dealt with and I am sure they did. Wanting to give it a second shot, we made the mistake of staying here again and bringing a car. My son found a used condom under the bed and had to be moved from his room, which was decent enough of the hotel. Beds were OK, rooms OK, TV didn't work in my room and the creamer was actually hard.I have never seen creamer so old that it is hard. The internal fire doors all seemed to be 'sticky'. We stayed on a Friday night and the music noise from the downstairs was really quite bad until very late ( I went to bed at 1.30pm and it was going then ). I am used to loud music and was on the 5th floor , but even I couldn't sleep. The thing that made me most upset though was the following. When we booked in we had to hand the keys to our vehicle over to the desk (they had moved the car 'to make way for other vehicles' in the short space of time it was parked there)Despite the cameras all round the car park and the surveillance screens on the front desk, no one saw a thief breaking into the vehicle and the cameras were not hooked up to video! Not very useful.The cameras gave us a false sense of security, as they turned out to be completely pointless. This all happened in the space of less than 2 hours of being parked there in broad daylight. So my advice is, if you have to stay in downtown Vancouver stay somewhere else.If you have to stay here, do not expect any sort of protection for your vehicle. In fact, if you ask the hotel staff, after the event, they will show you in writing that the vehicles in the car park are not protected by them, even though they have hold of your keys. Yes it is near to everything, yes its reasonably priced, yes the rooms are cleanish and hopefully they dealt with the bug problem. Yes the staff are pleasant enough. BUT beware the drug users scouting out the cars in their car park.They are very swift about their business and the hotel staff did not seem unduly perturbed for us, leaving me to assume they have seen this scenario many times before!
**Ramada, pay someone to either actually watch your cameras, video tape it, or employ a guard in the car park. The thieves obviously know you don't, or they would not have tampered with our car in the daytime.

2  Thank biglis
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed here in the beginning of February and was pleasantly surprised on how good the service was. We had a small problem and accidentally got overcharged but the staff fixed the problem very quickly and really went out of their way to make sure we had a good stay there. Mihaela was extremely helpfuI and wouldn't stop until we were more than satisfied. I defiantly recommend staying there. The location is amazing. It sits between a fun bar and a nightclub. The rooms were nice and clean and our overall stay was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends