“Alfred loves Vancouver and will share his city with you”

A.E. Vancouver Private Tours
Ranked #28 of 166 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private/Customized Excursions/Sightseeing/Transport/Charters for Individuals and Small Groups in English, French, Dutch & German (Other Languages upon Request). Visit: Vancouver, Victoria (The Butchart Gardens), Whistler (Ski Transfers in Winter), Local Fraser Valley Wineries, Seattle,WA. Pre/Post Alaska Cruise Excursions/Transfers. Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise and all of the Rocky Mountain National Parks
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Alfred Esmeijer is the moving spirit (and owner) behind A.E. Vancouver Private Tours. He and his colleagues do everything right; however they also provide a value added that you will not find with most guides. Alfred loves this city and generously shares his knowledge and affection with you.

Yes, it's all good: new, clean vehicles, safe driving, friendly, flexible people, excellent interpretation in any of four languages (English, French, Dutch and German), and deep knowledge of history, place and culture. The guides themselves are interesting people and good to get to know.

Most importantly, Alfred understands and communicates the soul and style of this beautiful city: it's many neighborhoods, history, diversity, and style. After spending an afternoon, you will not only know all the places you want to go, but will also have a feel for the people and place.

VancouverPrivateTour, Owner at A.E. Vancouver Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank You for your kind words...I am humbled...It was my Privilege to spend time with you and your wife...I hope you will be back soon...

There are newer reviews for A.E. Vancouver Private Tours

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We did a tour for hubby's 60th birthday. Matt took us for breakfast in Granville Island then a trip round the city before an outstanding day in Squamish. He is knowledgeable and super friendly and was happy to fit the tour to our needs. An amazing day had by all 7 of us on the tour! Thanks Matt - I would totally recommend to anyone.

Thank You for your kind words and I am happy that Matthew was able to make your husband's 60th birthday a memorable one...Matthew is one of the best in Vancouver...

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I lead a group of energetic travellers every year to various cruises and land tours in different countries and I must say that Matthew from A.E. Vancouver Private Tours is way up in my list of outstanding tour guides.
We found out that Matthew is from Nova Scotia but spoke like he was a true Vancouverite. He is incredibly knowledgeable on Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria.
He customized the tour in such a way that we could see all the important sites and yet set the pace based on the group’s fitness level.
There were so many photo opportunities of the places where he took us. He took stunning shots of the group with the various landscape with his iphone and shared them with us.
Matthew went above and beyond in making our Vancouver visit amazing! The group cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for us.
As for me, I will definitely recommend Alfred’s team (A.E. Vancouver Private Tours) to any of my friends and colleagues who want to discover the best of Vancouver.

1  Thank fem787
VancouverPrivateTour, Owner at A.E. Vancouver Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words...From the time you contacted me I tried my best to create an itinerary to suit your group and I am happy that it all worked out...Of course, having Matthew as your guide was a total bonus...He is one of the best in Vancouver...I enjoyed meeting you in person and both Matthew and I hope to be of service to you again in the near future...

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Matthew was on time to pick the four of us up from our hotel in a clean large GM vehicle. He gave us a personalized 4 hour tour of the area after asking our interests. We had ample opportunities to get out and see various sights, and he was a wealth of information about the area and its history. A grea experience that allowed us get get the flavor of the area from a local's perspective, including a chance to find out about the sociological and political current issues important to Canadians. This tour offered a great patina to the stunning visuals here. Matthew even volunteered to carry some purchases back to our hotel after the tour, as we wanted to spend more time in Gastown.

VancouverPrivateTour, Owner at A.E. Vancouver Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thank you for your kind words...Both Matthew and I are humbled...Matthew is one of the best and I am glad you enjoyed his company...

Thank you again and if my Company can be of service again, do contact me right away and I shall do my best to assist you...

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Found these folks with an on-line search. My wife and I, and our best friends, wanted a private tour of Vancouver on a Sunday morning before boarding our ship for an Alaskan cruise-and-land vacation with Holland America. Contacted Alfred and he got right back to me with answers to all my questions and several suggestions. Our tour guide was Matthew and he did an excellent job of giving us a great tour which included some impromptu visits to locations where my wife, a consummate bird watcher, could indulge her passion. We hit the highlights, had some great food, and were deposited at the ship dock after the "herd" had processed, so we breezed right through as Matt had said we would. What a great 5 hours, and a great way to start our vacation. Kudos to Alfred and Matt. I highly recommend this company for a great tour of Vancouver.

1  Thank ndmVt
VancouverPrivateTour, Owner at A.E. Vancouver Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words...Both Matthew and I try to do our very best to make sure that you and all other Clients enjoy an excellent experience...

Thank you again...We feel humbled...

Hope to see you back in Vancouver in the near future and if we can be of service, do contact us right away and we shall do our best to assist you...