“Great jazz, great food, great service”

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 4,117 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare. The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie's, true Italian, family food & friends. Close to Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I was lucky enough to get a seat at the bar on a Saturday night for dinner and jazz. Ate fantastic Italian food, good wine and great jazz. A really great way to spend an evening, whether you are travelling solo or with others.

1  Thank Karl J
Raffaele A, Owner at Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Hello

We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and thank you for allowing us to serve you. Hope to see you again soon.

Raffaele

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Four of us went here for dinner before the Trevor Noah comedy show. We found the food was very good. Our selections included lamb shank, arctic char and shrimp scampi pasta. We started with mussels and calamari. A couple martinis and a bottle of wine joined the meal. One meal (pasta) was slower than the others so our server offered a free dessert. Overall we enjoyed our dinner. We'll have to try the jazz club next door.

1  Thank Bluetoids
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for at least 15 years or longer. Previously Beatty Street Bar and grill. You used to need to arrive before 5 30 or you couldn’t get in. Slowly it’s changed. Used to have a bbq burger special that went away. The menu changed more geared towards high end restaurant. The pub atmosphere went away and the crowds got smaller. A happy hour was initiated but it’s now discontinued. Food was mediocre and service changed drastically. I’m afraid to say my pre game location won’t be Frankie’s anymore. Sad but that’s how change happens.

Raffaele A, Owner at Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Hello,

I would like to apologize on your recent experiences at Frankie’s. We do strive to produce authentic Italian food and take great pride in delivering an exceptional dining experience to our guests.

We apologize for not delivering the true Frankie’s experience to you and your guest. Please contact me directly at info-vancouver@frankiesitaliankitchen.ca and I would be happy to accommodate your next visit at Frankie’s. We do hope we will have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Raffaele

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Frankies is split in to two sides the restaurant and jazz club - on the jazz club side you have simply the best jazz venue west of Toronto. Run by Cory Weeds who ran the famous Cellar Jazz in Kits for over a decade - this is an amazing room that features local and touring acts. Recent gigs include Lenny White and Buster Williams. David King Trio, GoGo Penguin and Julian Lege. The room has a noise policy which basically states no talking during the performances - the perfect listening room !

1  Thank rockerbiff
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Found my way here years ago with my wife and had a simply fantastic, non-rushed meal. This trip, as I was staying at the same place nearby I decided to give it a go again. Fantastic. Waiters and waitresses were all friendly. Asked my waiter for his recommendation and I was not disappointed. Right across from BC place. A plus, plus!

1  Thank Michael A