“Surprise Find - Awesome View!!”

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson
Ranked #44 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I only had one night in Vancouver and grabbed this hotel as it was close to my meeting. It used to be a tired old Ramada that I wouldn't be caught dead in. Based on the pictures I thought I'd give it a try and wow - what a neat surprise. While completely renovated, the rooms are nice, clean although a little small (especially the bathrooms which have barely enough room to turn). The real prize here is the view as it has a panoramic view of Vancouver including the full city, mountains and False Creek. If you're looking for a high end hotel with spacious bathrooms ... move on. But, if you're looking for a boutique type hotel with spectacular views, good service and great value, I'd say give this one a try.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an upper floor facing North as the day and night time views are amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Jedavan,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments about our hotel. Will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We also appreciate your comments about the bathroom. We have passed those comments on to our management. Your comments are taking very seriously. Your comments help us improve on our service to you and to future guests to our hotel.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites Vancouver

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in this hotel for almost two weeks due to medical emergency. You can't get much closer to Vancouver General Hospital than the Park Inn. The hotel was nothing special to write about, location was key, and it was clean. It looked like they had done some updating in the room, but not a complete overhaul. The staff was very accomodating & understanding of our issues. The hotel is across from the main emergency entrance of the hotel. We didn't check out the restaurant or any ammenities,so can't comment on those. The cleaning staff was great, one lady in particular noticed my mom didn't look very good one day & stopped her to see if she was ok, and proceeded to ask her every time she saw her how things were going. I wish I had gotten her name! Anyway, as we are from a small town & thrown into the big city at the worst possible time, it was so nice to see a friendly face once in awhile! Only downside was it being so close to the hospital (emergency in particular) you have to deal with the ambulances & the helicopter at all hours! But you can't have everything!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of vancouver, not the hospital.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jellybean055
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Dear Jellybean055,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We are happy that we could accommodate you during the medical emergency, We hope that your mother is on the road to recovery. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. . We hope that if you are ever in the area again, that you will stay with us.

Sincerely, Park Inn & Suites on Broadway

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Enjoyed the room - the hotel has a fridge in every room, so this was a real help since I tend to buy my own food rather than eat out while traveling if I have the option. I stayed for three nights.

Room was clean and comfortable. Wish the lighting were better. Everything is now lit by the new florescent coil style bulbs which project a harsh light, especially in the bathroom. Some of these bulbs offer a warmer cast, but these tend to be more expensive. I also wish the heater had been quieter. It was just beyond the foot of the bed. I finally turned it off at night so I could sleep in peace. When it ran it was loud and the curtain above it would balloon outward about two feet. The curtain was impossible to pull all the way to the side and keep it there. It would slowly gravitate to its original position and billow out again. A tie or sash added to the side would fix this annoyance without too much cost or hassle. Overall I enjoyed my stay. Across the street was a 24 hour Shoppers Drug Mart and there are an array of good cafes in the area.

Room Tip: Side street facing room is quieter than those facing W Broadway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I am a priceline customer and thought that we had yet another good deal thru them. We have stayed at some fantastic hotels before and had wonderful service but this "welcome" at the awful Park Inn really takes the biscuit. I was so incensed by the hostile welcome of the front desk staff that I actually wrote the review this from our room on the first night of our stay!

We arrived after a 300 mile drive to the hotel to find that the rear car park was occupied by an unfortunate homeless man begging for money. Inside the hotel we be greeted by a five minute line up and two members of staff "serving other customers". I witnessed very poor customer service while I was waiting to be served and I was amazed at the lack of discretion and sympathy involving another customer in front of me. There was no warmth, empathy or welcome and I thought that this was a very unfriendly hotel.

I finally got to the front of the line and a new member of staff came to the desk. I explained that we were staying for 2 nights and that we had made 2 bookings. This seemed to throw the receptionist, who made a big fuss about seeing whether it was possible to retain the same room throughout our two day stay. She eventually agreed and asked for a credit card and photo id. I produced an american express card with my photo on it and was immediately told that this was not sufficient to prove my identity. She abruptly told me that she wanted my driving licence as the photo id on american express wasn't sufficient.

She then issued me a key for room on the first floor and sent me on my way. Not a smile. Not a "How's your day going?". Not an acknowledgement that she was pleased that we were staying with the Park Inn and Suites. Not a welcome..more a non verbal display of hostility towards customers who were interfering with her day by turning up and asking to be booked in.

Turns out that the room was just around the corner from reception and opposite an open fire door leading to the car park, where I had parked my car prior to booking in. The door to our room was wedged open prior to our arrival and we entered to find a scruffy twin room with poor furnishings and antiquated beds. My wife sat on the bed and found that it was in very poor condition. The room was so scruffy that we had to have a good look around to check whether it had been burglarized prior to our arrival.

We decided that there was no way that we could stay in that room and I exited thru the open fire door to move our vehicle before we negotiated another room. I secured the fire door as the homeless person was hanging around immediately outside. When I joined my wife at the front desk a third member of staff was dealing with my wife and I arrived just in time to hear the receptionist say, "If you book with priceline your choice of room is restricted". Sadly this receptionist also obviously believed that her customers were a major inconvenience in her life because she chose to be abrupt, off hand and rude. At this point I pointed out that the room was sub standard and that it was unlocked. My wife suggested that the homeless man could have easily entered the insecure room and that it was unsatisfactory. Amazingly the receptionist then decided to lecture us that all major cities had problems with homeless people and that we have to put up with it. She then told us that the cleaning staff had a policy of wedging open the firedoors and leaving the hotel room doors open for their own convenience. She seemed to completely miss the point that the safety and security of the hotel and guests should have been a priority for the staff. She finally gave us a better room but only if we paid an extra $20 upgrade fee. Prior to doing this she berated us as she had to change our parking to two days as we hadn't been told that we were staying longer than the initial booking. She was less than pleased when we pointed out that the initial receptionist had been apprised of that fact only five minutes previously.

The bottom line is that our second room is perfectly adequate but we feel that the hotel treats its guest as though they are second rate citizens. Okay we are priceline customers but we do stay in hotels at least once a week on average. This place has been completely let down by three members of their front desk. All of them need to understand that customer service is paramount and that priceline customers do exchange information with their peers!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank MaxsSunshineTour
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is our second stay at the Park Inn, the rooms are a great size, comfortable and you can't beat the price. It's less than a 10 minute walk to the Canada Line and to South Granville for great restaurants. The manager is fantastically funny and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing Broadway, ask for a higher floor, they are less expensive, have an awesome...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thanks for you for staying with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your review. We hope that you will stay with us again!!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Good experience, friendly staff, $148 tax incl with breakfast for two and free parking. Nice view of downtown. Bus right outside door got us downtown in 10minutes. Exellent restuarnts in area, banana leaf was great. Everything rigtht there, drugstore, shops, beer store. Room was clean with a balcony.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass these comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We just walked in and found it to fit the needs required to stay there. We were too tired to hear the ambulances... just got in an went too sleep. When we work up it was awesome to see the view of Vancouver... mind you there was a homeless dude sleeping at the Shoppers drug mart. There was a timmies across the street, and tons of places up an down the street. All in all a Lotus land visit. loved it... stayed November 19th, 2011. Parking is reasonable at $12.00

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family