“Delicious”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious and so much choice for vegetarians. 3 of us shared 4 dishes and left feeling very full.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I normally come here with my lovely wife, but this time I’m solo in Vancouver for business. I’ve been traveling for a week from Mexico to Van and really just wanted to go to sleep, but... I’m soooo glad that I dragged myself out. This restaurant is cool and the food is amazing. I had the cauliflower special as an appetizer, some great eggplant main dish and a glass of their house merlot to drink. All the food was great, but the cauliflower was “last supper ever in my life” good. It all paired nicely with the merlot.

This is the kind of restaurant you don’t want to try because it will end culinarily diversity for you in Vancouver. You’ll never want to eat anywhere else.

I’ve already told you to much. So freakin’ good.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank markbS2620KQ
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I met my daughter in the city for lunch last week and she took me to the Nuba location on West Hastings. Wow! Great decor and ambiance - except for the rather unfriendly person who seated us. The restaurant was packed but the service was quick and friendly. The food was delicious! We split an order of crispy cauliflower and each had a falafel pita. If I could eat vegatarian like this every day I would never need to eat meat or protein again! I’m looking forward to checking out the other locations.

1  Thank helenrichmond
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

A restaurant for the 30s crowd and adjacent to several marijuana outlets, the Nuba is cozily nestled in the basement of a corner building in Gastown. The menu has all of the traditional options, caters to Vegan and vegetarian and gluten free, and serves up authentic-tasting Lebanese treats. The hummus, falafel, pita, olives, etc were all flavorful and reasonably priced. We were served more than we could eat and happily eat almost all of it. They offer hard cider and several craft beers. Service was excellent though the restaurant is a little loud when busy. The food is great, the service is excellent, and the prices are acceptable. If you like Lebanese, the Nuba is a must-try.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in a few times
Walk down into the basement restaurant
It’s casual and chill
The food is very fresh
The waiters easy going
It’s always good
But you’d better both have something with garlic!
Cheers