“great music and food”

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 4,116 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare. The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie's, true Italian, family food & friends. Close to Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Frankies is split in to two sides the restaurant and jazz club - on the jazz club side you have simply the best jazz venue west of Toronto. Run by Cory Weeds who ran the famous Cellar Jazz in Kits for over a decade - this is an amazing room that features local and touring acts. Recent gigs include Lenny White and Buster Williams. David King Trio, GoGo Penguin and Julian Lege. The room has a noise policy which basically states no talking during the performances - the perfect listening room !

1  Thank rockerbiff

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Found my way here years ago with my wife and had a simply fantastic, non-rushed meal. This trip, as I was staying at the same place nearby I decided to give it a go again. Fantastic. Waiters and waitresses were all friendly. Asked my waiter for his recommendation and I was not disappointed. Right across from BC place. A plus, plus!

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Very good experience. I was hesitant to book a reservation at a place in a hotel lobby, but the location was good and there were tables available at the last minute so we decided to give it a try.
We visited for dinner before an event at Rogers Arena. Our server asked if we were going to the game and made sure everything went quickly to meet our timeline. She made good suggestions on food choices. The caprese salad was amazing. The green salads were great and those that had soup really enjoyed it. The pasta dishes were unique and delicious. The environment was nice, not too loud and not too dark, but still intimate.
All four in our party enjoyed everything about the experience. Nothing about the meal, service, or experience was anything less than enjoyable.
Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Raeleanne
Raffaele A, Owner at Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at Frankie's.

We look forward to serving you again.

Raffaele

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

There are Italian posters on the wall but otherwise just a large modern stylist establishment. There were window
seats overlooking the Stadium if you feel like people watching but we chose a booth towards the back for a quieter spot. Waiters were all in black and ours seemed very knowledgeable about the wines. He talked about the specials of the day but when mine came it was quite different to what I expected - perhaps he had muddled up which days special he had described. He offered to get the chef to cook it up for me but that would have meant others would have finished way ahead of me. So it was dessert on the house instead! What I did have was excellent and the dessert was the best tiramisu ever!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Leisurely bite before the show. We were seated near the band. That was ok even if they were just tuning up. The food was ok. Nothing special. The service was quite slow. Glad we had time to kill. Would I go back. Probably not. Too many other places to try.

Hello

First impressions are very important, and I would like to apologize for not delivering the true Frankie's experience.

We do strive to produce authentic Italian food and take great pride in delivering an exceptional dining experience to our guests. Unfortunately we fell short on delivering this experience and I do sincerely apologize.

We do hope we will have an opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to accommodate your reservation.